Arena abusing for an hour.

My cousins (even my baby ones, who could play tennis) were playing on my Wii, and on the computer, and they hadn't gotten hyper yet. So, I played Sacred Stones and decided to abuse the Arena. I have more than 200K now, and a few blessed and cursed characters who I might not be able to promote fast enough.

Blessings and Curses

Mouldy (13)

HP: +1

Mag: +1

Skill: +1

Luck: +1

Def: +2/+3

Res: Average/+1

An uber Moldy who will grow up to be a Sage ^_^

Eirika (9)

Cursed in every stat.

Ross (11)

Skill: +2

Spd: -1

Luck: -4

Def: -2

Res: +1/+2

Stupid Ross, going around getting cursed like that =/

Colm (9)

HP: -1

Str: +1/+2

Skill: ^

Luck: -1

Def: -1/-2

Stupid Colm, going around making me think about using Rennac.

Joshua (15) T_T

HP: -1

Skill: +1/+2 (it'll cap anyway)

Speed: -1/-2

Luck: -1

Res: +1

Str: -2/-3

Stupid Josh, getting cursed to hell and back where it matters.

Bad results. Plus, every time I used Colm, I'd get something with a lance, mainly Knights. Same with Eirika >_>

The Colly really hates me, and so does the RNG. Next thing you know, the game will hate me again and die.

I hate it when I worked so long at abusing then somebody either dies because of a critical or when I wasn't looking.

That's because you need to know how to use the Arena:

1. If the enemy can critical and do more than, like, 4 damage, retreat.

2. If you take damage, even if you're attacking next, and the next enemy attack can kill you, retreat right after you take that hit (not the one that kills you; the one that almost kills you).

3. If your hit rate is 100% and you will kill the enemy, you don't have to retreat.

4. Keep a healer in front of the arena so you can always heal and go back in the next turn.

5. Dn't forget to buy some staves.

tl;dr: If it's possible, by even the worst hax possible, that you can get killed, leave.

I on the other hand, am doing very well with this so-called RNG. My Ross has 9-10 SPD (Lv.1 Pirate)

:o

<_<

Oh, look, Moulder got another crap level up.

76 Accuracy, 1% critical rate. Gilliam gets absolutely smashed and survives with 1 HP =/

1 HP. If he died from that...... I'd kill Nintendo.

Edited by VincentASM

Destiny Hero, try not to double post, especially when your last post was only made a couple of minutes ago.

Use Tower Of Valni, it's way better in my opinion and you even get gold and items.

The Tower of Valni is okay during the beginning of the game, but it gets a bit slow later and can sometimes drain your money (since the rewards are pretty crappy- whereas, in the arena, you're almost guaranteed to profit).

Plus you have to move around, instead of camping at a nice and safe place. Yeah, I'm lazy >___<

The arena gives much more interesting fights, with more EXP per non-boss fight, and no need to buy weapons for it. And it gives you gold. More risky though.

And you can only train one person at a time, which makes it longer. Still, enemies that have the potential to kick your butt is nice!

Destiny Hero, try not to double post, especially when your last post was only made a couple of minutes ago.

The Tower of Valni is okay during the beginning of the game, but it gets a bit slow later and can sometimes drain your money (since the rewards are pretty crappy- whereas, in the arena, you're almost guaranteed to profit).

Plus you have to move around, instead of camping at a nice and safe place. Yeah, I'm lazy >___<

You can't RNG abuse in the arena, though, as the arena eats up large chunks of RNGs to create the stats, class, etc. for the enemy, whereas in Valni you can map out the whole set of RNGs for the "default" map, and use that as a reference, to get guaranteed stats in certain areas on every level. Guaranteed and easy stats = no curses, only blessings >> arena = only specific chapters = long stretches without being able to save = more risky.

NB: Don't kill the pansy enemies. Burn the RNGs needed, kill the close up Boss type monster, get your level, retreat. Optionally, plunge in, win the spear/rune sword (I forget which), while getting you levels, then retreat.

Using this method, I remember easily having everyone cap (nearly) everything, without the need for stat boosters.

[if you choose to end your turn immediately, the greyed RNGs will be burned. Conveniently seperated in blocks of ten RNGs. Most useful segments will be red. Segment in fuschia deserves special mention.]

↑↓↓↓↓↑↑↑↓↓   ↓↑↓↑↓↓↑↑↓↑   ↑↑↓↑↓↑↓↓↑↑   ↓↑↑↑↑↑↓↑↓↓   ↑↓↓↑↓↓↓↑↓↑   ↑↓↓↓↓↑↑↓↓↓

↑↑↓↑↓↓↑↑↓↓   ↓↑↑↓↓↑↓↑↑↑   ↑↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↑↓   ↑↓↑↑↑↓↓↑↑↑   ↑↑↑↑↓↓↓↑↑↑   ↑↑↓↓↓↑↓↓↓↓

↑↑↓↑↓↑↑↑↑↑   ↑↑↑↓↓↑↑↑↓↑   ↑↓↑↓↓↑↓↓↓↓   ↓↑↑↑↑↑↓↓↓↓   ↑↑↑↑↓↓↑↑↑↓   ↑↓↓↓↓↓↓↑↑↑

↓↑↓↓↓↓↑↓↑↓   ↓↑↑↓↓↓↓↓↓↓   ↑↓↓↓↓↓↓↑↓↑   ↓↑↓↑↑↓↑↓↓↓   etc.

As for the segment in fuschia, not only are the low random numbers below 50% (as discernable by your generic RNG determination), but if my recollection is correct they are also quite low, such that they will allow people like Marissa to grow strength, Gilliam to grow speed, etc. Obviously, you can feel free to shift around the windows slightly to enhance the areas that need growth, or to deal with capping, etc. as you see fit.

If I'm bored and arena abusing, I just use Lute, who is IMO the best arena character ever. High speed, high accuracy, high damage. She'll double everyone and usually kill them in the first round. Her HP and Def are crap, but if you kill people before they can hit you it doesn't matter. Also, since her def is so low, she'll only fight against Iron weapons. One time I got Lute to 11 Def (with Dragonshield) as a level 20 Mage, and got a few steel weapons in the mix. But that was her being insanely blessed by the RNG (her Def growth is usually horrible).

And Destiny Hero: You can preview the enemy you are going to face. On the screen when you are talking to the arena attendant, he will show you the unit you are fighting against before you actually enter the arena. If the matchup does not favor your character, reset while STILL ON THAT SCREEN. When you return to the chapter, you will be back on the chapter map. Move that unit out of the arena, and another unit better suited to facing that particular enemy into the arena. As long as you don't burn any RNGs in between the enemy you face will still be the same.

You can preview the enemy you are going to face. On the screen when you are talking to the arena attendant, he will show you the unit you are fighting against before you actually enter the arena. If the matchup does not favor your character, reset while STILL ON THAT SCREEN. When you return to the chapter, you will be back on the chapter map. Move that unit out of the arena, and another unit better suited to facing that particular enemy into the arena. As long as you don't burn any RNGs in between the enemy you face will still be the same.

I wouldn't want to go through all those resets.

?_?

Umm... I have a great Moldy, and everyone else is cursed, so I think I'll go ahead and dump my Fun Run and start the Moulder Solo now.

Do it, I do solos all the time.

I did it with Eirika, Marisa, Colm, Rennac, Ismaire, Natasha ans Moulder.

?_?

Umm... I have a great Moldy, and everyone else is cursed, so I think I'll go ahead and dump my Fun Run and start the Moulder Solo now.

Were those questioning eyes directed at me? If something in my post was unclear I'd be more than willing to try to explain it better.

Whoa, that is pretty cool. Thanks.

No problem, it it can help you out, that's awesome. I guess I don't know for certain that every cart of FE8 has the same default Valni map with the same default sets of RNs (I don't see why they wouldn't, unless perhaps there's a difference between EU, NA, and JP carts... [Mine was NA, for the record]), but on my cart that method never never let down. Unless I got tired, and fuxled my RN counting, at which point all bets are off. :lol:

Were those questioning eyes directed at me? If something in my post was unclear I'd be more than willing to try to explain it better.

No problem, it it can help you out, that's awesome. I guess I don't know for certain that every cart of FE8 has the same default Valni map with the same default sets of RNs (I don't see why they wouldn't, unless perhaps there's a difference between EU, NA, and JP carts... [Mine was NA, for the record]), but on my cart that method never never let down. Unless I got tired, and fuxled my RN counting, at which point all bets are off. :lol:

Not by PM i guess.

Yes, explain it better please. ^_^

I think I sorta get it.

The arena gives much more interesting fights, with more EXP per non-boss fight, and no need to buy weapons for it. And it gives you gold. More risky though.