The Sword of Seals - Plus

Superluigi

Who cares if you're scared?

If you thought he was being genuinely serious, you aren't worth wasting time arguing with. Good day.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game isn't beatable with 0% growths, you aren't beating the last boss with level 1 Roy stats.

And you need to cut the rudeness, no one asked for you snarky remark since that has nothing to do with you.

The game isn't beatable with 0% growths, you aren't beating the last boss with level 1 Roy stats.

And you need to cut the rudeness, no one asked for you snarky remark since that has nothing to do with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrjZX8yBKos&feature=plcp

gg

Dondon beat HHM with 0% growths.

...dondon has beaten FE6 with 0% growths. its possible. Sos is pretty strong.

Yeah, and wasn't it also on an emulator with loads of RNG abuse?

That's like saying you can write a thesis without using the word 'the'. Is it possible? Sure! Relevant? Not in the slightest!

I'm not taking sides, nor do I really care that much tbh, but bringing up obscure examples to prove a general point isn't helping your cause.

Edited by Randombobman

Yeah, and wasn't it also on an emulator with loads of RNG abuse?

He had to hit (all displayed, so actually much higher)

One 81 (he actually MISSED one of them, but doubled)

One 78

Two 64s

And not get crit by ~10s. That's not RNG abuse, that's, like, average luck. You can beat Idoun with base Roy. Done. Proven.

Edited by Furetchen

Yeah, and wasn't it also on an emulator

you don't play FE6 on an emulator?

with loads of RNG abuse?

i didn't do a single path retrace unless it was to kill a boss in FE6 HM, and FE7 HHM 0% growths is absent of path retracing altogether

I'm not taking sides, nor do I really care that much tbh,

too late for that, dude, you delineated your intentions pretty clearly there

(also we are, like, really far off topic here)

Edited by dondon151

how is doing it on an emulator relevant at all

that's like saying it's not legit to play a GBA game on a DS

Because there are save states on an emulator, which aren't available on the cart. If Nintendo intended you to be able to save multiple times in each chapter, they could have implemented it IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

And I wasn't arguing that 0% growths wasn't doable, you all seem to have incorrectly inferred that.

But that's beside the point, none of that has any application to this game. The TC is going to adjust characters how he sees fit and all this arguing isn't doing anyone any good.

On topic, I'm looking forward to the first/public release of this. It's always nice to get a hack that ceners around FE6/7 canon while adding new goodies :D:

Because there are save states on an emulator, which aren't available on the cart. If Nintendo intended you to be able to save multiple times in each chapter, they could have implemented it IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

Which they did on platforms with more power, like the FEDSes and I think FE10 had something like that. So, no, the concept isn't anathema to FE.

Which they did on platforms with more power, like the FEDSes and I think FE10 had something like that. So, no, the concept isn't anathema to FE.

:facepalm:

And I never said it was either, I said it wasn't available. Whatever, I give up, it's not worth my sanity.

Get back on topic guys~

Superluigi didn't come back and make this thread to have it filled with pointless arguments of whether or not you can beat FE6 with 0% growths.

But supports are there to be gotten, you know. It's really irritating the amount of time you have to put in on the GBA FEs to unlock them legitimately.

After 8 playthroughs, I 100%'d the entire support library in FE8. At one week per playthrough, it's not too long I guess.

FE7, on the other hand, is gonna take longer with the mutually exclusive characters and the multitude of 80-turn supports and stuff.

Alright :P I'm mostly just curious about some of the class changes and stuff, I don't want to ruin all the new stuff or anything :O

The majority of playable characters will not have their classes changed, there is potentially one or two little changes planned, but I'm not sure I want to go ahead with them ATM.

There are quite a few bosses that'll have their classes changed, so that there is more variety than just Bishops and Generals.

oh furet ninja'd me but

baseroyidoun.png

oops i did it again (this time in japanese because it's cooler that way)

Idoun is going to receive a pretty big buff, the final two-part chapter of FE6 was a pretty big disappointment in terms of challenge.

Will there be heavier mightier tomes for Hugh to take advantage of with his awesome Con? 8]

Most tomes will use their FE7 weights, except for long-range magic and maybe Flux as well, just for Sophia's sake ;)

Edited by Superluigi

Fine, I'll ignore those jerks that know nothing than.

lol you clearly don't know who you're talking to

superluigi, i know that bad units exist in the game for a reason and such, but seriously consider changing some of them to be not completely terrible (like wolt 3HKOing fighters in NM chapter 1)

lol you clearly don't know who you're talking to

superluigi, i know that bad units exist in the game for a reason and such, but seriously consider changing some of them to be not completely terrible (like wolt 3HKOing fighters in NM chapter 1)

Also the infamous Sophia and Wendy.

Ignoring all the waffle above, I'm looking forward to this. Should we expect the beautiful FE6 style reinforcements. There's nothing quite like defeating Gel but having to restart when a random Myrm appears to mob Sue.

I eagerly await the return of said cruelty. Long live Sacae!

Wolt is an archer and thus has a range advantage during much of the early game, hell half the bosses don't even carry ranged weapons. I've given Wolt +1 base speed ATM, so that should help him a bit.

Sophia's starting level has been increased and thus her bases have been increased to match as well. I don't really like messing with the weaker units too much, since half the challenge, of the chapters they are first introduced, is protecting them.

[spoiler=Kinda spoiler]

Wendy may or may not be a cavalier any more; I'm still on the fence about that change.

Oh and I've got a modified mug for her, in case I keep it that way.

Ignoring all the waffle above, I'm looking forward to this. Should we expect the beautiful FE6 style reinforcements. There's nothing quite like defeating Gel but having to restart when a random Myrm appears to mob Sue.

I eagerly await the return of said cruelty. Long live Sacae!

Oh, surprise reinforcements will still be there gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

You'll get a bit more warning, but they'll still make a glorious return to keep you all on edge.

Edited by Superluigi

Wolt is an archer and thus has a range advantage during much of the early game, hell half the bosses don't even carry ranged weapons. I've given Wolt +1 base speed ATM, so that should help him a bit.

I don't really feel like arguing about this very adamantly and pretty much everyone else is going to back me up on this but...

Wolt's problems are not fixed by going from 5 -> 6 base spd.

Every boss in generic FE6 carried a range weapon except for the chapter 1 boss. Wolt didn't do well against them even if you did the horribly inefficient strategy of chipping at 2 range and rescuing him out because he could hardly damage their augmented def and they would heal back the damage on enemy phase anyway. The armor knight bosses (chapters 2, 3, 7) completely neutered Wolt because he cannot even scratch them.

And just think for a second about Wolt's performance against generic enemies. Wolt has 10 base atk. That does not 2HKO L1 fighters with 20-21 HP, 2 def. In comparison, Lance has 10 +1 base atk with an Iron Sword and doubles these fighters, while Allen has 12 +1 base atk with an Iron Sword and does not double. Both of these guys 2RKO and can face multiple enemies per turn due to having a productive enemy phase, better defensive parameters, and appreciable avo from WTA. The saddest thing about Wolt is that he cannot even combine for a 2HKO against fighters with any of Allen, Lance, Bors, or Roy, thereby making him virtually useless (but Allen, Lance, and Bors can combine with each other for 2HKOs).

Please consider doing at least some cursory research into what players think about the currently existing state of FE6 units, and also please consider re-evaluating your design intentions. Sure, part of the challenge of Sophia being terrible in chapter 14 is because she's forced and you can't let her die (if you want the good ending). But what about the 15 chapters after that, where she is hardly usable? And for any half-competent player, keeping Sophia alive in chapter 14 is no challenge anyway because she has superior mobility compared to more than half of your available units and can very easily just hang around in the middle of a pack.

Edited by dondon151