Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (U)

Arch

I think Duke is a bad name choice, simply because he could be called "Lord Duke" or "Sir Duke", where Duke sounds like a title and not a name, making him seem like a double titled individual instead of a person with a name. Deke/Rutger is the preferred translation, in my opinion, because the names make more sense.

But Guy was a good name? lmao

Besides, I really don't see an issue in Sir Duke(Lord Duke would never be used in FE6).

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Anything/Rutger over Anything/Rutoga. What kind of name is Rutoga? It's awful!

I actually really like Duke as a name. I don't see anything wrong with it anyway.

I personally don't care about when Roy promotes. I think that force promoting him is better because he's the only lord in his game, and so it makes it a bigger event. Making him not force promote takes away from it just being him I guess. *cough*makelilinaalord*cough*

Oh, and I'll defs be playing this. When I saw the title, I was like, oh cool. Then I noticed it was you Arch and I got super exicted. I know this will be quality. :)

Edited by Bryan

do1BzbU.png

So now I just need to hear back from the guy who edited the graphics whether I actually have permission to use his thing.

Oh, and I'll defs be playing this. When I saw the title, I was like, oh cool. Then I noticed it was you Arch and I got super exicted. I know this will be quality. :)

Glad to hear it. I certainly hope I live up to that; quality is the goal, after all! Edited by Stallinbald

Well, doesn't that look fancy. Now I should be able to give something decent to play and enjoy whenever a FE13-newcomer to the series asks me about "how to play Roy's game".

As for the polls... western release means proper western localization => Duke/Rutger.

Ambush spawns for Hard mode, sure. The game is rude enough as it is.

And to keep with FE5 and 7 logic, I'd say go for a forced promotion for FE6.

Looking forward to that new script, though. heartsforlineskipseverywhereplz

So, FE6's TSA can only load four palettes. FE7's can load five, and most of the backgrounds require five. Guess I'm crossing those off of the to-do list, then.

So, FE6's TSA can only load four palettes. FE7's can load five, and most of the backgrounds require five. Guess I'm crossing those off of the to-do list, then.

[10:21:32 PM] AstraLunaSol: gg

[10:29:38 PM] Agro: lol

[10:29:42 PM] Agro: ya fucked now

[10:30:37 PM] Rey: gg

Such a shame too. Despite the fact that both of us were discussing on remembering how to import FE6 backgrounds to FE7.

Seems like the reverse doesn't work due to the "older game" factor.

OH WELL.

Dammit Arch, you COULD have brought me back from translation monkey to helper monkey again.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Can you please make Roy less of a generic white knight? I'll love you forever if you do. :Roy:

It’s his hack, and he can do whatever he wants with it, but I would prefer if he kept the characters the same. Not because I am a big fan of Roy or anything, he IS quite boring and bland, but once you start taking freedoms to change your characters, it’s a very slippery slope that can easy end up making you change TOO much of the game.

MJWKiII.png8kXp0LM.png7LFJLPh.png

Well, I'm just starting on Chapter 6. Obviously we've got a pretty big change for Saul; it's the only reclassing I'll be doing, I swear. It just seems odd to me that the game throws three staff-users at you within the first six chapters, but gives you absolutely no tier one light magic users. Easy enough to fix, right? After I get the class fully imported, it's onto the rest of the chapter.

Oooh, a 50% tie on question three. I'm jotting down these results, this round of questions is over.

You've all made it to the second round. I've got a few more questions to ask.

1. Would you prefer the split promotion item GBA approach, or would you support switching to just one item: the Master Seal. Post-FE8, split promotion items have ceased to exist. The Master Seal option would be a fix for the promotion item dilemma, and also bring the update in-line with later titles.

2. Do you support the addition of Rogues as a promotion for Thieves? In the original FE6, Thieves are unable to promote.

3. Do you also support the addition of Halberdiers? This would also possibly accompany the reclassing of a player character into the Soldier class. The leading candidate, in my mind, would be Treck. I'm interested to hear what everybody thinks of the reclassing idea, and whom everyone thinks would be a good candidate for the reclass. If anything, I could just keep Halberdiers enemy-only.

Also, I'm up to Chapter 7 now.

Edited by Stallinbald

"1. Would you prefer the split promotion item GBA approach, or would you support switching to just one item: the Master Seal. Post-FE8, split promotion items have ceased to exist. The Master Seal option would be a fix for the promotion item dilemma, and also bring the update in-line with later titles."

It depends

Generally, if a proper promotion Item are distributed well, it won't make much of a difference, and in a sense, not doing a "generic promotion item" system somewhat gives incentive to make a diverse team of many different class. However a "properly distributed" promotion Item can sometime be included in the line of "we get tons of them" which also bring a question whether if selling them for tons of money would be better than actually making use of them

That being said, I support going Master Seal, with less quantity early on, or somewhat high quantity with low sell price

"2. Do you support the addition of Rogues as a promotion for Thieves? In the original FE6, Thieves are unable to promote."

What did rouge bring to the table is a question.

For example, you only need thief for these stuff when you played your cards right.

1. Stealing valuables. While I don't remember the full list, off the top of my head, you need to Steal Delphi shield from Narshen pretty late in the game(chapter 19?)
2. Desert Utility, somewhat lessened because you can easilly rig the treasure drop

After that, they are useless. You can buy Chest Keys and Door Keys in chapter 7, which comes alongside Arena in case you need some money. From that point onwards, your Cavaliers or Paladins does the job for treasure hunting in a much more efficient way.

If you turn Rogue into a No Lockpick stealer, FE6 Lockpick is IIRC 30 use, which is massive, when considered alongside Chest and Door keys

So overall, while thief can't promote in FE6, its not like they are actually good in combat or something that give them an incentive to be really used long term.

"3. Do you also support the addition of Halberdiers? This would also possibly accompany the reclassing of a player character into the Soldier class. The leading candidate, in my mind, would be Treck. I'm interested to hear what everybody thinks of the reclassing idea, and whom everyone thinks would be a good candidate for the reclass. If anything, I could just keep Halberdiers enemy-only."

I think a new class is cool, give some different approach to the game and whatnot

Outside of the afforementioned Saul, I think the good reclass candidate are the Illian Mercenaries in general(Zealot team is like a reference to Hardin's team, is nothing more than a second strictly inferior copy of the Pherae Knights, which in total give 7 monted units to go with)

Oujay is one that might be a nice one to change, but I'm not sure about the specific

Garret might want a change. FE6 have 2 Berserker candidate by that point, and depending on the route, Gonzalez can be a "prepromote" that cost a Seal usage

Igrene feels KINDA redundant because we have 2 Archer, one sniper, and one Nomads. Not sure how to change her though.

Female Berserker?

Its kinda hard to pick the reclass candidate because most of them follow the 2 Unpromoted 1 prepromotes scheme, with the exception of the Cavalier who have 4 unpromoted, and 3 prepromotes for every part of the game >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

I think that wendy should be a soldier. Bors could be the armor knight with slightly more speed and res. I wonder how master seals will be modded into the game. A female berserker would be epic. Thieves need a promotion. And with the female mounted aid issue, will it be changed to normal?

Edited by thetiger39

Wendy and Treck would make awesome soldiers if reclassed, IMO.

Master deals because it gives you more flexibility in your runs. If you want to do a all magic user run in vinilla, you can't because you have to wait forever to promote and have to buy more rings. Or, you can use a full team of fighters, myrms, and mercs, without penalty. IMO, way better

1. While Master seals are more flexible, I think that unique promotion items are part of the FE6 experience, and FE7 also had unique Promotion items, so changing would be strange. I'm fine with both honnestly, gameplay wise, if they are well enough distributed.

2. Depending how they are implemented,Promotion is always a good thing

3. More diversity is still welcome. I support fully Wendy becoming a soldier. That would put her good speed rate to good uses.
Making Zealot a Halberdier could be a good idea. As of now, Zealot is redundant, and you have no reason to use it.

Zealot is a second Marcus

As far as FE6 goes, thats actually VERY valuable

Heres a question, how exactly can Zealot be changed to be better? He's already in the best class in the game

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

From the most recent poll, I can see that what you're trying to do indeed varies greatly from what I wanted.

I only really have an opinion on the second option, which is an alternative: if anything, thieves should promote to assassins. The classes and monsters added by FE8 have a very different animation style when compared to FE6/7's classes and as such I think they would visually stick out like a sore thumb in this game.

Of course if you don't mind then I guess it doesn't matter.