General music discussion/sharing/recommendation thread

peener weener

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck "indie folk" music

I went through a phase 3 years ago and looking back it was horrible, at least the chicks who liked it were cute

Also I'm super annoyed at myself for somehow introducing my friend to Death Grips and having him turn into a backpacker, the only guys he'll listen to that aren't really backpackish are OF (who he listened to beforehand) and Kendrick, oh and Death Grips of course.

Edited by Alb

Fuck "indie folk" music

I went through a phase 3 years ago and looking back it was horrible, at least the chicks who liked it were cute

Also I'm super annoyed at myself for somehow introducing my friend to Death Grips and having him turn into a backpacker, the only guys he'll listen to that aren't really backpackish are OF (who he listened to beforehand) and Kendrick, oh and Death Grips of course.

indie folk like? ajj or something?

also those are the most backpacker non-backpacker artists there are lol.

indie folk like? ajj or something?

also those are the most backpacker non-backpacker artists there are lol.

Yeah, like AJJ or NMH, basically lowfi vocals with some shitty acoustic guitar lol

Exactly, you'd already expect him to like those. He actually complained when he was with his friends in a car and My Nigga came on, actually he told me he gets immediately turned off by an artists if he hasn't looked into them yet and a single of their becomes "overplayed"

Edited by Alb

Yeah, like AJJ or NMH, basically lowfi vocals with some shitty acoustic guitar lol

Exactly, you'd already expect him to like those, he actually complained when he was with his friends in a car and My Nigga came on

man stfu i love ajj. they aren't that lofi okay. nmh though, pianos filled with flames #deepphilosophy man

ugh i fucking hate those kinds of people. i've got a stereotypical dadrocker friend who complains about reggaeton and justin bieber and edm and shit. i've argued hip-hop enough with him that he's accepted it, though

Edited by fuccboi

Anyway, what albums have been in your rotations lately? I randomly fell in love with James Blake's Overgrown despite not really enjoying his music from previous listens, it's like I had a revelation.

i've been on /mu/ for awhile now, and i still can't figure out what the fuck backpacker means.

early ajj and nmh (both albums) are great. :P i like lord huron too.

though, i'm probably most knowledgable in fingerstyle acoustic music. i'm listening to "the thing that came from somewhere" by don ross and andy mckee.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Backpacker is sort of ambiguous like TERRORIST

Though it's generally associated with people who only like newer lyrical/underground rappers who speak about REAL ISSUES, but they'll enjoy most things from the older days. Also they hate mainstream artists akin to 2Chainz or Drake

Anyway, what albums have been in your rotations lately? I randomly fell in love with James Blake's Overgrown despite not really enjoying his music from previous listens, it's like I had a revelation.

i've been listening to a lot of jazz lately, particularly mingus. one of my favourite artists, actually. let my children hear music, blues and roots, mingus ah um. have also recently discovered mingus big band. good shit.

james blake is a fucking qt, but his music isn't really my thing, although i did like his s/t to some extent. i've only given overgrown a cursory listen and i can't say i remember much of it.

i've been on /mu/ for awhile now, and i still can't figure out what the fuck backpacker means.

early ajj and nmh (both albums) are great. :P i like lord huron too.

though, i'm probably most knowledgable in fingerstyle acoustic music. i'm listening to "the thing that came from somewhere" by don ross and andy mckee.

like the hip-hop version of shitty hipster, sort of?

never heard of them. is gud?

WHEW I remember when I was around 12 I was downloading these random Jazz albums

Check out Soil and "Pimp" Sessions

are you calling me a twelve year old ill have you know i turn 13 in a few months??????

this is pretty good shit, actually. i'll make sure to check more of them out.

something else that's been on rotation for me is clipse god fucking shit i love clipse

Edited by fuccboi

Backpacker is sort of ambiguous like TERRORIST

Though it's generally associated with people who only like newer lyrical/underground rappers who speak about REAL ISSUES, but they'll enjoy most things from the older days. Also they hate mainstream artists akin to 2Chainz or Drake

i've been listening to a lot of jazz lately, particularly mingus. one of my favourite artists, actually. let my children hear music, blues and roots, mingus ah um. have also recently discovered mingus big band. good shit.

like the hip-hop version of shitty hipster, sort of?

ah, i see. thanks.

and mingus is good shit indeed. my friend gave me a bunch of jazz awhile ago because i'm pretty new to it all.

west coast get down from south central is fucking great!

never heard of them. is gud?

if they're your sort of sound, then yes. very. when you have time:

[spoiler=youtubez]

ah, clipse. takes me back. grindin' has one of the sickest beats i've ever heard, to this day! haven't listened to them in years, though.

I typically listen to rock with orchestral instruments. A good example is the band down below, Red.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=JoTdWKs2ZsM

ah, a fan of red. do you also like black fang and whatnot?

i'm a huge fan of the sword and freedom hawk. basically whoever sounds like sabbath. :P

Edited by Phoenix Wright

ah, i see. thanks.

and mingus is good shit indeed. my friend gave me a bunch of jazz awhile ago because i'm pretty new to it all.

west coast get down from south central is fucking great!

if they're your sort of sound, then yes. very. when you have time:

[spoiler=youtubez]

i can't say i'm exactly an expert on jazz though, i honestly only know the legends and some random modern artists here and there.

[spoiler=check out grant green]

youtube quality is pretty shitty though

i'd never heard of west coast get down! any sample yo?

ah, that is absolutely crazy technically. it's not really my type of music, i think, but that guy is talented as fuck.

soil & pimp and grant green are also great. over the summer, i shall obtain even more music! now, to listen to fluorspar's.

can we start putting all videos in spoilers? my internetz doesn't like the work i'm making it do.

SUCK MY DICK ANTHONY FANDANGO

that was fucking great. i will Very Legally Acquire this musics at my earliest convenience

photo.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg

Also that Kimbra Sally song is sick, I definitely need more female vocals in my library

Kimbra has an album out so there's plenty more songs from her to get!

gosh how do you even do spoilers

Edited by Fluorspar

You can also click the greenish box, 3rd button on quickpost labeled "Special BBCode," and roll down to Spoiler on the list