Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some progress on Maris:

maris_wip3.png

Shortened the neck as Seph suggested, and added the left side of her hair and a vest. I also reduced the poofiness of her head a bit.

I'm really not sure about that left-side hair. Maybe it's just because I added it last and got used to looking at her without hair there, but I feel it might be too much/might make her look too young. (She's supposed to be late twenties, early thirties.)

Oh well... one step closer to completion. At least I feel more confident about trim now!

Edited by Astelaine

Her hair looks amazing! Perhaps making it a bit fuller on the left side? It still does look slightly off balance but other than that it looks great!

Thanks, Florina! I took your suggestion and fixed the hair, and also mucked with the face to mature her a bit. The result:

maris_wip3.png -> maris_wip4.png

Much closer to how I intended the character to look.

FGSFDS

OnO

WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD?! D8

Geezus. Astel that's so fucking beautiful.

The only thing I can see that could be a problem is this part of the forehead:

0035bf8b47ad86a015839fc4050ce16f.png

Otherwise, my god, I think you've got a ridiculously sexy mug there @~@

Thanks, Florina! I took your suggestion and fixed the hair, and also mucked with the face to mature her a bit. The result:

maris_wip3.png -> maris_wip4.png

Much closer to how I intended the character to look.

Hell yeah! That looks loads better!

Thanks, Boney. :) I much prefer the softness of the FE7 colors. Some colors in the FE8 mugs are just too saturated and crazy. Amelia is really good with them, though!

Sheeted:

maris_sheet3.png

In addition to adding the frames and minimug, I lightened her irises, extended the jawline to the hair, and fixed up the forehead. Seph, did that correct the hairline wonkiness?

Edited by Astelaine

Woo, glad the fixes worked. As much as I love that mug, it's good to be done with it!

Oh, and since Arch already revealed him in an Elibian Nights teaser shot, here's Yorick, Marquess of Tuscana. He's a sub-boss in the newest tale.

tuscana_sheet2.png

The body is spliced, the head/hair are custom. Now go play the hack! :)

Edited by Astelaine

I much prefer the softness of the FE7 colors. Some colors in the FE8 mugs are just too saturated and crazy. Amelia is really good with them, though!

Indeed. Ive found out that FE6/7 colors are more versatile and just look better in general. I actually made a sprite using sepia tones and only FE8 had them though. It actually took many tries to get it right. (maybe ill post the sprite. Maybe i wont. havent decided.)

Marquess dude looks pretty fantastic. I need a hair tutorial. In fact...i think i might pm you...

Thanks, Boney. :) I much prefer the softness of the FE7 colors. Some colors in the FE8 mugs are just too saturated and crazy. Amelia is really good with them, though!

Sheeted:

maris_sheet3.png

In addition to adding the frames and minimug, I lightened her irises, extended the jawline to the hair, and fixed up the forehead. Seph, did that correct the hairline wonkiness?

I absolutely adore how you did the clothes. <3

It looks double-breasted.

Woo, glad the fixes worked. As much as I love that mug, it's good to be done with it!

Oh, and since Arch already revealed him in an Elibian Nights teaser shot, here's Yorick, Marquess of Tuscana. He's a sub-boss in the newest tale.

tuscana_sheet2.png

The body is spliced, the head/hair are custom. Now go play the hack! :)

MUTTONCHOPS!!!!! Such a funny facial hair style. It really suits him, though! Very nice. :)

• 1 month later...

Poor thread, how I have neglected you! But don't worry. It's time for updates. wub.gif

So, other than Serenes Emblem stuff that I really don't want to show until the first release, here's what I've been working on.

How to Grow a Peg Knight:

nivale_draft.png ->nivale_wip.png -> nivale_wip2.png -> nivale_entry3.png

Man, it started off laughably bad. I need to be more meticulous with my line art. It would probably save me a load of time. But at least I got something presentable out of it in time for the customing contest. I'll probably add in a breastplate or chest trim before I do the frames.

Edited by Astelaine

Haha, thanks! And true enough. :) Not to mention that this forced me to do trim, the most adjsfjjfjff thing in the universe.

I guess the secret to spriting - if there is such a thing - is editing the fack out of something until you run out of spots that piss you off. laugh.gif

I dunno, your trim looks good to me! :)

Also, Pegsheet!

nivale_sheet2.png

Got rid of the half-assed tiara, added the chain/cord thing between the buttons. I'm not sure the regular (non-smiling) talking frames have enough attitude for this character, I might have to make another set.

Done for now, though. Woo!

• 3 months later...

*necros sprite thread*

So I haven't sprited in a long time. Though I did make a female thief battle sprite.

f_thief_frames.png

It's just Legault's hair on Leila's body. Now if I only knew how to get it into a hack. I have a horrible suspicion that I'd have to script a whole new animation...

I have a new WIP mug too, but there's not much to show yet.

• 3 weeks later...

if the frames stay within the TSA/OAM of the original battle sprite sheets, you can just replace them. Dunno if they do, though.

It doesn't look like it. Not enough space. The TSA is also so wonky that I don't want to mess with it. Weird thing though - it seems Matthew and Legault share the same sheet (at least, that's how it looks in FEditor), and Leg's hair is just mapped over Matthew's body somehow. Interesting.

Also, my work in progress is farther along. It's a shaman!

teharam_wip.png

There's still a lot to fix/finish, but there you have it.

.... ._.

Here you are gone for ages and here you come back, bringing masterpieces like this with you. You amaze me.

My only complaint would be that the face and hair seems a little flat and boring (shading-wise). But seeing as it's a WIP, you were probably planning to fix that anyway.

also please come back on skype, we miss you