Does any else do rescue trick?

Volke29

Well, it's not really a trick, and I haven't read about this. Thought I'd share.

You basically need a lot of Rescue staffs and your unit able to use staff. This is really useful for grinding your characters up to limit break. I equip them with Paragon, play the Decisive King DLC and kill all the enemies except one of the healers (I corner her). Then I just spam Rescue until I'm level 20. It takes about 15 minutes.

It's useful just to Rescue Chrom because he has access to convoy and icon starts at him each turn.

Of course, having Silver Card helps buy all those staffs. Anyone else know this, do this?

It takes about 15 minutes.

Rescue Staff exp grinding is useful on lower levels when you can't survive a bum rush of Lost Bloodlines 3... but other than that, it's inefficient as all hell compared to 30 levels in the space of 8 minutes getting 16 exp per kill on lunatic maxed out internal level cap. Even faster if it's your MU with veteran or a guest MU.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Rescue Staff exp grinding is useful on lower levels when you can't survive a bum rush of Lost Bloodlines 3... but other than that, it's inefficient as all hell compared to 30 levels in the space of 8 minutes getting 16 exp per kill on lunatic maxed out internal level cap. Even faster if it's your MU with veteran or a guest MU.

Made better if you have a Dancer to double the grind.

But it doesn't matter how many turns you spend, just how much time you spend. A Dancer will slow you down, unless you want to try to kill two birds with one stone by leveling the Dancer at the same time. And it still slows you down, it just lets you accomplish two things at once.

Best grinding on normal mode is RoR3 for higher levels.

For mid level it's LB3.

For low level exp exponential is good.

Rescue spamming is only good for getting Maribelle and Lissa to 10, or staff training.

Best grinding on normal mode is RoR3 for higher levels.

For mid level it's LB3.

For low level exp exponential is good.

Rescue spamming is only good for getting Maribelle and Lissa to 10, or staff training.

For high, LB3 is better than Rogues 3 because you start to get the same amount of exp for every enemy and LB3 gives you a lower chance of dying.

Made better if you have a Dancer to double the grind.

Nice. And I thought I was abusing with Veteran + Paragon lol. Never thought of that ... I may be only person in the world who used Dance move for first time after 100 hours of gameplay. (I was leveling Olivia. But now I need Dance for secret boss battle in Apotheosis. That and VVW.

IMO, I think the devs put this in on purpose. There's so much grinding to this game. It's nice to take a short cut here and there, IMO.

It's very tedious. D8 And if your final class is a non-staff class, it's not useful at all.

I disagree. You'll get whatever stats the staff class has maxed out and then switch to the class you want with a massive headstart.

Edited by Integrity

i read on gamefaqs, i believe, that someone was using this to level gerome as a war monk so he would finally gain some res when he levels.

i've been meaning to try it but i've pretty much given up trying to get res on certain characters at this point...

i read on gamefaqs, i believe, that someone was using this to level gerome as a war monk so he would finally gain some res when he levels.

i've been meaning to try it but i've pretty much given up trying to get res on certain characters at this point...

I don't think certain weapons/staves influence growth rates. A Vaike!Gerome, for example, has an 18 percent growth for resistance as a war monk, regardless of what weapon/staff was used. It'd be easier to equip paragon and grind with an axe on LB3.

I don't think certain weapons/staves influence growth rates. A Vaike!Gerome, for example, has an 18 percent growth for resistance as a war monk, regardless of what weapon/staff was used. It'd be easier to equip paragon and grind with an axe on LB3.

*grind with an axe as a War Monk, of course