FE13 timeline from 2ch

nocturnal YL

Some months ago I mentioned about a timeline drawn by someone from 2ch. I posted it here, but most responses I got were "I can't read Japanese." I actually expected someone here would do that, since the FE fandom has quite a lot of people who do know the language. ...At least in the east.

Since no one did that, I took it upon myself and my incomplete knowledge in Japanese and tried to translate that timeline. The result is this:

(Note: massive spoiler with certain info on yet-to-release SpotPass chapters)

Direct link - PostImage / Photobucket

Original - PostImage / Photobucket

FORGET ABOUT THOSE HOSTS!

Imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/cWTRa#0

Image:[spoiler=Huge image with plot summary, including info on SpotPass chapters not yet released]HDhadmo.png

Notes:

- I'm rather horrible at the language compared to some members of this forum. Don't rely on it too much.

- This translation does not reflect my opinion. I tried to be as loyal as possible to the original image.

- There are some places (especially the notes at the bottom) that I don't agree with, speaking for myself. If you ask me why some parts are written in a certain way, the most likely answer is that I don't know.

- All those said, it's a rather useful tool for figuring out what is going on in the story.

EDIT 1 - Image contained spelling error. Now updated.

EDIT 2 - Changed "Flame Pedestal" to just "Fire Emblem" and corrected minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

EDIT 3 - Switched to Photobucket because PostImage removes images that aren't viewed for 6 months.

Edited by nocturnal YL

AFAIK there's like 3 active members here who know Japanese, myself included, and I can barely read kanji anyhow

uh flame pedestal is "Fire Emblem" man :/

Huhn. Cool.

Morgan's such a weird situation though. It's explainable why (s)he exists if (s)he's indeed from a different timeline entirely (I'm theorizing he came from one of the futures spawned at the end of the game), but things get really really weird when Morgan has a sibling, as this would imply one of the A-timeline kids has to be Grima's, since they still exist. And also there must have been a Morgan in their timeline in order to be their sibling recognised. But it seems odd for Grima to end up having a kid, especially one showing no signs or awareness of it. And while Morgan's got amnesia, any siblings wouldn't, and they'd know this. So is it extendable by logic that Robin's husband/wife had to have been someone who had no other children? (eg Male!Robin marrying Anna/Say'ri/Tiki/etc; Female!Robin marrying any guy not named Chrom)

Also, is there anywhere that actually specifies Morgan's from a third timeline? His solo end just specifies it's not from the alpha(a) timeline - what if he's actually just from the (b) timeline?

time loops are hard man D:

Edited by Garlyle

I guess I just wasn't paying attention to where you've been posting it. XD

AFAIK there's like 3 active members here who know Japanese, myself included, and I can barely read kanji anyhow

Mr. FE12 translation patch main translator's greatest secret. He used *SPOILER* to do the majority of the work.

Hmm, that image is not showing up for me...

Right click on it and hit "View Image" or an equivalent on whatever browser you're using. It's a pretty massive image so there might be forum restrictions or it just might be the hosting service or idk.

Right click on it and hit "View Image" or an equivalent on whatever browser you're using. It's a pretty massive image so there might be forum restrictions or it just might be the hosting service or idk.

Ah, I copied the URL and opened it on a different tab, and that worked. Thanks.

I'm getting massive Steins;Gate vibes from the alpha and beta worldlines.

Just saying. Also neat, my kanji recognition is terrible, and if I can't copy and paste to a dictionary I usually give up because of /effort/ so thanks for this.

Updated image. It now calls the pedestal Fire Emblem. Also, thanks for the feedback.

One trivia I neglected to mention in the image: Unu-sama (うぬ様) is Walhart's nickname. It comes from his use of the unusual second-person pronoun, unu.

Huhn. Cool.

Morgan's such a weird situation though. It's explainable why (s)he exists if (s)he's indeed from a different timeline entirely (I'm theorizing he came from one of the futures spawned at the end of the game), but things get really really weird when Morgan has a sibling, as this would imply one of the A-timeline kids has to be Grima's, since they still exist. And also there must have been a Morgan in their timeline in order to be their sibling recognised. But it seems odd for Grima to end up having a kid, especially one showing no signs or awareness of it. And while Morgan's got amnesia, any siblings wouldn't, and they'd know this. So is it extendable by logic that Robin's husband/wife had to have been someone who had no other children? (eg Male!Robin marrying Anna/Say'ri/Tiki/etc; Female!Robin marrying any guy not named Chrom)

Also, is there anywhere that actually specifies Morgan's from a third timeline? His solo end just specifies it's not from the alpha(a) timeline - what if he's actually just from the (b) timeline?

I actually thought Morgan simply came from the player side's future (the future of timeline beta), until I got read the sibling supports where the sibling does recognize Morgan. Then I starting thinking maybe he's from the same future as the others (timeline alpha), and was teleported by Robin at the last moment or something as a last-ditch effort to save Morgan (who chose to side with evil, if what happens in the DLC also happened there) from Grima. But it would only make sense if Robin really had that sort of power while being possessed. So now it's back to knowing nothing about Morgan again.

It's quite creepy if the sibling you talk to is actually an alternate version of that person, but neither of you realize that....

I guess I just wasn't paying attention to where you've been posting it. XD

I actually had you in mind back when I posted that. I just thought you were either too busy or not interested.

I also overestimated the nmber of Japanese readers in this forum in general.

Ah, I copied the URL and opened it on a different tab, and that worked. Thanks.

I remember some saying my images are not viewable. That's why I included a link to that image, although said link may not be apparent when there's a spoiler-tagged image right in the middle.

Just saying. Also neat, my kanji recognition is terrible, and if I can't copy and paste to a dictionary I usually give up because of /effort/ so thanks for this.

Glad to hear!

Pointy Demonspanker what

The new name Lucina gave to Falchion in her A support with Owain. It's 封魔剣エクスブレード (fuumaken ekusubure-do; Demon Sealing Sword Exblade) in the Japanese version.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Huhn. Cool.

Morgan's such a weird situation though. It's explainable why (s)he exists if (s)he's indeed from a different timeline entirely (I'm theorizing he came from one of the futures spawned at the end of the game), but things get really really weird when Morgan has a sibling, as this would imply one of the A-timeline kids has to be Grima's, since they still exist. And also there must have been a Morgan in their timeline in order to be their sibling recognized. But it seems odd for Grima to end up having a kid, especially one showing no signs or awareness of it. And while Morgan's got amnesia, any siblings wouldn't, and they'd know this. So is it extendable by logic that Robin's husband/wife had to have been someone who had no other children? (eg Male!Robin marrying Anna/Say'ri/Tiki/etc; Female!Robin marrying any guy not named Chrom)

I love the character, but Morgan is in fact, the biggest plot hole in the game when it comes to the timeline. S/he exists in both timelines, but in the alpha timeline Morgan is Grima's servant. Your point is valid, that Morgan has to come from a woman who never has any kids. Robin's children existing seem to be a plot hole namely because when would they have been born if Robin joined with Grima.

I love the character, but Morgan is in fact, the biggest plot hole in the game when it comes to the timeline. S/he exists in both timelines, but in the alpha timeline Morgan is Grima's servant. Your point is valid, that Morgan has to come from a woman who never has any kids. Robin's children existing seem to be a plot hole namely because when would they have been born if Robin joined with Grima.

Not really. The war with Perezia took longer in the first timeline and it's possible the Walhart war took longer too. Plenty of time all round.

The only time that Morgan is definitely from a different timeline to the children characters is if you marry one of the children characters.

Not really. The war with Perezia took longer in the first timeline and it's possible the Walhart war took longer too. Plenty of time all round.

The only time that Morgan is definitely from a different timeline to the children characters is if you marry one of the children characters.

Doesn't Robin say it after you finish Paralouge 12?

Well, the children characters claim to recognise Morgan if he/she is their sibling. So presumably, if the Avatar married a first gen, Morgan came from the same timeline. It's not like the Avatar is all-knowing.

Well, the children characters claim to recognise Morgan if he/she is their sibling. So presumably, if the Avatar married a first gen, Morgan came from the same timeline. It's not like the Avatar is all-knowing.

Valid. BUT, I think your Morgan did in fact come from another timeline. It is the only way to explain the other Morgan in FOD. Still does not explain why there is two of them though.

Morgan has amnesia and there are comments about not knowing his original timeline exactly because his background can vary wildly, depending on whether he comes from a first gen parent or a second gen one. The comments regarding everything being unknown are there due to the variable possibilities regarding his background, and IS not wanting to give him multiple backstories. However, if you make him have a sibling, then the sibling will recognize him just fine in their supports, which shows that they certainly come from the same timeline in that case.

Valid. BUT, I think your Morgan did in fact come from another timeline. It is the only way to explain the other Morgan in FOD.

Future of Destruction is an alternate timeline. Morgan specifically seems to be in a very different situation from in the original future timeline, considering how he's an enemy of the other kids there and there are two of them on top of that.

Edited by NeonZ