Spear wielding Kid

His bases looks atrociously bad from the scans :/

I hope he's an early-enough joiner that bad bases won't hurt him too much though. He actually looks like an interesting character, but if he's gonna be an ass to train, I ain't a masochist.

He can apparently join before Ch2, and appears to start around LV5. Chances are, it'll be like FE8, where he can just level up a bit more to reach LV10 and promote. And once he promotes, I think it's a safe bet that his problems will be over. A Villager --> Cavalier promotion, for example, would give +6 Str, +5 Skl, +6 Spd, and +7 Def, as well as likely some amount of HP. Now, I don't know what options he'll actually turn out to have, but I think that serves as a good example.

As we know, he does seem to possess some unarmored, unmounted lance class a tier or two above Villager, so it seems his promotions will include Mercenary and Soldier, and perhaps Mage for the third option. Makes sense that he'd have that kind of variety, to have access to the six weapon types. Although that would be kind of a lot of mages if he goes that route.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Also gives him more of a purpose if he can choose his class from three vastly different options in the first few chapters, while with all the difficulty with Change Proofs, other characters will have to wait until much later.

Do you think Hero is a regular alternate promotion for Donny or available through change proofs?

The only cases I can think of units losing weapons upon promotion are Villagers in Gaiden and Pupil to Shaman.

well donny is a villager and it's pretty logical to assume that the class is like in gaiden or at the very least a trainee so i would say that mercenary could be one of his first tier promotion along with knight/soldier and cavalier or maybe even mage.

EDIT: also looking at how reclass works in this game if donny gets to choose his first tier class the options will be the classes that fit his character

Edited by Velth

Do you think Hero is a regular alternate promotion for Donny or available through change proofs?

The only cases I can think of units losing weapons upon promotion are Villagers in Gaiden and Pupil to Shaman.

I'm guessing Donny will be able to promote directly into all three of his Tier 1 class options from Villager, and therefore be able to access any of his classes without needing a Change Proof. He is a Villager, still, so it makes sense that he'd lose his initial weapon for some promotions just like the original FE2 Villagers. Pupil is similarly another Tier 0 class.

Also, in FE13, within the Tomes weapon type, Dark magic is a subcategory available only to Dark Mages and Sorcerers. So if a Dark Mage promotes to Dark Knight, they lose access to the subcategory, providing an example of potential weapon loss even within this game.

Generics don't have unique faces or dialogue. That's what makes them generic. Donny has both. He is no generic. He has a face, a name, a unique class, a level up, lines of dialogue, voice acting, and a recruitment scenario in the first Gaiden map. There is nothing remotely generic about him, and no reason to so much as consider the absurd possibility.

Generics will not return, here or ever. They were used exclusively in FE11 to keep players able to complete the game if they weren't good enough to win without losing units. FE12 replaced them with the Casual Mode option, serving the same purpose but doing it far better. FE13 still has Casual Mode, and there is no purpose for generics while Casual Mode is available.

The pot is generic.

I really need to look at the info more often.

Donny is obviously not a generic, I think the voice acting killed it, and the Casual Mode.

Is BEXP making a return, or the lv. 21 promotions? If not, this guy is going to be a master seal/crown monster, with 3rd tiers coming back.

There is no indication of BExp or a LV21 promotion.

The regular class system still has just two tiers. However, Donny has a Tier 0 starting class (seemingly the only one), and other characters can "promote" sideways to a set of two other base classes with a Change Seal. Change Seals appear to be limited like Master Seals, but they reset level upon use, allowing for potentially unlimited leveling in postgame, when they will presumably become available in unlimited quantities.

You're probably thinking of Dual Tag. Frederick's the third opponent in a chain of three.

EDIT

I just noticed Frederick's a General there. I guess that means he can use a Change Seal to become a Knight?

Edited by VincentASM

You're probably thinking of Dual Tag. Frederick's the third opponent in a chain of three.

EDIT

I just noticed Frederick's a General there. I guess that means he can use a Change Seal to become a Knight?

Unless there's another class that goes to General, probably. Though it makes me I wonder whether Frederick has both Cavalier and Knight as 1st tier classes or just Knight(along with the other 2 options).

Edited by arvilino

It seems to me that for the purposes of Change Proofs, characters have three base classes available. For pre-promotes, one of their base classes is whatever they're assumed to have promoted from. For some of them, there's no question about it: Sairi, as a Swordmaster, has to have Myrmidon as one of her base classes, and Rivera, appearing to be a pre-promoted Battle Monk, similarly must have Priest for his base option. For Frederick and any others with classes that two or more could access, though, it's a bit more complicated. So Frederick could have either Knight or Cavalier as one of his base classes, or both. But this does seem to confirm Knight as the base class associated with his starting class of Great Knight, unless he has access to both of them.

So the classes trailers was just

and no soldier in sight. Looks like they're enemy only.

Nuts, looks like Donny will just have basic options like Cavalier and Super Trainee for his promotion choices.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Generics will not return, here or ever. They were used exclusively in FE11 to keep players able to complete the game if they weren't good enough to win without losing units. FE12 replaced them with the Casual Mode option, serving the same purpose but doing it far better. FE13 still has Casual Mode, and there is no purpose for generics while Casual Mode is available.

If you search through the FE12 pages you will see Generic Officer generic play through.