FE6 HM Playlog

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Ilian

i still suck at making topic titles

Anywhoo, as I got more votes for yes than no in my poll in the other topic, I will be doing another playlog, of FE6, played on difficult mode. This one will be a little more interactive with the community (or I intend it to be, at least) with regards to units, and which routes I will take. I may end up covering all the routes in the end, depending on how much patience I have with FE6 by the end of the game. Anyhow, I might start the first chapter tonight, as all these chapters have forced deployment.

i probably forgot something...

if you have anything to say, feel free to say it!

also oh dear lots of polls.

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind FE6 at all when it's not a LTC setting.

It's totally the worst thing ever in drafts and LTC runs, although I aim to never do either ever again.

also, holy batman Bartre isn't losing and Sacae is murdering Ilia woah

Now you'll have to use both Echinda and Bartre. TAKE THAT!

All I need to do to break the tie is vote myself silly :P

Also, the bottom three polls close at 3PM PST tomorrow. I'll leave the first two up since they take a while to get to anyway although it's pretty clear i'm going to sacae.

And Dr. Shin might have a special surprise for this playthrough, to be revealed, if it happens!

Edited by General Horace

Sacae, because it's fuuuuuun.

Echidna, because she's hot and Lalum is cool.

Only Allen because Lance is lame.

Bors, I guess.

Ward and Dieck because I like them more.

Since the quantity of the images has largely increased due to Shin altering the text, i'll have to split my posts into two parts, one with blurbs from the story, and one for the gameplay itself.

Also, thanks for the saves, Bal.

Without further ado...

[spoiler=Chapter 1 - Gameplay]WCVtV.png

Make sure to give him some levels so he isn't going to be picked off by Bolting, and so he can effectivly use his PRF after promotion. I guess he helps with swordcavs early on with his rapier.

baVtN.png

Seems that Marcus has gained a point of HP and a couple luck points from his FE7 self... unfourtunatly, he's also lost some weapon ranks and a lot of strength. He's still invaluable early on though.

mc0Dd.png5lPaO.png

oops I forgot to take a shot of base lance, so spoilers on his level up. I think FE6 did the strong/speedy cavalier's the best, as their bases are drastically different, and even though their growths are pretty similar, their bases will always keep them somewhat unique.

FbnNx.png

What was IS thinking. He's essentially Draug with a better luck base, complete with low Strength and high speed growths for an armour.

ESCs3.png

FE6 Archers really got the short end of the stick

Terrible base stats, mediocre growths. At least he has decentish chip early on and forced deployment.

uMwLY.png

Damas clearly doesn't have the Con to wield axes. He's sluggish, but hits extremely hard. He has no 1-2 range weapon, but Wolt 18HKO's him without fort healing, and you're never hitting him with a javelin so who cares.

cOC22.pngHcRAi.pnglWgWy.pngioe5O.png

Some chapter 1 enemies. I dunno if I was just (un)lucky, but there seems to be a pretty big deviation in the stats of the enemies. Must be HM bonuses kicking in. For reference, the normal mode enemies have 7 less HP, 4-5 less strength, and 3-4 less speed.

odnLB.png

The beauty of Marcus early on is that he can double and leave enemies easily within KO range for your other weaker units, making it relatively easy for them to get exp.

0OoRd.pngBQitQ.png

Lance is cleanly 2HKO'd at 50/50 hit rates, while Alan can take an additional hit due to higher HP base.

Rys6h.png

Then there's Bors who can't hit fuck all and is doubled in return, and 3HKO'd. Good job IS.

UDCsq.png

Roy is in the same boat as Lance, 2HKO'd by axe dudes, but he is also KO'd by an Archer+Fighter combo, as is Wolt.

LzfXq.png

pro defensive formation

Kzlth.png

Fuck.

K2TPp.png

All these guys up north won't move until you go in range*, so lure them one by one if you must

* the archer and fighter to the left will move when the fighter to the left of Damas moves.

WCYWj.png

I.... don't think this was in the original FE6.

Anyway, the village gives you money! Visit it!

SJFEJ.png

Marcus is perfect for luring the enemies one by one, as he leaves them in critical HP, for a free kill.

5lPaO.png

you totally didn't see this earlier

BXaJ7.png

O.o Thank you for giving me these guys

1EIwX.png

Stupid x2 thing is in the way.

I'm trying to show you guys that if you're ever in a bind on this chapter, Marcus can whip out the Silver for a kill (providing he hits)

cgnpx.png

D'OH I MISSED

He got HP, Strength and Speed. Acceptable.

QBs5E.png

I should turn the combat window on detailed

Nobody really does shit all to this boss except for Marcus, Lance is doubling for 8 total damage here with a strength and speed proc, and his 2HKO'd back. Weaken him with Marcus and finish with whomever you'd like.

UNIT         LEVEL   HP ST SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL
ROY          02.01   18 05 05 07 08 05 00 D SWORD
MARCUS    ??/01.31   32 09 14 11 10 09 08 A LANCE D SWORD E AXE
ALAN         02.38   22 07 04 07 04 07 00 D LANCE E SWORD
BORS         02.21   21 08 04 04 04 11 00 C LANCE
LANCE        03.12   21 06 08 10 03 07 00 D LANCE E SWORD

All credit on the text itself goes to Shin (Parco Folgore), he offered to insert some comedic relief into the story of FE6. Some of the jokes are rather amusing!

More amusing than my commentary will be anyhow, I'm not as comical as he is.

Also note that I haven't read any of his adaptation yet either, aside from a select few scenes!

[spoiler=Chapter 1 - "Plot&quot]r9ngz.png

PPvXt.png

K99q6.png

O.O

YGHQv.png

"The girl that would be my daughter... She gets taken away by this boy that appears later. ...A boy with red hair! Yes, it was red, I’m sure of it."

I don't think Eliwood was the man Hector was referring to...

UsoH7.png

Even more worthless than you were!

2GfHl.png

That's why Roy's strength growth sucks!

KRGcR.pngNHA9e.png

Dnrkl.png

... well done Merlinus

HRcBy.png --> K6iuw.png

7xFE6.png

:facepalm:

NlX7l.pngF2NVp.png

cCuXM.png

Radiance = luck growth?

3dUt2.png

aren't we supposed to be saving Eliwood from the bandits?

**Seizes throne**

wEh6m.pnghGOPU.pnglhqst.png

objective failed

q4GOl.png

That might change in future chapters

kfVBZ.png3dNZR.png

yes, because Pherae is such a large and powerful nation

unless Eliwood means "military" to mean "marcus"

cbdpR.pngi2puF.png

its funny because roy sucks

IYG38.png

lZsS0.png

Eliwood laying down the beaks

2OIsd.pngM5e4U.png

Hey Roy, you would be soo much better if we could kill you off every chapter and you'd just reincarnate in the next

evO9F.pngEJOhZ.pngGIIY4.png

Will Roy keep his promise to Lilina? Find out in chapter 2!

(hint: no)

also new poll

Edited by General Horace

Witout further ado, chapter 2

[spoiler=Chapter 2 - Gameplay]General Notes: I find this chapter to be much easier than the first, as the only part of the level with any enemy density is handled by camping on forts, which more or less makes you invincible, especially someone like Dieck.

The Armourslayer really kicks ass early on in this game, make sure to take advantage of it

JzLqt.png

The reincarnating magic wagon that stores your items! Even when you don't deploy him!

R6MH3.png

Low base magic, high magic growth, high speed base, low speed growth :/

She also has some bad durability issues, with her 45%HP/5% defence not helping much in that regard. Most magic users have utter shit for durability though, so it's not hard to overlook.

8zElN.png

the storage works Cam, sorry to burst your bubble :/

UctkR.png

Since Merlinus is a useless lump, have him go shopping and visit the villages

hYJQi.png

A boss that has bad hit and a weakness to an effective weapon. Easy.

FfAUk.png

Soldiers aren't as lol as they are in FE7/8, they just have a buttload of strength and HP, which makes them tough to ORKO without WTA

2apsc.png

Bors isn't off as bad here, as he's not doubled by the soldiers, and has decent base defence to take hits from them. He's pretty ok in the first few turns of next chapter as well.

stsmm.png

His high skill is quite nice, and he has decent bases all around. His growths leave something to be desired, though. Great early on, has doubling issues later.

k8nbX.png

Awful combat, pretty good utility. Very poor defensive growths. She can have ok combat in the isle's if early promoted (well, she doubles with WTA anyway)

s3Wql.png

Poor skill and speed hurts him quite a bit. Useful for smashing loldier's early on.

TGAoD.png

He has speed issues, and strength issues, and skill issues. If he gets promoted, he's fairly bulky though, and can use bows for higher damage output against flying dudes.

yoFkz.png

Basic items. Pick up some of each (except bows, since they last forever on Wolt) and continue on.

mApFB.png

Said forts that make this chapter a joke.

O7sgP.png

I am saddened that Ward has less hit than his opponent despite him being on a fort. Anyway, even Ward with his poor defence is 3HKO'd at bad hitrates that get worse when he's facing a lance guy

yPmnO.png

kind of like Dieck facing an axe guy

ujGss.png

this is a bad screenshot, but you'll want to use Marcus/Alan/Lance to bring Roy/Ellen/whoever closer to the action quicker, for exp/survivability, otherwise they'll be left behind.

ZotTz.png

f28KA.png

I love FE6 growths, do you?

cd6Nw.png

"OH LOOK THAT BOSS IS AN ARMOUR KNIGHT LETS GO SMASH HIM"

cd6Nw.png

Hammers kind of suck against anything with terrain in FE6.

jlIxA.png

Dieck (and Marcus) both convienently ORKO the boss of this chapter at base with the armourslayer.

ipLq7.png

Wait, what?

sNlRf.png

5% defence growth what

Chapter 3 is significantly tougher, i'll have more to say there.

I'll add the rest in a bit, there are a LOT of screens, and i'm feeling kinda lazy.

Witout further ado, chapter 2

[spoiler=Chapter 2 - Gameplay]General Notes: I find this chapter to be much easier than the first, as the only part of the level with any enemy density is handled by camping on forts, which more or less makes you invincible, especially someone like Dieck.

The Armourslayer really kicks ass early on in this game, make sure to take advantage of it

JzLqt.png

The reincarnating magic wagon that stores your items! Even when you don't deploy him!

R6MH3.png

Low base magic, high magic growth, high speed base, low speed growth :/

She also has some bad durability issues, with her 45%HP/5% defence not helping much in that regard. Most magic users have utter shit for durability though, so it's not hard to overlook.

8zElN.png

the storage works Cam, sorry to burst your bubble :/

UctkR.png

Since Merlinus is a useless lump, have him go shopping and visit the villages

hYJQi.png

A boss that has bad hit and a weakness to an effective weapon. Easy.

FfAUk.png

Soldiers aren't as lol as they are in FE7/8, they just have a buttload of strength and HP, which makes them tough to ORKO without WTA

2apsc.png

Bors isn't off as bad here, as he's not doubled by the soldiers, and has decent base defence to take hits from them. He's pretty ok in the first few turns of next chapter as well.

stsmm.png

His high skill is quite nice, and he has decent bases all around. His growths leave something to be desired, though. Great early on, has doubling issues later.

k8nbX.png

Awful combat, pretty good utility. Very poor defensive growths. She can have ok combat in the isle's if early promoted (well, she doubles with WTA anyway)

s3Wql.png

Poor skill and speed hurts him quite a bit. Useful for smashing loldier's early on.

TGAoD.png

He has speed issues, and strength issues, and skill issues. If he gets promoted, he's fairly bulky though, and can use bows for higher damage output against flying dudes.

yoFkz.png

Basic items. Pick up some of each (except bows, since they last forever on Wolt) and continue on.

mApFB.png

Said forts that make this chapter a joke.

O7sgP.png

I am saddened that Ward has less hit than his opponent despite him being on a fort. Anyway, even Ward with his poor defence is 3HKO'd at bad hitrates that get worse when he's facing a lance guy

yPmnO.png

kind of like Dieck facing an axe guy

ujGss.png

this is a bad screenshot, but you'll want to use Marcus/Alan/Lance to bring Roy/Ellen/whoever closer to the action quicker, for exp/survivability, otherwise they'll be left behind.

ZotTz.png

f28KA.png

I love FE6 growths, do you?

cd6Nw.png

"OH LOOK THAT BOSS IS AN ARMOUR KNIGHT LETS GO SMASH HIM"

cd6Nw.png

Hammers kind of suck against anything with terrain in FE6.

jlIxA.png

Dieck (and Marcus) both convienently ORKO the boss of this chapter at base with the armourslayer.

ipLq7.png

Wait, what?

sNlRf.png

5% defence growth what

Chapter 3 is significantly tougher, i'll have more to say there.

I'll add the rest in a bit, there are a LOT of screens, and i'm feeling kinda lazy.

That's not the Storage Bug.

The storage bug is, by my own personal experience with this shit, a bug that occurs when you end a chapter with an item in storage, the following chapter will not load, requiring you to reload the save, whereupon you find your storage is gone and a dummy character dumped in your army who will crash the game.

If you don't have that, you could have the Fa bug, where her animation can and WILL freeze the game just as she's gearing up to transform into her Divine Dragon form.

If you don't have the Fa bug, You could have the broken promotion bug, that is whenever you attempt to promote any class, the game will freeze up and die because why not.

If you don't have the promotion bug, you could have the W.LV bug, which freezes whenever you level up a weapon.