Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Don't think I can finish setting up and get the actual battle opener post written tonight (caffeine's not working) but I'll finish what I can before I crash and try again tomorrow lol. Won't be on IRC or skype tonight so sorry for any inconvenience there.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so she's not just a powerful NPC! (Regarding Lysandra.) How exciting. :) You don't often see older women in adventurous groups like this. Personally, I think it's fun and refreshing.

Any changes you guys want to make to this initial lineup (or just mistakes to point out), be sure to let me know. Posting this well ahead of the battle to give people time to get things just the way they want/can tolerate.

PCS:
Reign HP 24/24 Force Fire Tome
---
Amalia HP 21/21 Brave Sword
---
Erion HP 24/24 Rune Sword
---
Uriel HP 27/27 ("No Vveapons!")
---
Robin HP 18/18 Crossbow
---
Faatina HP 21/21 Precise+ Lance
---
Arietta HP 27/27 Poison Axe
---
Isabella HP 24/24 Blitz Lance
---
Gar HP 9/9 Stiletto
---
Veronika HP 21/21 Crippling Sword
---
Lysandra HP 30/30 Advance Shield Tome (Anima: Earth)
---
Kenta HP 15/15 Blood Sword
---
Axel HP 21/21 Silver Lance
---
Lane HP 15/15 Night Brand (Dark Light Brand)
---
Thany HP 21/21 Killer Lance

Note: Zach will be in plot mode for this battle, same as Gabbie.

A small change I'm making to battle flow I mentioned before. Instead of withdrawing if left alone for too long, the wave 1 mooks will just become a part of wave 2. That makes more sense than them booking it right when the boss shows up.

One more change I'm considering since it'll simplify calcing the average a bit. If you want you can form teams right at the start of the battle, but the same rules will apply to wave 1, that being that once you attack a target, you're locked to them and vice versa until someone's down. If someone else in the combat team attacked a different target, neither of them could defend/heal each other until one of them was free. If you guys prefer it that way then go ahead and submit your teams and I'll update that listing. Blarg, I hate being tired.

Ok! Here's the general idea of the plan right now, if you have any ideas or suggestions for how it can be better, please just mention it in here~

Nika poke Warlock A (17 min damage, needs autohit to be hit, can use astra but might be better to save for a general)*
Lysandra defends Axel*
Axel pokes Warlock B (10 damage min, plus Lys counterspell, plus 6 damage min from defend)
Reign pokes a General (8+dicex2, gen needs a 3+ to hit him)*
Ari can smack an SM with swordreaver (autos, does 9+dice, takes dice)
Thany/Kenta are on cleanup duty as needed
Uri heals or wards Ari (depends on result of Nika/Axel attacks)

* means can move whenever

Gen A dies to counterspell so Kenta and Thany are free to target whoever else, preferably an SM (B/D) or the other Generals.

Dang. Reign's one fight sure had a lot of back-and-forth. :) It's nice to see that sort of combat when it happens -- much more exciting than oneshots, imo. (Speaking as a spectator, atm, not that my opinion's really any different when I'm the one in [gaming] combat, heheh.)

XD Man, that'd just be comedy if it was a slap fight, especially if it had some sort of lead up to it to indicate it was going to be serious.

Ok Thany. First off, since you're attacking the swordmaster, that's actually his roll. He has vantage which means her his first. The good news is he doesn't double you so his only attack didn't hurt a lot. So you'll need to then roll again for your attack. You need to do all the calculations as well, so keep that in mind. If you're attacking with your lance (smart choice) you'll get +2 to your hit so you'll need a 4+ on the hit roll to hit. Plus you'll have a possible +1 to you skill roll to help modify to get a crit or autohit if needed.

You have 6 def so you take 3 damage off that roll. And then you have 6 base mt, so you do 2+dice if you hit

i see. good thing your here to help incase i mess up from not having much action in a long time. i just wish i remembered how the rolls worked in general again.

Edited by Thany

Ok! I can help there too.

So on general, without skills, we deal with only pp stuff. There you roll your attack (3d6, hit die, damage die, modifier die) and then the enemy attack then any double that happens.

Hit is base hit + hit die- evd. If that's zero or greater it's a hit. If the modifier die matches the hit die it's an auto hit.

Damage is base damage + damage die - def or res. If modifier die and damage die match it's a crit which is ×2 damage. If all three match it's a lethal and you can choose an auto hit or ×3 damage.

Since you have killer lance, you get +1 to your modifier so you can make your modifier die go from a 1 to a 2, etc. This can help you hit or crit. But you can only add one not subtract. You also have your class skill but it doesn't apply yet.

Err really quick. You only do 8 damage. 6-4+6=8. Having wta for physical weapons only gives a boost to hit not damage.

Also typically to make it easier, we will spoiler combat stuff and separate it from flavor. So flavor might be that Thany took a glancing blow on her arm but managed to get in a solid strike on her opponent and then in the spoiler you would give specifics about damage. That helps keep numbers that aren't relevant to IC separate so there's less weirdness that way

Edited by scorri

truth be told.... i've never used spoiler on a fourm before. so i have no idea how that works. but thats for telling me a better way to be discribing the combat. and i only assumed i added 2 to my attack when you said 2+dice to hit.

Edited by Thany