[FE8] Sevenized

Elieson

Ok, interesting update:

Thanks to Klok, I managed to salvage the entire Chapter unit editor's worth of work (so, Inventory, Base Class and Base Level), through copious use of EA by taking out all the data from the nmm CUE and copying it all straight into a fresh rom.

Strangely enough, I'm having difficulty with NUPS and reapplying my 1.2 patch to a fresh .GBA to handle copying over Character/Class data over. If I can get those two, combined with Items, I can manually handle the rest of the minor changes (like Shops and Chests) in like 5 minutes.

Mood: PERSEVERING!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno! I don't know anything about anything!

That aside, It all seems to be back in order Except Chapter Unit Editor data (Classes/Inventory/Lame-Ass Fetid Claw Punk Ass Bitch who doesn't aggro on you) which I'll have done in a minute hopefully. Lesson Learnt: FEditor is out to get me. Backup like an old woman who can't see behind her [fast and often]

Edited by Sara.

Ok: Thanks to Cam and Klok for pro advice and some ramshackle fixes, I'm back to where I was Pre:NameChange. Thank fucking god for that. I learned a lot just now!

how is waiting for EA to disassemble/reassemble faster than highlighting a hugeass chunk of hex and just copying that

It takes like 30 seconds to disassemble all chapters in a rom, then another 30 to reassemble into a new rom.

Granted, the hex method is slightly faster but that requires knowledge of where to look, how much space all the blocks combined take up, etc. If you know it, it's faster, but in either case EA is easier and pretty damn fast on its own.

Why is _SETVAL 0x3 linked to the Rapier give in Prologue? That looks so stupid ugly

Just me bitching, i got it figured out

How do I handle making a new promotion item actually function? Nightmare won't let me save it Nevermind I needed to set the blank dropdowns to Nothing (rather than just leave them blank).

Is there a way to edit pre-existing Promotion Items (as in, what classes a Pre-existing Promotion item can promote)? I.E. I do not want the Hero Crest to promote Mercenary(F), but the Promotion Item Editor shows the Use effect at 0x19 and I've got no idea where that leads to.

In response to the above:

I can create a new promotion line in the Custom Promotion Editor that works for all classes with the exception of Mercenary (F), and repoint the Hero Crest's Promotion Pointer.

I guess that'd be easier than breaking apart the built-in Hero Crest's data. I feel like it's inefficient to add something like this, but I'm def. not comfortable enough to go exploring into HXD for this one. Cool.

Pushed out the latest patch, Version 1.3 (Changelog in the OP). I'm running out of data related things, and getting to the phase where the rest of the work is either Graphic or Text based.

Anyway, I just tested applying this patch onto a clean game and it was successful. Currently speeding through to check on my changes. Have at it, y'all!

Naw I'm rolling out names later today. Check the OP under my spoiler titled "changes coming in the 1.4 Release", and you'll see all the stuff I'll be pushing out. I'll have names all set but I won't have portraits and sprites for a little while yet.

Also if you see anything named DUMMY, do know that it works, it just has the wrong name.

Sorry I don't have it up yet~~ I actually changed all the names in my 1.2 patch, but the game glitches out immediately, so I just gotta do it <correctly> this time.

Keep playing tho, as when I bring my next patch out, your .SAV should still work with the game file.

Also thx Psych~ I just changed it to 3 uses so it matches the other. Man 60 uses is huge..

Edited by Sara.

Mostly items/weapons. I adjusted stats and modified a promo item. Next release has mostly name changes and a few smaller this and that changes

Edited by Sara.

Yeppers. I'm spending this weekend doing fatherly things while both of my kids are in town, and this week will feature various imported names and ultimately mugshots/sprites/animations in the release(s) after that

Hey man, I was wondering if u want some help eventing new characters in ect. My FE6 to FE8 thing inspired by you is something I kindof sort a dont want to work on ATM cause theres more then double FE8's cast. But, since we are kindof doing the same thing, if u want anyhelp with nightmare or FEditor please do ask. Over the time i started my shit hacks, I've used alot of nightmare and feditor and would love to help you port fe7's cast into fe8.

Well, aside from me trying to figure out one remaining import for Ameliwood, I'm pretty much done with the general Nightmare necessities.

However, I would like to add in the few unused characters, and might need an idea or two on what to do with them

Well, aside from me trying to figure out one remaining import for Ameliwood, I'm pretty much done with the general Nightmare necessities.

However, I would like to add in the few unused characters, and might need an idea or two on what to do with them

Are you also making the bosses enemies from FE7? Cause thats what im doing in my fe6 one. Also, what problems are you having with Ameliawood?

It's not really a problem, I just haven't researched map-sprite inserts all that much. I'll be doing that tonight most likely