Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

Firstly, which item do you promote Guinevere with?

Secondly, I found a few more problems, highlighted in the video:

1) Forblaze (and Aureola as well, I found out later) hits on physical defense instead of resistance for some reason.

2) Short Bow seems to freeze at 1 range. (I know it does 0 damage in the video, but I found it earlier and I decided to record it on the general).

Thirdly, I'm glad Niime got a buff =D

Edited by shrang

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, which item do you promote Guinevere with?

Secondly, I found a few more problems, highlighted in the video:

1) Forblaze (and Aureola as well, I found out later) hits on physical defense instead of resistance for some reason.

2) Short Bow seems to freeze at 1 range. (I know it does 0 damage in the video, but I found it earlier and I decided to record it on the general).

Thirdly, I'm glad Niime got a buff =D

Don't worry I know about the magic bug, they were listed as Unsellable Indesctructable WEAPONS before when they are, well.... magic.

It seems Short Bows freeze on Nomadic Troopers like they do in the other FE's I can fix this but only for 3.0 (since it requires FEditor and FEditor has locked me out due to all my rampaging edits) Until then Short Bows are (Sadly) 2-2 ranged.

Guinevere promotes with a Knight Crest (her promoted class is Sol Knight) Theives promote with the Heroes Crest, Soldiers with the Knights Crest.

Hm, I'm playing through Chapter 20x at the moment (the one where you get Malte), and the game freezes every time you use Fa to attack. Also, why does promoted Lilina have a general sprite and is weak to Armorslayer o_0

Hm, I'm playing through Chapter 20x at the moment (the one where you get Malte), and the game freezes every time you use Fa to attack. Also, why does promoted Lilina have a general sprite and is weak to Armorslayer o_0

Fa attacking Glitch: No idea. The reason I have no idea is that I've done NOTHING to Fa in this hack, I've not replaced any animations or added new pointers in places there weren't. I'm completely stumped as to what could have happened.

It has something to do with the magic/strength split doesn't it. I don't know why since ENEMY mamkutes still work.

Lilina with the General Sprite and Weakness to Armor Slayer: Hooboy, this is gonna be a bitch to fix. See The way editing in the new classes worked I had to replace current ones (Since I'm a fucking dumbass and can't repoint the damn table, in Luna Sage's case I replaced the General (F), and then set her class number to say... Sage.

This caused an entirely different problem to the one your experiancing, namely that Lilina would turn into a Sage if I loaded the game normally (Restart or Reload chapter) the same would happen to the Halberdier and all the other custom classes with new numbers.

The only thing I could do to keep the custom classes as is was to keep the Class number as is... unfortunatly it's leading to your problem.

I don't know where class number is in the hex, I don't know how to edit it, and Blazers tutorial just tells you to leave it alone. Class number controls movement sprite, resistances, weaknesses and all that jazz. So until I figure out how to edit Class Numbers (good luck there, this isn't covered anywhere I search, ESPECIALLY not for FE6) I'm stuck with this.

It sucks exactly as much as it sounds, and I have asked in the questions forum for information which apparently no one has.

Edited by Onmi

For the Lillina issue, you can go to Map sprite editor on Nightmare and copy the info from Sage (F) and add it to General (F).

EDIT: I was thinking it was it on FE7 or FE8. My bad. But something similar should be possible on FE6. Another Edit; on class editor of FE6 you can change map sprite and movement type, it'll still look like a General when viewing the character. Hope that helped.

Edited by JosefLior

For the Lillina issue, you can go to Map sprite editor on Nightmare and copy the info from Sage (F) and add it to General (F).

EDIT: I was thinking it was it on FE7 or FE8. My bad. But something similar should be possible on FE6. Another Edit; on class editor of FE6 you can change map sprite and movement type, it'll still look like a General when viewing the character. Hope that helped.

I have changed the movement type and map sprite, the problem is her weakness to the Armor Slayer is tied directly into her class number, the thing is I don't know what part of the hex (each class is 72 bytes long) is the class number, otherwise yeah I would find what makes her weak to (presumably everything generals are weak to) and fix it.

Go into the items editor, and find a weapon that has the effectiveness of armor, find it's effectiveness offset (for example, should look something like: 0x834214C)

Go into a hex editor and jump to the offset 34214C (Again, this is an example) and you'll come across a string of hex, those are the hex of classes, so what you want to do is find whatever class you had Lilina's replace in hex. (Look in the class editor) and remove it/move other classes up to take its slot.

Though, I don't hack FE6, so this method may not work, but it sure does work in FE7.

Go into the items editor, and find a weapon that has the effectiveness of armor, find it's effectiveness offset (for example, should look something like: 0x834214C)

Go into a hex editor and jump to the offset 34214C (Again, this is an example) and you'll come across a string of hex, those are the hex of classes, so what you want to do is find whatever class you had Lilina's replace in hex. (Look in the class editor) and remove it/move other classes up to take its slot.

Though, I don't hack FE6, so this method may not work, but it sure does work in FE7.

Actually I'm pretty sure that worked perfectly. I assume since the original looked like this

0C 0D 0E 0F

AK/AK(F)/Gen/Gen (F)

I change it to 0C 0E 00 00? Thank you Astra, that's another bit of coding knowledge that will help me, I'm very grateful.

I tried going directly to Fa's Battle Animation to see what was up (but of course I'm locked out of FEditor via 'Open file streams' whatever the hell that means since nothings running the rom) and nothings wrong with it from what I can see in the hex.

I went to the offset 662BC0 in HxD in both the edited rom and a completely clean rom. For the next 130 Bytes, they were completely the same. and I'm pretty sure the animation doesn't extend beyond that.

My next test (to see if it was the magic/strength patch that screwed it up) was to .JFP an english clean rom. and test that came up positive, her dragon breath still worked. And I'd assume something happened to her ACTUAL animation (since it freezes before her transformation into a dragon) but I can't get into that with FEditor Advanced

I tried every test I can think of and can't see why Fa wont work unless her Battle animation has somehow been deleted. And I can't access FEditor at all to check. with a fundementally broken patch I'm considering starting over and trying the whole 3.0 thing right now.

The reason I wanted to hold off is I wanted to get the games balance perfect first so people could play while I hammered out the new script, learnt how to properly implement custom events and classes and all that jazz, in short turning a fairly unremarkable balance patch into a new experiance from FE6 Vanilla, while still giving people a chance to play.

That seems out of the question if I can't fix Fa, soI think it's back to step 1. Of course this comes with a return of university so a hack I could previously spend a day on is going to become slow as hell.

Edited by Onmi

Another little glitch, Malte restarts the game if you use it a 2 range.

Thankfully already knew about that one. had to do with when I intended to have all the divine weapons be 1-2. I gave them appropriate magic but of course animations aren't built to handle Magic Axes/Lances. (Bolting and Fimbul respectivly) Yet another one of the many things I had to cut, I'm pretty sure I'm bumping Durendal back to 1-1 to scale it better as well

Alright, a couple things... I might be on an old hack, but here's my problems.

-Knights are impossible to level up in the arena: namely Wendy. Extreme difficulty, every enemy will have silver weapons. They'll also double her, which is pathetic considering her role as the high damage/speed Knight.

Can't her base defense be lowered in lieu of her offense?... what was it, 15 base defense?

-You've missed updating some characters stats, like Gonzales. Level 5?

-Wendy is severely underpowered. Completely crippled in growth and base stats.

-Chapter 14 is impossible to complete, lol, Bishops. I mean, Clarine is an excellent unit, so it was bearable in Chapter 12... but now...

-Alan is way, way too strong.

-Saul is extremely good also, but you can't buy Light tomes for a while... He levels quickly though.

-You've made Lillina much easier to use, thank you, but we can't buy Dark Tomes until later also.

-Tate missed out big time on the stat boost. Worthless unit.

-Chapter 8x is so difficult because the boss wields Durandal. jesus

-Chapter 12 has overleveled, super deadly Warriors. They're level 15 with near capped strength. But not impossible to deal with.

Think you could buff Cath's stats so she's a better offensive unit from Chapter 12?... she's pathetic. Level 5, and everything on Chapter 13 will kill her in one hit, no way to make it to the arena in time.

-There's no one to make use of the promoted Thief classes since Chad's growths are pathetic for offense, and Cath is level 5.

-Archers are totally ridiculous, but it's a very nice change of pace. I don't think that should change. My Sue and Shin are bosses.

Would certainly like to see what sort of development you put in for Gale... but I can't get there yet. Anyone else find out how to deal with the Ultrabishops? Did 1.7 fix this?

And could I start Ch. 14 with the updated patch to fix the bugs there? thanks if you're still around

Thankfully already knew about that one. had to do with when I intended to have all the divine weapons be 1-2. I gave them appropriate magic but of course animations aren't built to handle Magic Axes/Lances. (Bolting and Fimbul respectivly) Yet another one of the many things I had to cut, I'm pretty sure I'm bumping Durendal back to 1-1 to scale it better as well

You could just make them both throwable, can't you? I'll miss the OPness of 1-2 range Durandal o_0.

Anyone else find out how to deal with the Ultrabishops?

lol I remember them. I had to stick Rutger + Durandal in front of them (in the old patch where they had 1-2 range) and hope that I get a crit o_0. Those Bishops are retarded.

Archers are totally ridiculous, but it's a very nice change of pace.

Oh yes, yes, yes. Longbows are so annoying.

Alright, a couple things... I might be on an old hack, but here's my problems.

-Knights are impossible to level up in the arena: namely Wendy. Extreme difficulty, every enemy will have silver weapons. They'll also double her, which is pathetic considering her role as the high damage/speed Knight.

Can't her base defense be lowered in lieu of her offense?... what was it, 15 base defense?

-You've missed updating some characters stats, like Gonzales. Level 5?

-Wendy is severely underpowered. Completely crippled in growth and base stats.

-Chapter 14 is impossible to complete, lol, Bishops. I mean, Clarine is an excellent unit, so it was bearable in Chapter 12... but now...

-Alan is way, way too strong.

-Saul is extremely good also, but you can't buy Light tomes for a while... He levels quickly though.

-You've made Lillina much easier to use, thank you, but we can't buy Dark Tomes until later also.

-Tate missed out big time on the stat boost. Worthless unit.

-Chapter 8x is so difficult because the boss wields Durandal. jesus

-Chapter 12 has overleveled, super deadly Warriors. They're level 15 with near capped strength. But not impossible to deal with.

Think you could buff Cath's stats so she's a better offensive unit from Chapter 12?... she's pathetic. Level 5, and everything on Chapter 13 will kill her in one hit, no way to make it to the arena in time.

-There's no one to make use of the promoted Thief classes since Chad's growths are pathetic for offense, and Cath is level 5.

-Archers are totally ridiculous, but it's a very nice change of pace. I don't think that should change. My Sue and Shin are bosses.

Would certainly like to see what sort of development you put in for Gale... but I can't get there yet. Anyone else find out how to deal with the Ultrabishops? Did 1.7 fix this?

And could I start Ch. 14 with the updated patch to fix the bugs there? thanks if you're still around

1. It's the problem of having Knights at the level they are with the defense/HP they have. Barth is just as impossible. I don't think her base defense was THAT high though.

2. Noted and fixed but wont be out until the next major update

3. I also noted that about Wendy and rebalanced her/upped her starting level.

4. Again noted that I missed it

5. Uberbishops (and anyone super late in the game Uber Chapter 22/23 enemies) was caused by me not rescaling the levels. I fixed all those up (but again, not until I have a fix for the game breakers)

6. Funnily enough I've not edited Alan outside of his growths, where he's just supposed to be the Horsetank in reflection of lances Horsemagictank. So I think your Alan was just blessed.

HP STRENGTH SKILL SPEED DEFENSE RESISTANCE LUCK 85 60 30 35 60 10 40 As you can see, his Strength, and Defense are nice but he's has the same Base 320 as all the other 'base classes'

7. Shops are going to be edited

8. Ditto, though the Luna Driver (as previously noted) will not be unlimtied forever

HP STRENGTH SKILL SPEED DEFENSE RESISTANCE LUCK 60

I guess I could stand to boost her bases a little though, I mostly browsed over everyone.

10. Yeah I had that noted

11. Actually? Warriors aren't me, I never edited any warriors on that map... I think anyway, with that level they sound edited so I'll have to go fix that regardless.

CATH 60 60 40 80 10 20 50

Cath has a 60 in strength (Equal to Alan), and an 80 in speed

CHAD 50 55 55 80 10 10 60

Chad is only 5 points behind her and has much better skill growth.

So no I'm not seeing how they WONT make use of their new promotions strength, especially if you think Alan is overpowered. At least stat wise, not to mention their promotion bonus. I'll look over their bases again to see if they need anything else.

13. Archers are probably losing a point of Mt. off every bow (maybe, I need to see how it balances out) to balance out their new range.

Thank you for your opinions though.

As for Shrang.

1.I could but I wanted their ranged attack to be thematic (Flames from the Blazing Sword, Electricity from the Thunder Hammer, Ice from the Lance of Ice and Snow) certainly they could be made a simple Throwing Axe/Javellin but I kinda feels wrong having the Durendal as the only one with it's corresponding element

2. Indeed they are, again it was because I changed Priests to Bishops... and then didn't rescale their levels. Dumb on my part

3. Long Bows are offseting mages getting Bolting and the like. Although yes they are very annoying.

Yeah, it's really bizarre...

My Lance, Rutgar, and Lugh got screwed super hard and my Fir and Lillina and Clarine are deities. Fir has 18 strength at level 12. Maybe she's just blessed... However, I'm quickly running out of units that didn't get screwed on levels. Lost Wendy, lost Lance, Treck was underwhelming, missed out on Percy by one turn... also do you plan on toning down echidna cause she's insanely good

One last thing I forgot: on stages with respawning Pirates, their poison axes are replaced with Sea Swords. Makes easy food for Shin and Fir!

Edited by Hotashi

Yeah, it's really bizarre...

My Lance, Rutgar, and Lugh got screwed super hard and my Fir and Lillina and Clarine are deities. Fir has 18 strength at level 12. Maybe she's just blessed... However, I'm quickly running out of units that didn't get screwed on levels. Lost Wendy, lost Lance, Treck was underwhelming, missed out on Percy by one turn... also do you plan on toning down echidna cause she's insanely good

One last thing I forgot: on stages with respawning Pirates, their poison axes are replaced with Sea Swords. Makes easy food for Shin and Fir!

Okay THAT I fixed in a later patch.

And for all those guys

HP STRENGTH SKILL SPEED DEFENSE RESISTANCE LUCK

LANCE 60 40 45 60 20 60 35

LUGH 50 50 60 60 15 50 35

LILINA 50 75 50 55 20 55 50

FIR 75 45 50 55 15 20 50

RUTGAR 80 60 60 50 20 20 30

TRECK 80 40 30 35 70 40 35

CLARINE 40 40 50 55 10 60 65

I'll tone Echidna down a little, after I check her out. Not the Sea Sword though that just takes it's stats from Arch's notes

hoo BOY is Echidna getting a stat decrese and a level bump

EDIT: God that was properly formatted pre-post

Edited by Onmi

SPOTLIGHT CHAPTERS

---

Something I've been snagging time to do inbetween the rewriting the script thing. Spotlight chapters are past or present Gaiden chapters that serve three purposes. To further develop the characters being 'Spotlit', To provide unique item rewards and in the case of the present ones, to provide extra EXP for set characters.

I know you must all immediatly be jumping on me thinking that I'm ripping off Elibian Nights, but I actually got the idea from the similary titled IDW Transformer comics (Wow is my geek showing or what?).

I don't know how far I'll interspace them but I do know that they will be the most ambitious part of this project, custom maps, custom events, custom items. This all depends on whether or not I can add more maps than the game actually has naturally, and if not... well I hope no one misses the Trial Maps I was never going to edit. that gives me 5 Spotlights at the very least.

Planned and Drafter Spotlights:

Spotlight: Cath

- Requirement: Cath is alive and recruited at the end of chapter 16/x

Story: With the formation of the Etruria/Lycia army, Cath reminisces on when she first became a thief, her first infiltration, and her first kill.

Setting: Past, no experiance to be gained

Characters: Cath (Past)

Reward: Gold and Items

Spotlight: Noah

- Requirement: Noah, Dieck and Eliwood are alive at the end of chapter 20/x Ilia (May be route exclusive) ((Can I even set up a checker that checks for all 3?))

Story: Noah, Dieck and Eliwood debate the finer points of love and if it can bloom on the battlefield as they clean up the enemy on the Ilia/Bern border.

Setting: Present, Experiance counts

Characters: Noah (Mercenary/Hero), Dieck (Mercenary/Hero), Eliwood (Knight Lord)

Reward: Gold, Items, Experiance.

---

Possible Spotlights?

Spotlight: Dieck

Focusing on the story Dieck told of being ambushed and captured, we join his jail break and subsequent tsunami of murder.

Spotlight: Hugh

News of Canas death hit Hugh hard, who had begun his study of dark magic, this is his journy to becoming an Anima Mage.

Spotlight: Gale

The Ex-Dragon General is reminded of his first flight with Zeiss and Miledy, past exploration

Spotlight: Tate

Klein, Alan and Tate fight as the vanguard against the Coup D'etat forces of Etruria.

Spotlight: Garret

Fighting alone to protect villages is the exact opposite of how Garret started out, can he hold out for reinforcements?

Spotlight: Lance

The youngest of Pheare's knights and a foreigner to boot, how did Lance come to join House Pheare?

Please do not mistake this as me throwing out something I have no desire to follow up on, the Noah and Cath spotlights actually have properly formatted scripts, there are a whole lot of 'Concepts' that I've spit balled and may never follow up on.

Well... still stuck on those Bishops on Chapter 14. ;(

I'll keep trying then.

Ah wait, frack no I haven't. Hold on I'll patch up a quick fix for you.

Here it is, the Quick Shoddy Fix.

Quick Shoddy Fix was where I stopped working on the patch when I heard about the Fa bug (hence the name) but Chapter 14 and all 'Super' enemies should be fixed

There's a possibility that the Chapter 23 Opening wont load though since again, this is an old versio. Note you'll still be able to PLAY Chapter 23, just the opening cutscene wont play, and after you select your units you'll be dropped right into the thick of it.

Edited by Onmi

Yeah... was about to make a screenshot and everything.

Thanks again!

Edit: Input File Invalid...

Edit2:I'm supposed to apply the ups patch to the patched rom, but it's not working out...

Edited by Hotashi