FE11 RR (Reverse Recruitment)

General Horace

58 members have voted

1. 1. Gotoh

• 12 base defence?
    • lower base defence + actual defence growth
  2. 2. Useless units

• Make them slightly less useless by giving them higher bases and lower growths
    • Who cares about Lorenz anyway, he explodes in book 2
  3. 3. Manaketes?

• Nerf Firestones
    • Keep them as is!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should give Beck Thunderbolt instead, hahahahaha.

Beck: "I'm packin' thunderbolts, see? The enemy ballisticians'll never know what hit 'em!"

Marth: "What enemy ballisticians?

Beck: "..."

When Horace finishes we should celebrate by having a draft for this. It'd be pretty fun.

Also I just found out looking at growths that Dolph and Macellan have some pretty bro/decent growths reclassed, Dolph having 55% STR and 40% SPD as a pirate/berserker and Macellan having 40% STR and 45% SPD as a merc/hero.

Edited by ZeeEmm

The twist is, at the end of the drafting process it was for vanilla FE3 Book 2 all along. Sucks for the guys who picked Tiki and Est first!

Arran is pretty garbage so far, although he has pretty good weapon ranks and i'm playing on H5, so I guess that makes a difference.

I haven't found the data for the gaiden chapters yet unfourtunately, but I'm pretty sure it's just trial and error.

anyway, one of these is not like the other

c3da333808140f0f342ce1a8ce32d853.png

macellan still looks kind of bad unless I make knights class A, although Dolph might actually be ok since he'll have B lances wait nevermind its still irrelevant if he's class B

the firestone village might actually be worth it now!

Edited by General Horace

Would it be possible to turn Rapier into a Tome PRF for Gotoh?

i'm not sure yet. I haven't put too much effort into it yet, but if it's possible, i'll do it. I could even make a flier slaying bow for tomas!

oh wait....

regardless, our first unpromoted unit turned promoted unit somehow manages to be worse than their prepremote counterpart!

e55de9201fdb6ad76a4f8f6aba432a47.png

If knights/dracoknights get shifted, then what the hell do Pegasus Knights promote to?

EDIT: And how will this affect Minerva?

Edited by eclipse

female's have their own class tree, so pegasi will still promote to dracoknights, and they'd just be a promoted class b option

another thought i had while playing through it today was that gotoh could reclass to dracoknight if classes were left the same, and he could just fly to the throne on some chpaters like Khadein and the one after it in Altea which would be kind of broken.

I don't think I can remove reclassing on Gotoh without causing all mages to be unable to reclass, which would be lame.

Do the FE11 editors contain a class editor? If they do, and depending on how much you can edit, wouldn't it be possible to turn the Soldier class into a Mage Lord for Gotoh (I'm pretty sure Soldiers just appear in the Prologue, but I haven't played FE11 in a while)?

i don't think i can change gotoh's class to a custom class, although I honestly haven't checked yet.

it would involve changing the animations to just the mage class, but I kind of like the gimmicky reclassing lord, so I think i'll leave it in regardless

u should leave them because fuck balance

This.

Not like the RR patches are balanced anyways (FE6 having two dancers sticks out).

Sums up my feelings, though I supposed if you care enough you could do two, with one being somewhat balanced and the other being as is.

Medeus should be changed to Marth as the final.boss., totes

Oh my God, yes! :awesome:

I've also toyed with moving knights to class A, since they've always kind of stuck out as the odd one out in class b, since no other class uses lances, so there's even less incentive to change another class b unit to a knight, and that way a knight could become a cavalier (makes some sense, no?) as well.

Wouldn't be opposed. If you do end up leaving it, I don't exactly see Gotoh being super broken, what with 11 strength as a 20/1 draco if I did the calcs correctly (assuming 19 levels of cav). In terms of attack, he'd basically be vanilla Caeda with an even worse growth and no wing spear. So I'm guessing most of the time, you'd probably still have to warp a boss killer or give him a ridiculous forge.

I thought about giving beck a hoistflamme instead of stonehoist, but getting a ballistician this early on is overpowered enough, haha.

I say go with a pachyderm :P:

Edited by bottlegnomes

horace actually isn't too bad, he has 12 base strength

but all his other stats are terrible with growths to match

I probably won't get a whole lot done on this until the weekend, i've finished up to halfway through chapter 7.