(SSBB) draft

Junkhead

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the hands of a good player, anyone can be good. That's why I decide to go with my favorites. Although I was on the verge of picking MK.

Yes, but because this is true, what is the idea of the draft? Wouldn't we just pick one guy and stay with it and be done with picking, unless you for a moment might consider what I said in my previous post?

(and update the OP regarding all the rules and characters)

Waitwaitwaitwait.

So has this still been decided to be Single Elimination? - six players.

First off, SE brackets can't be made for six players, at least in a fair way. Secondly, for six players, pools would work much better. Everyone fights once against everyone. This would make five rounds, and also work well with the drafting concept, if you aren't allowed to use a character you've already played with in a earlier round.

As for Swiss, we could hold fewer rounds than with Pools, but that sorta breaks the idea of drafting? Pools give much more reliable results, work better here imo, and most importantly, are million times easier to organize than Swiss or a triple elimination. They also can be done faster with, since people could play rounds in any order they want, and just tell the results here - finding someone you haven't played with yet in the IP chat and playing them before having to wait for that one guy who's travelling? Works. Do you have any points on why Single Elimination works better? (and you know, implementing the whole draft idea in it?)

Sorry, I don't know what a Swiss is. :(:

The winner just advances while the loser is eliminated.

Soul you didn't edit Mario back into the list >_>

I'll take.. Luigi I guess.

I did it on purpose, sorry. :(:

Yes, but because this is true, what is the idea of the draft? Wouldn't we just pick one guy and stay with it and be done with picking, unless you for a moment might consider what I said in my previous post?

(and update the OP regarding all the rules and characters)

Not really. Many people main a few characters.

Give me the monkey (Diddy).

Soul, a Swiss tournament is a tournament where all people play a fixed amount of rounds, and people play against others with the closest possible amount of points. This ensures that people will hopefully have always opponents around their level.

Pools are a format where everyone plays against everyone else in the same pool once. It's most often used to rank players and then people 'advance' from the pools into the single-elimination bracket. Football, for example, uses that format. But it also would fit this tournament, since there are only six players and the draft idea could be implemented much better. Pools give exact results while Swiss doesn't, and there is only one round more than in a corresponding Swiss tournament. And I also listed some other good points in them in the previous post.

Just limiting me to six characters doesn't mean I would use more than the best of them. I didn't get MK, but Marth rapes just as bad. And I have no plans to even use the rest unless I'm forced to. Is the idea to not let everyone use their mains, or rather, test if the person is good with everyone (by enforcing them to use more than just a single character)?

If it comes down to lack of knowledge - you'd like this to be pools/swiss but don't know how to, I can of course help with everything.

The winner just advances while the loser is eliminated.

Again, I point this out. We have six players - how the hell are you going to make a KO bracket with just six players? In the first round, three are eliminated - but how do you play semi-finals with just the three participants left?

Edited by mmKALLL

No. Because we have Final Smashes, it's only logical to combine Samus and ZSS, which means there are exactly 36 characters left, 6 per player.

Wasn't Soul counting Zelda and Shiek differently.

Wasn't Soul counting Zelda and Shiek differently.

Yes, and that makes a total of 36 characters. If you would take a look at the OP, you could see that there are two characters left, one for you and one for Soul.

(Though Soul forgot to give KALLL his 6th pick (Diddy Kong) and only took from Donkey Kong from the undrafted characters list.)

In other words, Donkey Kong and Olimar are left and it's your pick.

I think this idea Kaoz suggested is pretty good:

Chaoskitty

simply, everyone plays everyone else once, then the two that had the best results can play each other again to determine the winner or something... in order to make it actually work like a draft, I suppose you can only use one character per pools set, and can't use that character again for the rest of pools

Who agrees?

I agree. It sounds like a good idea. Although i don't get the pools thing... Does it mean that once a round is finished you can't use a character the next round?

I agree, since I suggested it already twice.

In pools, one player wins all their matches, another one loses a match to the player who won them all, someone lost two matches, and so on, which means that there are no ties and no need for tie-breakers (the two best playing it out).

Slayer, pools don't have definite rounds - you are free to play matches in any order you want, but once you've used a character against someone, you may not use it again against anyone else.

Attached is the pool image. All you need to do is play someone else from the draft, and tell me the exact results and which characters you used. I'll update this image here whenever able. Remember, once you've played a set with a character, you may not use that same character anymore against anyone else. Best of three, 3 stocks, 8 mins, have fun~

brawlpools.png

1.Soul - Yoshi, Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Wolf, Olimar.

2.Emerald - Ike, Ness, Pit, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong.

3.KALLL - Marth, Falco, Wario, Peach, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong.

4.Ulki - Lucario, Toon Link, Snake, Jigglypuff, Samus, Mario.

5.Kaoz - Sheik, Link, Dee Dee Dee, Pokemon Trainer, Luigi, Ice Climbers.

6.Corey - Robotic Operational Buddy, Meta Knight, Lucas, Sonic, Zelda, Fox.

Edited by mmKALLL

..So, people do know that this is already underway, right? :p Everybody just forgotten or aren't enthusiastic at all.

Just grab anyone else and schedule a match against them. Tell me the results (I want to know the score, not just who won, as in, was it 2-0 or 2-1) and who you used. I'll cross out that character from the list above, and you may not use that character anymore. ..It's not that hard?

To everyone, just contact me.

I don't so any hour EST (well mostly) is good. I thought it'd be easer for other people to set the time.