Fire Emblem Gaiden: Which difficulty?

Gaggle of Geese

Hello.

I'm thinking of trying Fire Emblem Gaiden. I was just playing it to kill time recently, and found myself enjoying it. I was originally playing it on normal difficulty, but I'm considering playing it on easy instead just to cut down on the grinding. If anyone has played this game before, how much grinding does it require? And how much "easier" does easy mode make the game?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Well I didn't grind much I believe when I played Gaiden, so I guess that no griding is required if you know what you are doing. The only chapters where I had some difficulty were the one against Rudolf and the Dragon Volcano, since I was a bit underleveled and only Alm, Zeke, Teeta, and Clea could do anything against those dragons.

I played the game once in normal, so I don't know how easy easy mode will be.

Edited by Bee

In Easy mode, you get double the exp. I've done it so I didn't have to grind all that much. But if you want to be OP on Easy Mode, then you need to grind a bit. Alm's route is definitely easier and you can just give Alm the Holy Bow and just have him solo the map in Rudolf's skirmish(he's the last fight in Part 4 btw).

I see. I think I'll just go with easy mode for now, especially since the growth rates in this game are balls.

In FE5 I decided to play on normal difficulty, but since there's grinding involved in this one, it feels like it's a different situation.

The growths may be balls, but that doesn't mean the characters are. I didn't grind, and I never had any trouble until late, late in the game, some part about Bow Knights rushing by a waterfall. And I had Alm stuck in the volcano, repeatedly, for about 6, 7, 8 battles (no deaths). Grinding is definitely something oversuggested by the fandom...

But yeah, if you're wanting to enjoy yourself, go for the easy mode. It's not like you're gonna get a radically worse experience because of it.

The growths may be balls, but that doesn't mean the characters are. I didn't grind, and I never had any trouble until late, late in the game, some part about Bow Knights rushing by a waterfall. And I had Alm stuck in the volcano, repeatedly, for about 6, 7, 8 battles (no deaths). Grinding is definitely something oversuggested by the fandom...

But yeah, if you're wanting to enjoy yourself, go for the easy mode. It's not like you're gonna get a radically worse experience because of it.

I don't know...without grinding, I have had so far mild issues with a few parts of the game, like C1 with that archer with the steel bow and the OMFGTHATMERC level, C2 with one of the pirate ships and the SeaShrine, and C3 with the 3 paladin level and the Gargoyle Cave.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between Normal and Easy mode is EXP gain and item transfers between Alm and Cellica's party. So besides the item transferring, there's nothing that makes Easy mode that much easier than Normal mode, so don't feel like you're missing out on the real FE Gaiden experience, and even without the increased EXP gain in Easy Mode, the grinding will be quite tedious no matter which mode you pick. Also, there aren't really any good grinding spots in Alm's route, which is a shame seeing how the Final Chapter revolves mostly around his team.

You actually don't have to grind much with this difficulty setting since the EXP gains are actually fair.