Pokeshin - Fire Red like it's never been seen before!

Shin

Hey all! Most of you have probably heard of Pokeshin. If you haven't, well that makes me ANGRY!

What started as a balancing project for Fire Red with Esme soon evolved into something much more. The enemies are nastier, the levels are crueler... even your own mother is against you! Surely there are nice things too? Of course! Loads of weeners have improved greatly, you might actually want to use a Butterfree! Beware though, your opponents have these too!

Waffle-free list of changes
- Balancing of the first 300 or so pokemon
- Changes to maps, dialogue, trainers and events
- Various changes to item locations, attack effects and the like
- Lots of other horrible things that are often rather amusing

Release schedule
When it's done, I have a naughty habit of throwing out test versions in IPchat if I'm too lazy to do it myself. I guess Horace exists too. But since I'm NICE, here's my working build for now.

Current Patch Progress: Victory Road Complete

To do: - Elite 4+X, minor map parts, post-game, dialogue fixes, last 80 pokemon

[This is the download link!]

Some pictures

Pokeshin_01_zps6942bd49.pngPokeshin_02_zps267e716a.pngPokeshin_03_zpsb067911e.png
Pokeshin_05_zpsba650fe8.pngPokeshin_06_zpsde9f3969.pngPokeshin_12_zpsef5ac6a8.png
Pokeshin_04_zps6c462d4a.pngPokeshin_09_zps5459a0f9.pnga4c3a2f8968ce590b9815e9d20aba8e4.png?135
aa31c1082380d907aee387ade3fe5262.png?1359c192481369a28f2bbbdcef6b3b082dc.png?135RuD7C.png
E0YPx.pngC0jl5.pngPot4S.png

Some quotes on POKESHIN

'This just gets funnier and funnier. Wild Rockets, girls yelling rape, jerks ahead, onix using flamethrower...I can't wait for the next installment. - Helios'
'rofl, this is absolutely brilliant! Definitely the funniest FireRed hack I've ever seen. Can't wait to see how troll-worthy the next installment will be! XD - Kalas'
'This patch is the bestest thing I've come across - j00'
'the longer the game progresses, the more i think its just shin trolling me. - Horace'

Edited by Shin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just waiting to get past Thwomp Tunnel... Shin, you didn't forget about me, did you?

I beat LeafGreen while I was waiting, though... and after testing out Pokeshin... LeafGreen seemed... underwhelming...

My Fire Punch Pikachu is waiting to kill Erika...

Anyway, I hope this gets finished soon! It is, so far, looking fantastic!

how dare you use screenshots without credit!

although all in all highly recommended, i should probably update sometime soon

Hahahaha, that's a good one. Shin giving credit :P

Also yeah, you probably should but I know you've been busy lately so just upload those next parts when you can.

You said the whole Pokedex is "more balanced," with Butterfree being usable, right? Oh, Anthony. XD

Did you just mess with the movesets, then, or did you mess with the stats, too?

Both stats and movesets were altered. In some strange situations, typing was even changed!

Both stats and movesets were altered. In some strange situations, typing was even changed!

is there a pokemon change list cause that would be very interesting to look at also did you change any abilities

Edited by goodperson707

is there a pokemon change list cause that would be very interesting to look at also did you change any abilities

I highly doubt there's such a list, as compiling all those changes would take a ton of work. (I'm not sure, though.)

Also, from what I've tested so far, the only abilities he changed were the starters' abilities.

Charmander had Guts, Bulbasaur had Chlorophyll, and Squirtle... I'm not too sure about Squirtle.

However, at least for my Bulbasaur, aka, Shin (:P), Chlorophyll disappeared upon evolution, reverting to the normal Overgrow. It's probably a mistake on Shin's part, though, since I don't see why Shin would do that... unless he's trolling. X3 (I could be wrong, so don't take me for my word... Shin'll know better...)

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

I have explicit details about all the pokemon changes

50 bucks a pop if you desire some info~

*hands over fifty dollars in counterfeit bills*

Okay, so can Pikachu learn Volt Tackle?

If not, then Shin had better make that change. D:<

I want a Volt Tackle-Pikachu NOW!