Why does everyone hate Tellius now?

Logience

It seems like everyone worshipped it because it got them into the series, but now everyone hates it for no good reason because its sales bombed.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not really true? I haven't seen anyone bash Tellius.

From what I HAVE seen, people use it as a counterargument to those who believe a Tellius sequel will/should happen.

I was unaware of this. I generally see the Tellius series getting a lot of praise.

That's not really true? I haven't seen anyone bash Tellius.

From what I HAVE seen, people use it as a counterargument to those who believe a Tellius sequel will/should happen.

These two up here

While I do know people dislike it for being bad in sales by no means is it a bad game.

That's entirelsy new to me as well. I think the Telius games are the least despised games in the series. They are definitly not the most loved but rarely the ones that people put on the very button.

I think the last time we had a pool for the most and least favorite Fire Emblem games, PoR ended up with the least amount of votes for least favorite but also a meager amount of votes for favorite.

Edited by BrightBow

I've only seen Jolteon Archer bash the Tellius series. She also is the only Ike hater I know.

Generally, both games are praised by fans as far as I know.

fixed

She has a reason for hating Ike, which I know of, but my memory is a bit lacking

Both games are good, though I prefer PoR to RD anyday though

You could have said so instead of messing with my post. I've only had my phone for internet lately because vacation and there's no way I can see name changes on it.

I'm guessing this is a case of hearing from a vocal minority who dislikes Tellius. Tellius definitely isn't hated by any means around the fandom, although Radiant Dawn specifically causes divides quite often.

I'm guessing this is a case of hearing from a vocal minority who dislikes Tellius. Tellius definitely isn't hated by any means around the fandom, although Radiant Dawn specifically causes divides quite often.

Basically this. Also the less said of Micaiah, the better.

I don't see the telius games being hated that much in comparison to other fire emblem games, specially awakening, genealogy, SHADOW DRAGON and even blazing sword (the later mostly on gamefaqs)

I really like PoR, but RD is my least favorite FE game. Still, I rarely bash it (I just bash micaiah instead :P)

If anything, I'd say the tellius games are the ones that receive the least amount of hate >_>

Um, excuse me, but I meant Leafeon Myrmidon. Please ask if I actually might have made an error before correcting anything.

Leafeon Myrmidon, Jolten Archer, Glaceon Mage and Sylveon Lord are the same person.

If you see someone whose name is a eeveelution followed by a fire emblem class, it's her.

Edited by Nobody

Path of Radiance was actually the least disliked game on a poll here IIRC.

Usually people attribute the low sales to timing/marketing/console market as opposed to quality issues from what I've seen.

Leafeon Myrmidon, Jolten Archer, Glaceon Mage and Sylveon Lord are the same person.

If you see someone whose name is a eeveelution followed by a fire emblem class, it's her.

Oh, I see. I'll keep that in mind.

News to me. I don't know anyone who has hated the Tellius games while not hating FE in general. The most I know of is the divide over RD and the like. But, posting here to say 'it be not hated'.

I think TC might be referring to the occasional comment of "Tellius games sold like crap and almost killed the series!" There's some of that going around, but it's a minority that's not even that vocal.

Radiant Dawn used to be polarizing, what with the 6.0 Gamespot review and fans having similarly mixed opinions. Nowadays it's probably one of the most popular, with many calling it a masterpiece and the haters being few and far between.

As noted, Path of Radiance is in a weird place where almost everyone likes it, but very few consider it their most favorite. I suspect that's because most hardcore Tellius fans prefer Radiant Dawn for whatever reason.

All things considered, Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones, Sword of Seals get much more hate, and even Blazing Sword and Genealogy of the Holy War might be more polarizing than Radiant Dawn nowadays.

I think TC might be referring to the occasional comment of "Tellius games sold like crap and almost killed the series!" There's some of that going around, but it's a minority that's not even that vocal.

And then there's the fact that it's actually true.

Still, this has nothing to do with they getting hate or anything. There are many games I love and sold badly, including path of radiance, but I still point out they sold badly when talking about sales. Saying that a game sold badly and almost killed a series has nothing to do with hating it.

Edited by Nobody