My version of FE8

SirSerenes

ok i want you to take everything i say into consideration here.first off, you didn't need to buff the playable characters, most of them were good enough. some needed higher bases ( like most of the prepromotes [ duessel and dozla specifically ] and maybe marisa ) but no growth changes. every unit having over 100% hp growth totally breaks mages. their only weakness was their fragility. if you want a tip, hp growth should look something like this.mages 70ish%, sword users and peg.knights 70-80ish%, lancers 90%, axers 100%. that way hp will be more balanced. you should rebalance the other stats as well. second creature campaign units. i really hope they don't come with max stats, if they do, please rebalance them. third, taking out branching promotions is a bad idea. people like variety. if you wanna make hayden and selena more special, just give selena light or dark magic, and hayden is your only ranger so he's special enough.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for double post, ran out of room. fourth, making divine weapons and dragonstone infinite cheapens the gameplay. you can just spam through the rest the game. instead how about making 50 uses and you can just use the hammerne staff. that way, you'll be more careful with your uber weapons.fifth, the some of the unique skills you gave the weapons are super imbalanced. mainly ivaldi and excalibur. for excalibur, it should be alot heavier and a tiny bit weaker so it won't be overpowered. and for ivaldi, make it's MT and crit 0. that way it won't oneshot bosses. that's basically it. once you adress these issues this will become a much greater hack. it also wouldn't hurt to find a way to lock tower of valni until after chapter 16.

its far easier than vanilla i must say even without seth becuase everyone is godly and all the enemies plink i mean most units have at least a 35% def growth(i used nightmare to check) which is 5% less than gilliam in vanilla and everyone is ridiculously overpowered how much did you boost the enemies? out curiosity

but it is fun the halberdier was a nice touch and removing branching promotions was in my opinion a poor choice but it is not as bad as what a user named fragmaster did which was add 3rd teirs to fe8

Well, I have never heard of fragmaster's hack but adding 3rd tier to FE8 seems to be a good idea as long as it's well done of course :). I thought about it once but I dropped this idea because I realised that I wasn't able to do it correctly. By the way is it really so easy? I knew it would be hard to balance difficulty level but the start of the game has always be an easy taskmellow.gif.

As I said before each ennemy promoted class has +20 HP and +5 in each other stat excepted for some bosses.

ok i want you to take everything i say into consideration here.first off, you didn't need to buff the playable characters, most of them were good enough. some needed higher bases ( like most of the prepromotes [ duessel and dozla specifically ] and maybe marisa ) but no growth changes. every unit having over 100% hp growth totally breaks mages. their only weakness was their fragility. if you want a tip, hp growth should look something like this.mages 70ish%, sword users and peg.knights 70-80ish%, lancers 90%, axers 100%. that way hp will be more balanced. you should rebalance the other stats as well. second creature campaign units. i really hope they don't come with max stats, if they do, please rebalance them. third, taking out branching promotions is a bad idea. people like variety. if you wanna make hayden and selena more special, just give selena light or dark magic, and hayden is your only ranger so he's special enough.

That's true that FE8 character was good enough, should I really drop the idea of raising growths? Your idea about base stats seems relevant to me, I will think about it. About HP, I agree with you I think I really overdid it because I was frustrated that they never reached 60. I really have to change that.mellow.gif

No creature campagn units don't come with max stats but they have greater growths than before.

Hayden is not the only ranger, Gerik can become one and Neimi too.

sorry for double post, ran out of room. fourth, making divine weapons and dragonstone infinite cheapens the gameplay. you can just spam through the rest the game. instead how about making 50 uses and you can just use the hammerne staff. that way, you'll be more careful with your uber weapons.fifth, the some of the unique skills you gave the weapons are super imbalanced. mainly ivaldi and excalibur. for excalibur, it should be alot heavier and a tiny bit weaker so it won't be overpowered. and for ivaldi, make it's MT and crit 0. that way it won't oneshot bosses. that's basically it. once you adress these issues this will become a much greater hack. it also wouldn't hurt to find a way to lock tower of valni until after chapter 16.

Sorry but I don't get it, what's the point of making divine weapon breakable if you just have to buy a hammerne and repair it? Besides it can't repair dragonstone and without dragonstone there is no Myrrh excepted if you use glitches. Should I make monster weapons accessible? I really think she is fine with her dragonstone.mellow.gif

Well, be relieved Ivaldi doesn't oneshot bosses yet but I agree with you I should change something on this side.

However, why do you want to lock Tower of Valni until after chapter 16? That's precisely when I stop using it. At some point in the game you will need a lot of promoted unit if you want to beat the boss (Vigarde, Caellach and so on) and I don't want that some random player get stuck at some point because he misjudged the game difficulty.smile.gif

well the reason its easy is everyone has awesome growths so after a few levels where they average 4 or 5 stats they become really good and then break the game i mean my eirika might just cap str teir 1 what you did removes the balance of classes, now that all units cap str/mag, skl, spd, and quite possibly def and res the enemy is just too weak and cant take you down even if they tried though i am not that far yet and havent fought the uber bosses or seen any promoted enemies so well see,

the issue with third teirs is that fe8 is too short for them they worked in fe10 because it was long also 3rd tiers were unnecessary to beat the game so they were only there for the sake of being there they served no purpose.

You are right, I brought everyone's stats back to normal, excepted for creature campaign unit (new patch on first page).

Well what is exactly 3rd tier for you? Don't you consider recruit/pupil/journeyman system as a 3 tier system?

Edited by SirSerenes

the point of breakable ultimate weapons is for you to take caution when you use them. if they're unbreakable, you'll never take them off period. think of it this way. whenever you encounter a problem ( a boss or strong of enemies etc. ) first think you'll think is, " oh i'll just use ( insert ultimate weapon name ). sounds easy right? when they're breakable, you'll try to conserve your uses for important enemies, like morva and lyon. the point is to make hammerne buyable in CC. that way it balances the story a bit more while still having " infinite weapons ". oh and i forgot hammerne don't work on dragonstones. just make it buyable in CC. also consider making both items expensive. me wanting to lock tower of valni until after chapter 16 was because having unlimited access to a map this early with the weakest enemies in the game in it is bad imo. chapter 16 gives you time to actually use your characters. that and the stat buff to enemies ( you did that right? ), will go a long way towards making this game hard

I see so you don't want to make divine weapon unbreakable in story mode in order to prevent the player from using them systematically. That's a good idea, I think I will do that.

However I am very reluctant to make dragonstone buyable since it's said by Lyon that there are only two in the world.

I get it ^^ You want to supress the tower of Valni for the same reason I want to keep it ^^ I think that's important to have a place to train your characters at any moment in the game, for example training Ewan only with chapter maps is really a tricky task since he is weak when we hire him. Anyway, I don't know how I could do it, surely with event hacking and I no longer have time for this for now.

Also I don't plan on making this game insanely hard, I just don't want it to be even easier than the original game :)

I get it ^^ You want to supress the tower of Valni for the same reason I want to keep it ^^ I think that's important to have a place to train your characters at any moment in the game,

You could probably set Tower enemies to give no experience in the Chapter Data Editor.

you realize this doesn't exactly make any sense given what he just posted right?

"Anyway, I don't know how I could do it, surely with event hacking and I no longer have time for this for now."

forgive me for trying to EDUCATE him

nigga what

he's saying he wants to keep the tower to train units in

and you said to make them give no exp

no exp =/= training

how are you educating anyone

nigga what

no exp =/= training

I kind of agree with this.

What Anouleth suggests defeats the purpose of the OP's intent.

How can you train and build units with no EXP gained?

I think Analouth was just trying to point out a way that he could limit ToV without messing with event editor, bus seeing as how TC wants training possible, he probably won't do this.

I'm actually in favor of the class lock. Call me traditional, but something about having everyone become a specific class, I just like. This isn't to say I don't like lots of classes. I would hope Great Knight, Nomad Trooper/Ranger, Mage Knight, Summoner and Wyvern Knight.

Trying to balance 'unique' characters with having at least one of every class, I'd do this

Seth: Knight Lord

Orson: Paladin

Duessel: Great Knight

Franz: Cavalier -> Paladin

Kyle: Cavalier ~> Great Knight

Forde: Cavalier -> Paladin

Gilliam: Knight -> General

Fado: King

Vigarde: King

Caellach: Great Armor

Amelia: Recruit -> Soldier -> Halberdier

Garcia: Fighter -> Warrior

Ross: Journey -> Pirate -> Berserker

Dozla: Berserker

Rennac: Rogue

Colm: Thief -> Assassin

Gerik: Mercenary -> Hero

Joshua: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Marissa: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Ismaire: Blade Queen

Hayden: Ranger

Neimi: Archer -> Sniper

Innes: Ranger

Tana: Wyvern Rider ~> Wyvern Knight

Cormag: Wybern Rider -> Wyvern Lord

Vanessa: Pegasus Rider -> Falco Knight

Syrene: Falco Knight

Glen: Wyvern Lord

Valter: Wyvern Knight

Lute: Mage -> Sage

Selena: Mage Knight

Selah: Sage

Ewan: Pupil -> Mage -> Sage

Mansel: Archsage

L'Arachel: Troubadour -> Valkyrie

Moulder: Cleric -> Bishop

Artur: Monk -> Bishop

Natasha: Shaman -> Druid

Knoll: Shaman ~> Summoner

Riev: Dark Druid

Lyon: Necromancer

The major/controversial changes would be Natasha, Seth, Tana and Innes.

Innes: Nobody really likes Snipers especially in comparison to the Ranger. Innes makes several comments about being untouchable by the enemy and having the speed and range of a Ranger would make a ton of sense, and would give incentive you use over Neimi.

Seth: He's totally OP, to begin with, and overly redundant with Forde, Franz, Orson etc., why not distinguish him with Eliwood's class? If you're using both Hector and Lyn's classes, might as well round it out.

Tana: She's almost always better off as a Wyvern knight to begin with and female Wyvern Rider is cooler than having three(!) pegasus

Natasha: Ok, this one I thought to help balance the Dark/Light users. If you lock Ewan into anima (which makes sense) that leaves you with just Knoll as your sole dark magic user until end game. And having Natasha as a third Bishop just seems like a waste, why not make here a female shaman/druid? And it would fill the spot left by making Knoll a Summoner.

Edited by Randombobman

^^yeah I agree if anyone disagrees with you about what class someone should end up as then fuck their opinion, I'm glad to hear you like mage knight since i wouldn't have guessed it given that you removed every mage knight except selena

nigga what

no exp =/= training

he said he didn't know how to implement the suggestion

now he does

even if he doesn't do it, he has been educated

Edited by Anouleth

You want to supress the tower of Valni for the same reason I want to keep it...Anyway, I don't know how I could do it, surely with event hacking and I no longer have time for this for now.

suggestion of what

anouleth are you even reading what you're posting

he never said "hmm i wonder how i can make the tower seem pointless"

He clearly stated he had no idea how he would block Tower of Valni, so Anouleth was throwing him ideas on how this could be accomplished. Try reading the entire conversation next time instead of blindly starting arguments with people.

He clearly stated he had no idea how he would block Tower of Valni, so Anouleth was throwing him ideas on how this could be accomplished. Try reading the entire conversation next time instead of blindly starting arguments with people.

I see so you don't want to make divine weapon unbreakable in story mode in order to prevent the player from using them systematically. That's a good idea, I think I will do that.

However I am very reluctant to make dragonstone buyable since it's said by Lyon that there are only two in the world.

I get it ^^ You want to supress the tower of Valni for the same reason I want to keep it ^^ I think that's important to have a place to train your characters at any moment in the game, for example training Ewan only with chapter maps is really a tricky task since he is weak when we hire him. Anyway, I don't know how I could do it, surely with event hacking and I no longer have time for this for now.

Also I don't plan on making this game insanely hard, I just don't want it to be even easier than the original game :)

Sir are you retarded? Tell me where he said he wanted to remove it.

Edited by Kitty of Time

i don't want it to be useless, just less useful. by unlocking TOV by chapter 16, it makes the earlier chapters less of a joke. i picked chapter 16 specifically for 3 reasons.

1. key plot development takes place. chapter 16 is the point where the difficulty should spike up given the things that occured. 2. you get your second lord and odds are, s/he and his/her group will likely end up being weaker than your main group. 3. immediately after this chapter your lords premote. and while you could delay their promotion, now would be a good time to get your units in tip top shape because, as stated above, now is the time that the enemy's strength should increase considerably.

not like it matters anymore though because he wants TOV to stay. i just wanted to make myself clear.

I SPECIFICALLY said that he DIDN'T KNOW HOW he would go about accomplishing this, not that he stated he INTENDED to. GOML beeyotch.

Edited by Randombobman

Well, call me retarded if you want but I think you should read his last sentence and definitely be more respectful. That's true that I didn't say that I wanted to know how to remove the tower of Valni but it doesn't hurt to know how to do, don't you think ? If my sentences are not clear enough, I apologize but as I said in my first post, just tell me.

I think Analouth was just trying to point out a way that he could limit ToV without messing with event editor, bus seeing as how TC wants training possible, he probably won't do this.

I'm actually in favor of the class lock. Call me traditional, but something about having everyone become a specific class, I just like. This isn't to say I don't like lots of classes. I would hope Great Knight, Nomad Trooper/Ranger, Mage Knight, Summoner and Wyvern Knight.

Trying to balance 'unique' characters with having at least one of every class, I'd do this

Seth: Knight Lord

Orson: Paladin

Duessel: Great Knight

Franz: Cavalier -> Paladin

Kyle: Cavalier ~> Great Knight

Forde: Cavalier -> Paladin

Gilliam: Knight -> General

Fado: King

Vigarde: King

Caellach: Great Armor

Amelia: Recruit -> Soldier -> Halberdier

Garcia: Fighter -> Warrior

Ross: Journey -> Pirate -> Berserker

Dozla: Berserker

Rennac: Rogue

Colm: Thief -> Assassin

Gerik: Mercenary -> Hero

Joshua: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Marissa: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Ismaire: Blade Queen

Hayden: Ranger

Neimi: Archer -> Sniper

Innes: Ranger

Tana: Wyvern Rider ~> Wyvern Knight

Cormag: Wybern Rider -> Wyvern Lord

Vanessa: Pegasus Rider -> Falco Knight

Syrene: Falco Knight

Glen: Wyvern Lord

Valter: Wyvern Knight

Lute: Mage -> Sage

Selena: Mage Knight

Selah: Sage

Ewan: Pupil -> Mage -> Sage

Mansel: Archsage

L'Arachel: Troubadour -> Valkyrie

Moulder: Cleric -> Bishop

Artur: Monk -> Bishop

Natasha: Shaman -> Druid

Knoll: Shaman ~> Summoner

Riev: Dark Druid

Lyon: Necromancer

The major/controversial changes would be Natasha, Seth, Tana and Innes.

Innes: Nobody really likes Snipers especially in comparison to the Ranger. Innes makes several comments about being untouchable by the enemy and having the speed and range of a Ranger would make a ton of sense, and would give incentive you use over Neimi.

Seth: He's totally OP, to begin with, and overly redundant with Forde, Franz, Orson etc., why not distinguish him with Eliwood's class? If you're using both Hector and Lyn's classes, might as well round it out.

Tana: She's almost always better off as a Wyvern knight to begin with and female Wyvern Rider is cooler than having three(!) pegasus

Natasha: Ok, this one I thought to help balance the Dark/Light users. If you lock Ewan into anima (which makes sense) that leaves you with just Knoll as your sole dark magic user until end game. And having Natasha as a third Bishop just seems like a waste, why not make here a female shaman/druid? And it would fill the spot left by making Knoll a Summoner.

I agree with you for most of the characters excepter for Tana, there are always three pegasus in the GBA FEs so that doesn't shock me plus I think Fanfaire has a good point:

The issue I have with Wyverns for the girls is that their supports tend to mention the Pegasi a lot. Just a minor thing that can be ignored.

It's important to me to fit with the story even if there is a possibility to promote Tana in wyvern knight in the original game itself.

About Innes becoming a ranger, I think that is not a bad idea: the ranger class stays in the frelian royal family. I admit that I like it.

Also, I would like to have more dark magic user since I like it too (I always promote Ewan to the dark magic path, even if that doesn't fit with him), so I agree with you, why not Natasha?

Well, about Eliwood class, I think it looks like Ephraim/Eirika classes too much so what first comes to my mind is : Fado? Although I like him in the King class, Eliwood's one would be good for him too (provided that we give a beard and a different haircut to the animation) and that would link him with his children.

Using Suikoden V music shows good taste to me(its one of my favorite games.)

I'm pretty fond of "A Sad Wish" and "Move Out." "The Queen's Knights" and "Despair and Hope" are also pretty nice.

I'm glad you mention it since I'm a big fan of Suikoden biggrin.gif

There are so many beautiful musics and also such a wonderful story so I am still wondering, why are the Suikoden games so neglected?huh.gif

I am still waiting for a true Suikoden VI smile.gif

Edited by SirSerenes