<Looking for Experienced Hacker> Nightmare Uprising <FE7>

Cancer Lancer

This is an old hack started by a friend of mine, but he disappeared and stuff after a bit, and this hack has been on mega postpone for 2 years since. I still have the rights to this hack, so I'd like to bring it back if possible. Unfortunately, I'm in a position where I'll need help for this project. RIP.

So here's the pros and the cons to working with me

Pros:

-Most of the content is ready, scripts are set, character portraits are pretty much all but ready. There isn't much work in that regard.

-I'm experienced as a spriter, can map, and can do battle animations as well.

-I'm confident in my writing skills, and am open to critique and new ideas if it means creating a better overall product.

-Will be rebalanced for optimal gameplay at every step of development.

-Willing to "donate" via paypal.

-etc.

Cons:

-The extent of my hacking experience is nothing close to what I consider comfortable for handling projects on my own. Lots of things I haven't tried, such as music hacking, ASM, and doing custom events outside of map balancing.

-Fixes. Lots of fixing to do with the ROM, and some of the class inserts.

-The "donations" will not be extravagant. At all. (Give me a break, I'm a poor University student who doesn't have the time to get a job) And will be based on result. But I'd much rather whoever takes up this project do it out of interest or passion. So if you're in it just for the money, I'm probably not going to entrust the parts of the project I'd like to entrust to you, no matter how experienced you may be.

-etc.

Well, carrying on, if there is an experienced hacker who is interested in taking part in this project, please let me know via PM. I would like to keep the staff for this hack to a minimum, so I'm only interested in getting the assistance of one competent hacker, and no more. Though, of course I'd prefer that whoever decides to take up the mantle of this project also be someone who can get along with me :P Common interests will help a ton too. Sooo, if you're interested, I'd like to get to know you for a bit too. Sort of like an interview of sorts.

The reason why I'd rather find someone than learn it all myself is because as much as I'd love to take the time to read and attempt to decipher novels of documentation (Lol), I'm very busy with school, and my own life issues, as well as my other pursuits. I don't have the time (or patience >.>) to fill the holes with what I don't know yet with hacking.

Anyways, without further ado, here's a screenshot of some of the current progress for the hack.

[spoiler=Content]6vOHg7R.png

Stats will be subject to change based on future balancing from the screenshots.

The concept behind Nightmare Uprising is to create an interesting hack of high quality. The hack is still very much a work in progress. As far as the story goes, it's going to be pretty dark. Like, a lot darker than most hacks out there. The hack is based in a separate world that we haven't yet named, during a time that's similar to the renaissance that we've historically undergone. Of course, I won't be giving too many spoilers here ;3

As far as gameplay goes... Well, you'll just have to see for yourself when I release a demo. I'm aiming for a generally enjoyable hack, balanced and for the most part just above average in difficult (Think FE12 H2, or FE9 Maniac), but for the pleasure of 2DSoul's sadistic tendencies more experienced players, there will also be "Nightmare" chapters, which are designed to be incredibly difficult but with ways to get around the difficulty, depending on the player's choices.

I don't like sharing my sprites in public, so if there's stuff you'd like to see, PM me instead.

PS. Please be gentle, senpai. Don't hurt me with your words too much :<

Special Thanks:

Cheshire, for starting the hack and providing sprites, feedback, and cleaning. (Where are you, bro? :<)

Ristau, for being a bro and helping where he could

2DSoul, for not giving up after 2 years of hiatus (Lololol a pat on the back to myself)

Hopefully, I can get a patch to be released one day.

Edited by Cancer Lancer

• 1 month later...