Does Thracia 776 crash with an English patch?

Lantairu

I just finished FE4 and I want to play Thracia 776. However, I'm worried that the game will crash during certain scenes that aren't translated when using a patch, similar to the ending in FE4. Does this happen in Thracia, or just FE4?

I just finished FE4 and I want to play Thracia 776. However, I'm worried that the game will crash during certain scenes that aren't translated when using a patch, similar to the ending in FE4. Does this happen in Thracia, or just FE4?

There is lots of untranslated garbage text (mostly in menus), plus one conversation that gets replaced with an unrelated one, but none of it causes crashes as far as i know, and I've played through the entire game (including the complete ending sequence).

FE5's English patch isn't even very good. Joesteve was gonna redo the translation, but I dunno what he ended up doing with that. I don't recall the Shaya patch ever crashing for me though, so that's a thing.

Will I still get the story? If not, is the story all that special anyway? I'm pretty sure it's nothing compared to FE4, but still.

FE5 does have some Heroes or whatever with bugged names in that one gaiden chapter before final, hovering over them with the cursor causes a freeze. No other issues that I can think of, though?

There was also one in the final chapter with Leidrick, where Galzus can join? The text for these characters doesn't have an end command and runs off, causing lots of issues.

You can get around it by not hovering over them or being really quick when interacting with them, or if needed, temporarily play without the patch to get around it.

No one has been assed to fix it.

FE5 does have some Heroes or whatever with bugged names in that one gaiden chapter before final, hovering over them with the cursor causes a freeze. No other issues that I can think of, though?

you can also avoid the crash by turning of that info window IIRC.

Edited by #RR shinpichu

Oh right. Forgot about them. Everyone in the final castle with glazus's class who isn't recrutable has this issue. As for the story, the dialog still gives you a good idea of it (the dialog isn't TOO bad). I personally liked this patch's dialog better then the old fe6 patch (the new fe6 patch, on the other hand, is awesome and you should play it to read the dialog).

FE5 really needs a re-translation. I took a quick peek while preparing for my LP, and the menu text is just weird. To be honest I'm considering going Jap for that game.

there is another translation that translates all of the menus, but only the first few chapters of dialog. That being said, the dialog includes some vital gameplay hints, so i still recommend using the standard translation.

FE4 will crash at the ending. You just need to remove the translation patch before seizing Barhara Castle and it'll be fine. I've never had my Thracia game crash, but if it does for you, I'd recommend just removing the translation patch at that part it crashes at

As for the translation, I'm really not picky. They translated the story and plenty of other things. It wasn't perfect, but translating and patching an entire game is not easy. Imo it's much better than nothing. I'd be grateful if they or someone picked up where they left off and updated the patch, just adding in all the things on the menu and the like that weren't finished. I'd do it if I knew how to patch games, but ha ha no that's way beyond me. And that's why I'm so grateful people gave us what they did, because it's definitely not something I could do, as much as I hope to be able to someday.