Upgrade to 3.1.0

Jyosua

Some (if not all) of you who are getting comments posted on your profile might be getting PMs along with that as opposed to just the e-mail notification from before. You can revert this back to how it used to be by going to "My Settings" > "Notification Options" and scrolling down to where it says "Profile and friends". Adjust as you wish.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooooo! About Me is no longer the default page on profiles! Now nobody will be forced to scroll down Kiss and Michael Jackson pictures when they visit my profile!!! ;_____;

Some (if not all) of you who are getting comments posted on your profile might be getting PMs along with that as opposed to just the e-mail notification from before. You can revert this back to how it used to be by going to "My Settings" > "Notification Options" and scrolling down to where it says "Profile and friends". Adjust as you wish.

Is the reverse true too? Because I wouldn't like to be receiving a ton of emails. >_>

Guess I'll go check it out.

EDIT: Yep, seems to be true.

Edited by Nightmare

I woke up an hour ago and just checked Serenes, to see that the design was changed. Since my computer was in Snooze mode, I have a few tabs open of both the former design and the new design, and I can say without any doubts that the current Green (Serenes) design is much worse to the eyes. :/

Agreed with all people complaining about the banner. The lack of background transparency is another problem, and the background color for the text field is different (it's pure white instead of light green-white). The nickname box at each reply in a topic is different too, pure white opposed to green.

Doesn't the previous green skin code work?

Also, maybe you people should take the opportunity to make a blue banner for the default IP board skin and consider it an official skin already.

People, stop crying about the skins!

Those skins are temporary. You think they suck, right? Then use the default IP.Board skin. Don't like that either and still want to use one of the other skins, but think it sucks just because the banner hurts your eyes? Ignore the banner or something and focus on the content the forum features.

Yeah, I know I'm not staff anymore, but it's just annoying if you only hear people complaining about something and the only thing they say that actually helps is 'omg the banner hurtz my eyes'. Can't you just be patient until the currently temporary skins are actually completed? Surely you realize Josh knows the skins aren't perfect in their current state, right?

Me no likey change. This is not what I've been internet-less for 4 days and now I finally got it back, this is what I see. What a rude welcome. :sob: Is there anyway to get the old skin back?

EDIT: Green isn't helping. :sob: :sob:

Edited by El Rey León

People, stop crying about the skins!

Those skins are temporary. You think they suck, right? Then use the default IP.Board skin. Don't like that either and still want to use one of the other skins, but think it sucks just because the banner hurts your eyes? Ignore the banner or something and focus on the content the forum features.

Yeah, I know I'm not staff anymore, but it's just annoying if you only hear people complaining about something and the only thing they say that actually helps is 'omg the banner hurtz my eyes'. Can't you just be patient until the currently temporary skins are actually completed? Surely you realize Josh knows the skins aren't perfect in their current state, right?

I'm not complaing, I'm pointing out where are the flaws. I perfectly know that skin is a Work in Progress and can be improved.

It could before?

It was the third button below every user's avatars.

However, I'm pretty sure Joshua is already aware of that one issue:

We've upgraded to IPB 3.1.0. Please PM any bugs you find to me.

Known issues:

Display name button no longer opens in a small ajax window

Yeah, I am. And Jesus Christ people! I'm sorry I couldn't finish the skin, since unlike most of you, I have a job that actually pays the bills, including the hosting for this place. I'm going to begin working on the skin again now.

Also, thank you Tino, AceNoctali, his comment wasn't directed at you, I'm sure, And thank you for being helpful TheEnd.

I don't see why people are so fussed about the skin. Its different,but it doesn't burn your eyes or anything.Deal for a little while,people.

I don't see why people are so fussed about the skin. Its different,but it doesn't burn your eyes or anything.Deal for a little while,people.

Some people enjoy bothering Jyo.

Whining requires little to no effort.

"Everybody's doing it".

Some people hate reading opening posts.

I'll work more on the skins tomorrow. In the meantime I'm going to exercise and then work on my other project a bit.

Umm, I have a question. How can I set it so that when I receive a PM, that it pops up infront of me?

I've got a theory.

step 1: go to "my settings"

step 2: click Notification options

step 3: click the checkbox for "show pop-up when I receive a new inline notification"

step 4: scroll down to private messages and click the checkboxes of "inline notification" for

Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation

Notify me of replies to my personal conversations

Notify me when I am invited to a personal conversation

Then it might do it. I just did it now, so I don't know if it'll work yet.

Well, looks like it works. speedwagon just sent me a test PM and it popped up.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Actually, it does burn my eyes, but I'm dealing with it.

I wouldn't say it BURNS the eyes, as that's dramatic and requires a green much brighter than the current one, but I'm not a fan of the green. The purple is a bit brighter but doesn't reach that level of brightness. Everyone just needs to calm the hell down.

step 3: click the checkbox for "show pop-up when I receive a new inline notification"

I don't know where you're seeing this one. Mind taking a screenshot and showing me?

I checked the rest, so if ONE PERSON would like to quick send me a PM (since last I checked PMs can't be sent to yourself for whatever stupid arbitrary reason) that would be nice.

EDIT: I think I found the pop-up option under topic preferences, of all places.

Edited by General Spoon

Similarly, I would like to talk about the idiotic notification count. You know that number on the far right of your thing in the top right? The one that's farther right than the number of unread PMs you have? The thing that's supposed to tell you how many notifications you have? Get rid of it. It serves absolutely no purpose.