Digital Download

Leif

Would there be any problems with a digital download of this game? When I played the demo version I experienced some lag whenever a unit started a critical attack. Would I be better off just buying a cartridge to prevent any problems?

Also if I were to buy the cartridge version, what would be the best method to get it on the day it's released? If I were to pre-order it, could I have it shipped to an address?

Would there be any problems with a digital download of this game? When I played the demo version I experienced some lag whenever a unit started a critical attack. Would I be better off just buying a cartridge to prevent any problems?

Also if I were to buy the cartridge version, what would be the best method to get it on the day it's released? If I were to pre-order it, could I have it shipped to an address?

I didn't notice any lag myself, but I have heard that the 3DS reads from a cartridge faster than it reads from an SD card. Don't know for sure, though. I'd recommend the cartridge in any case.

As for pre-ordering it, I don't know where you live so I can't say for certain. Amazon normally offers release date shipping, but evidently they're having problems with stock or something. Your best bet is to preorder at Gamestop and pick it up in store. (Best Buy may have in store release date preorders too, but I've generally found Gamestop a tiny bit more reliable. Plus you get a free artbook there.)

The lag might not be in the full game, but of course, it might be too. I haven't got any digitally downloaded 3DS games, so I couldn't tell you

Also, yeah, if you preorder from a number of stores, they'll ship to addresses within the country, and sometimes out of it. The best way IMO is actually going in on release day and picking it up, but I get that that's not feasible for everyone

I run a 3DSXL with Mario Kart 7, Crimson Shroud, Liberation Maiden, and Professor Layton: Miracle Mask installed from the eShop. So far, I've encountered no lag issues with these games and none with the demo of FE13, though I will keep an eye on it from now on for you. It may be that the architecture of my XL is newer and thus better suited to digital downloads. To keep track of all the variables, I play most of my games with 3D turned off, but have been playing FE13 with 3D turned on to maximum. I also use the SD card that came with my machine, not a third party one, which may or may not affect read speed.

Doing some quick study on Google on the matter for you, I found a thread about bit.trip.runner in which the poster had lag issues with 3D turned on with the downloaded version of the game; however, owners of the cartridge version of the game also reported the same unfortunate lag, so that is more a matter of coding. Did not find any articles or evidence collaborating the idea that the 3DS reads cartridges faster than SD cards, but I also did not look all that hard for one.

Since my experiences with eShop has so far been good, I'll be going digital myself because I want to play Etrian Odyssey 4 and FE13 interchangeably without constantly switching carts. What 3DS model are you using?

Honestly, I didn't notice any lag. Is there a reason for your preference for an eshop download? I know I've been praising them a lot recently, but Videogamesplus will almost certainly get the game to you by the sixth or seventh of February, even if you don't live in the States.

Honestly, I didn't notice any lag. Is there a reason for your preference for an eshop download? I know I've been praising them a lot recently, but Videogamesplus will almost certainly get the game to you by the sixth or seventh of February, even if you don't live in the States.

I just ordered the cartridge via the website you recommended. Will it come relatively soon after the release date?

It's not lag.

The game does a ''slow-motion'' when you Crit. Also when Chrom/MU/Lissa dies and sometimes when you kill enemies.

Also, i have a question related to the digital copy. If i download it, and for some reason i need to delete it, will i be able to download it again or i will have to buy again ? Will the saves in the SD card be deleted as well ?

Edited by Lanko

Also, i have a question related to the digital copy. If i download it, and for some reason i need to delete it, will i be able to download it again or i will have to buy again ? Will the saves in the SD card be deleted as well ?

You can download it again. It would be stupid if you couldn't. :)

Your saves are stored separately from the game, so they'll be fine.

You can download it again. It would be stupid if you couldn't. :)

Your saves are stored separately from the game, so they'll be fine.

It's linked to your eShop account for that console. As long as you don't format the system memory via the option to do so and delete the eShop account and ALL your associated content from the eShop... you'll be fine.

So it's linked to the E-Shop account, awesome. That means i can download the game even if i switch SD cards ?

Let's say i switch the 3DS 4gb SD card for a 32gb one. Would it be possible ?

Also, is there a way to transfer data to one SD card to the other ? Like, saves, DLCs, etc...

So it's linked to the E-Shop account, awesome. That means i can download the game even if i switch SD cards ?

Also, is there a way to transfer data to one SD card to the other ? Like, saves, DLCs, etc...

Just transfer using a PC. That's quick... if you have a decent computer. It's certainly faster than re-downloading a 1 GB game, that's for sure.Well, depending on how fast your Internet speed is...

So yeah, no need to re-download it. Just use a PC and transfer.

I didn't even knew you could connect the SD card to the PC.

That's great. Can you select what you want to transfer or it transfers everything ?

You could probably select what you transfer... if you knew about coding and all that stuff... strings of numbers and lots and lots of files... :P

Personally, I can't recognize what's what, so I just transfer everything! XD

It's easier that way.

Buy yourself an SD Card Reader like I did. They don't cost too much, and you can use them to get pictures off your wii as well. :P (as well as other things that nintendo would rather you not do...lol)

Buy yourself an SD Card Reader like I did. They don't cost too much, and you can use them to get pictures off your wii as well. :P (as well as other things that nintendo would rather you not do...lol)

Cough. My USB/SD card reader was actually bundled in with exactly something Nintendo would rather me not do... Ugh I couldn't take the Tierkreis voices anymore.