Mapping Competition

Chocolate Kitty

So the rules for this are fairly simple, follow the guidelines and that's about it. :P

Ask for clarification if needed.

Guidelines:

-Make your maps original, don't copy/steal someone else's design.

-16 colors and hack box sized :P

-FoW and intermittent rain is in effect

-You must begin with this example map, and build off the given area (Red tiles are only there to indicate placement, not part of the final map). The map is a defend-this-point goal. If the enemy general is also routed, the map is complete.

S1NY4.png

Tiled .tmx here

-There should be an incentive to leave the starting area, such as villages, houses, or other areas of interest.

Personally, I haven't been able to open the tmx files of other members, so if you can't, just copy/paste these tiles over your finished map. If any of the mountain tiles need to be altered to work better outside the example area, that is allowed.

Tileset: 1C1D481F, otherwise known as rainy or laus

Size:

-36x24 tiles large

GBA FE Tileset LinkOH WAIT MEGAUPLOAD WAS TAKEN DOWN >>

Feaw Custom FE Tileset Link

Mappy Link

Winners shall pick the next map to be revamped, any map from FE(or anything similar to FE ex Tear Ring Saga) that isn't GBA FE for obvious reasons lol or a new map and tileset like normal

Winners of 3 contests in a row are barred from entering the round following their 3rd victory.

All participants must vote in the round they entered or they will be barred from entering the following round. Refusal to cooperate consecutively will result in multiple bars.

Note: Let's try to actually make maps and not Photoshop creations.

Barred contestants:

Winner Count:

Round 1 - Feaw

Round 2 - Feaw

Round 3 - SuperLuigi

Round 4 - Anouleth/Black Star

Round 5 - Anouleth/Black Star

Round 6 - Feaw

Round 7 - Hero of Time

Round 8 - SuperLuigi

Round 9 - SuperLuigi

Round 10 - SuperLuigi (Hat Trick oh mai)

Round 11 - Feaw

Round 12 - Primefusion

Round 13 - Feaw

Round 14 - Queen Elincia

Round 15 - Feaw

Round 16 - Feaw

Round 17 - Feaw (Hat Trick again :o)

Round 18 - Mario Kirby

Round 19 - Primefusion

Round 20 - Krad

Round 21 - Primefusion

Round 22 - Primefusion

Round 23 - Cam

Round 24 - ???

Due Date: March 9th

This one took....quite some time. Such a large map, Celice...

SFRound24.png

Anyways, pirates would try to go for the villages so you'd need to get there quickly to save them. Visiting the house in the lower left would unlock a gaiden or some sort of bonus content. The boss is stationed in the upper left and if you don't kill said boss before time expires reinforcements spill in from the northern pass.

It would have been cool if we could move the sample portion of the map around as we pleased. Then we could of played "Where's Waldo?" :P:

^^That's pretty much what my design would've looked like :p

...I do hope he means it's supposed to have FoW and rain if you were to play it, not on the posted map.

...If he doesn't, then fuck him, I'm not gonna do something so tedious and trivial.

It's a factor considered in the design of the map. As the enemy units you're defending against are cloaked, you as a designer have the freedom to decide how the player should be surprised by the enemy units.

Edited by Celice

I would've liked to make entry (I kinda like making large stuff) but meh... I haven't felt to do anything for about a week (empty head is empty).

Edited by Serene Flight

When I feel like that, I just doodle things in small parts. And see how it builds. Even if I don't feel like doing something, I end up getting it done slowly at least (in general, for anything. Except cooking :E ).

Pretty same here... I have been trying to make something that I could work with later (this map contest + some splice contests) but... I keep rejecting my plans since they end up being total crap. Pretty much like planning to make a meat dish from vegetables.

reserve

-Edit-

Alriight, I'm done;

FeawMapContest18.png

Basically, main enemy force enters from the north, with a few lesser groups from the west and east (3 pronged attack hee), while pirates raid the villages from their island, and brigands entering from the caves and other places.

And as if that weren't enough, dracos and peggies spawn from over the mountains, while the little valley above the castle has a nice archer/sniper occupying a ballista and raining arrows your way =3.

Oh, and you need to protect the mansion (south-eastern big house/major house thingy). If it gets destroyed, you lose =(.

Edited by Fawful

Basically, main enemy force enters from the north, with a few lesser groups from the west and east (3 pronged attack hee), while pirates raid the villages from their island, and brigands entering from the caves and other places.

And as if that weren't enough, dracos and peggies spawn from over the mountains, while the little valley above the castle has a nice archer/sniper occupying a ballista and raining arrows your way =3.

Oh, and you need to protect the mansion (south-eastern big house/major house thingy). If it gets destroyed, you lose =(.

That's cool, beating chapters and not dying is overrated anyways.