Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like OMGUSing right off the bat

Sounds like jealousy right off the bat. I mean, I know you can't help your inferior level of raw sexuality, and you're probably one of those brainwashed law route adherents, but still... sheesh. Pull yourself together. :tangerinedry:

Straight talk? I was posting that at around the same time you were, and had myself a jolly chuckle after I hit submit and saw that we'd crossed votes, just knowing someone might use it as an excuse to jump me. In all honesty, I welcome the attack if that's one of the factors it takes to propel this game out of RVS. Go ahead, look for some deeper meaning in there than "this will totes draw a laugh or two, let's do it".

Speaking of RVS, getting out of it, and deeper meaning: I have nothing but disdain for

Am I in time for #RVS? ##Vote:The Wife #AwesomeUsernameBro

"Am I in time or RVS?" AKA, "I want to make a silly vote that can't be held against me for the purpose of making it look like I'm contributing, but without actually having to. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure if it's still socially acceptable to do so, so I shall preface it with this disclaimer. This plan can't possibly fail."

I want you to step up your game and actually make some valid contributions.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Twitter Famous

I was asking that question to Kenji (meant to say serious COMMENT)

but ##Unvote, ##Vote: Lucifer's #1 Fangirl

Firstly there seems to be the thought given to the crossvoting and how people would attack her for it seems kind of self-conscious. Secondly I don't really care for the Twitter Famous vote; not seeing how a bunch of 'stop spamming do something useful' votes on Death are contributing so much more than TF's vote. And some people have fun joking around in RVS; the scum intent that Fangirl's trying to portray seems pretty contrived to me.

Death seems to just enjoy being an ass; my guess would have been that he goes by the username Darkninjaabc on the forum Maidens of the Kaleidoscope if not for the fact that he seems well-versed in recent Serenes Forest in-jokes.

Lucifer, why is Twitter Famous a worse offender for having a weak vote than other players? I made my entrance even later than him, and I only made an RVS vote myself. I also think the RVS comment isn't telling of alignment; some players like Cam and Shin complain regularly when they miss that stage of the game, so why are Twitter's actions scum-motivated?

Deathbound, while I'm in an agreement that it wasn't a spectacular vote, what sort of vote should have been made? At this stage in the game I don't see anything particularly wrong with a vote like that, and it doesn't feel like too much of a stretch at this point. I don't believe that L1F's actions have been scummy at this stage.

Figuring out your identities is more interesting than finding scum at this stage in the game, to be perfectly honest.

If the vote had just been like "hey contribute please" like the last few votes against Death, I probably would have been cool with it in the same way as those votes. But there seems to be too much of an effort to ascribe a scum intent to something that seems pretty innocuous to me. And also, the amount of thought given to the cross-voting seems self-conscious.

It's not super scummy but it's the best I've got atm (which is probably going to be Fangirl's response >_>)

I have already ascertained the identity of one player. :B):

Deathbound's case is sheepable ##Unvote, ##Vote: Lucifer although Death does need to do something other than shitpost before the end of the phase

Figuring out your identities is more interesting than finding scum at this stage in the game, to be perfectly honest.

Go to bed Prims

Lucifer, why is Twitter Famous a worse offender for having a weak vote than other players? I made my entrance even later than him, and I only made an RVS vote myself. I also think the RVS comment isn't telling of alignment; some players like Cam and Shin complain regularly when they miss that stage of the game, so why are Twitter's actions scum-motivated?

Deathbound, while I'm in an agreement that it wasn't a spectacular vote, what sort of vote should have been made? At this stage in the game I don't see anything particularly wrong with a vote like that, and it doesn't feel like too much of a stretch at this point. I don't believe that L1F's actions have been scummy at this stage.

I consider Twitter a worse offender because of the attempt at pre-emptive deflection. Defending after you're attacked is fine, or just making a plain jane no-nonsense vote is okay, but with what happened there, the window of possibilities opens up a little more, and I didn't like one of the ways to read into that move. Could be overthinking things, yeah, but I'll never really know how until I see some more #hashtag #content coming out from them, and puting a serious vote helps spur that forward, especially in the early game when things need to develop.

I honestly don't mind so much being voted myself, as that's a good way to not only force me to keep up with being a useful and productive member, but it helps seed some of the first basic backs and forths, drawing out some foundations of future interaction and an opportunity for cross-references. Honestly, I consider the situation a win-win.

If the vote had just been like "hey contribute please" like the last few votes against Death, I probably would have been cool with it in the same way as those votes. But there seems to be too much of an effort to ascribe a scum intent to something that seems pretty innocuous to me. And also, the amount of thought given to the cross-voting seems self-conscious.

It's not super scummy but it's the best I've got atm (which is probably going to be Fangirl's response >_>)

First: "Hey contribute" votes don't get shit done. Second: See above for a little elaboration. I'm not claiming this is a solid, foolproof, #must_lynch case by any means. Maybe you're getting thrown by the style I peresnted in, with my over-the-top, long-sentence-biting-jabs?

I'm honestly not sure I understand the press you're being given over being "self-conscious" though? Could you elaborate more on how that's rustling your jimmies if it's still a sticking point for you? It was intended to be a humorous display of irony.

Also, it's super sloppy to say things like "their response is probably going to be X". Like, calling out things like that just makes you super easy to placate, and provides potential outs. A little FYI, some tips and tricks. It won't help you rise to the level of my darling Morning Star, but maybe you can get a little closer with it, ya?

I was aware it provided a potential out but was also aware that an easy response to the clarification of my vote would be "but couldn't Fangirl say the same" and also wanted to see whether you would take the out as it was offered to you or say something else. I agree that "Hey contribute" would probably not have advanced the game state much, but I don't think that stretching a point beyond where it's valid is a correct way of advancing the game state. That's the sort of stuff that allows scum to get out of scummy stuff by saying "I was pulling a reaction test".

I don't really see "Am I in time for RVS" as a pre-emptive attempt at deflection so much as a "hey cool" type of statement.

My issue about you being self-conscious is this- why is your first thought after making a vote about the ways in which people could perceive it to be scummy?

I have solid guesses for five players so far, including you. I'm almost certain that you are Manix.

L1F is a townie tryharding in my eyes, due to the active interest to end RVS and the general tone of his posts. I don't think Deathbound is scummy for pressing him, but I feel as if he is barking up the wrong tree. On the other hand...

##Unvote

##Vote: Red Eye

I also feel like calling the case "sheepable" is incredibly lazy. What parts of the case did you agree with and why? Don't you have anything to add to it or any questions to ask? Something about how he dropped his Death vote also makes me uncomfortable, but I'm struggling to figure out why that is at this moment in time.

But it was a #preemptive attempt at #deflection just in case my #jokevote wasn't accepted. Props to #Fangirl because if anyone was self-conscious it was me.

@Deathbound: For someone making a case against someone trying too hard to imply scum intent in another's post, you're pretty much doing the exact same thing, no?

##Unvote

##Vote:Red Eye

That was a silly sheep. Someone's got to take something over seriously in order to get out of RVS, otherwise we get nowhere.

My issue about you being self-conscious is this- why is your first thought after making a vote about the ways in which people could perceive it to be scummy?

Oh. I see what you're doing here. You're spinning my words. I like that, very Chaos of you. But that's only useful insofar as it serves to drag out the truth in games of mafia. You're missing the point that my primary reaction was mirth. You go in, and make a similar timed cross-post that's a natural reaction, "ha, what are the odds." Then, this being mafia, and being used to folks grasping at straws, especially early game, it's a sort of "I wonder when the cries of omgus will come up". I literally have no other defense for you because I guess that's just the way my mind works. But hey, anon games and attempting meta can go rot with the messians, so I'm not even going to bother.

Though you've honestly got me curious. Would that thought never have crossed your mind? What goes through your head when you accidentally cross votes with someone?

Lucy's posts aren't how townies tryhard, he's writing walls of bullshit that I don't want to read

Twitter Famous is a bad user and a hypocrite

This.

Though to be fair as I was making my post, yours didn't exist. So I wasn't actually sheeping you.

what

More specific questions work better. That little thing that pops up and says "Show __ more replies" didn't show up so I hadn't seen your post. And I was agreeing with what you said about L#1FG's posting style. That whole paragraph in response to Deathbound could be cut down to like a sentence and it'd say the same thing.

sounds like OMGUSing right off the bat

Are you serious.

Straight talk? I was posting that at around the same time you were, and had myself a jolly chuckle after I hit submit and saw that we'd crossed votes, just knowing someone might use it as an excuse to jump me. In all honesty, I welcome the attack if that's one of the factors it takes to propel this game out of RVS. Go ahead, look for some deeper meaning in there than "this will totes draw a laugh or two, let's do it".

"Am I in time or RVS?" AKA, "I want to make a silly vote that can't be held against me for the purpose of making it look like I'm contributing, but without actually having to. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure if it's still socially acceptable to do so, so I shall preface it with this disclaimer. This plan can't possibly fail."

I want you to step up your game and actually make some valid contributions.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Twitter Famous

Is Kenji scum.

Your Twitter Famous vote sucks. How does their content stand out above others to you.

but ##Unvote, ##Vote: Lucifer's #1 Fangirl

Firstly there seems to be the thought given to the crossvoting and how people would attack her for it seems kind of self-conscious. Secondly I don't really care for the Twitter Famous vote; not seeing how a bunch of 'stop spamming do something useful' votes on Death are contributing so much more than TF's vote. And some people have fun joking around in RVS; the scum intent that Fangirl's trying to portray seems pretty contrived to me.

It's self-conscious. Now why is that scummy?

Lucifer's #1 Fangirl, why is Twitter Famous a worse offender for having a weak vote than other players? I made my entrance even later than him, and I only made an RVS vote myself. I also think the RVS comment isn't telling of alignment; some players like Cam and Shin complain regularly when they miss that stage of the game, so why are Twitter's actions scum-motivated?

Calls out the fangirl on a forced vote, then complains about other people who find that scummy. If fangirl's vote was fine, then Deathbound's should be as well by the same reasoning. Stop fencesitting.

##Unvote

##Vote: Scum Goon

Besides the self-conscious portion, this is a good case by Townbound.

I consider Twitter a worse offender because of the attempt at pre-emptive deflection. Defending after you're attacked is fine, or just making a plain jane no-nonsense vote is okay, but with what happened there, the window of possibilities opens up a little more, and I didn't like one of the ways to read into that move. Could be overthinking things, yeah, but I'll never really know how until I see some more #hashtag #content coming out from them, and puting a serious vote helps spur that forward, especially in the early game when things need to develop.

I honestly don't mind so much being voted myself, as that's a good way to not only force me to keep up with being a useful and productive member, but it helps seed some of the first basic backs and forths, drawing out some foundations of future interaction and an opportunity for cross-references. Honestly, I consider the situation a win-win.

First: "Hey contribute" votes don't get shit done. Second: See above for a little elaboration. I'm not claiming this is a solid, foolproof, #must_lynch case by any means. Maybe you're getting thrown by the style I peresnted in, with my over-the-top, long-sentence-biting-jabs?

Reasonable explanation of your Twitter vote (including why Twitter is worse than Death.. and why you explained your vote so much). Would not vote the fangirl.

Bolded is a townslip.

I was aware it provided a potential out but was also aware that an easy response to the clarification of my vote would be "but couldn't Fangirl say the same" and also wanted to see whether you would take the out as it was offered to you or say something else. I agree that "Hey contribute" would probably not have advanced the game state much, but I don't think that stretching a point beyond where it's valid is a correct way of advancing the game state. That's the sort of stuff that allows scum to get out of scummy stuff by saying "I was pulling a reaction test".

What do you think about fangirl saying she wouldn't mind people voting her? Do you think that could come from scum and if so, why?

L1F is a townie tryharding in my eyes, due to the active interest to end RVS and the general tone of his posts. I don't think Deathbound is scummy for pressing him, but I feel as if he is barking up the wrong tree. On the other hand...

##Unvote

##Vote: Red Eye

I also feel like calling the case "sheepable" is incredibly lazy. What parts of the case did you agree with and why? Don't you have anything to add to it or any questions to ask? Something about how he dropped his Death vote also makes me uncomfortable, but I'm struggling to figure out why that is at this moment in time.

Sheeping isn't scummy.

@Deathbound: For someone making a case against someone trying too hard to imply scum intent in another's post, you're pretty much doing the exact same thing, no?

##Unvote

##Vote:Red Eye

That was a silly sheep. Someone's got to take something over seriously in order to get out of RVS, otherwise we get nowhere.

Is Deathbound scum. Is Lucifer scum. Why do you have no opinions here.

"Sheeping the vote on the sheeper"- Scum Famous

Oh. I see what you're doing here. You're spinning my words. I like that, very Chaos of you. But that's only useful insofar as it serves to drag out the truth in games of mafia. You're missing the point that my primary reaction was mirth. You go in, and make a similar timed cross-post that's a natural reaction, "ha, what are the odds." Then, this being mafia, and being used to folks grasping at straws, especially early game, it's a sort of "I wonder when the cries of omgus will come up". I literally have no other defense for you because I guess that's just the way my mind works. But hey, anon games and attempting meta can go rot with the messians, so I'm not even going to bother.

Though you've honestly got me curious. Would that thought never have crossed your mind? What goes through your head when you accidentally cross votes with someone?

What is the point of this post.

This.

Though to be fair as I was making my post, yours didn't exist. So I wasn't actually sheeping you.

Why are you justifying yourself to your scumread.

##Unvote

##Vote: Twitter_Famous