Seliph Unique Class

quasimopho13

Anybody think it'd be cool if they gave Seliph his own class separate from Sigurd's? I think it'd be sweet if they gave him a Lord version of the mage fighter/mage knight class, but with only swords and light magic. When he promotes, he can get a pony. He would primarily use swords, since his magic growth is around 30%. However, they could incentivize magic use by giving him rezire as a means of recovering life. I think this class would be sweet as it would reflect that Seliph is a child of both Sigurd and Deidre through his use of swords and light magic. It would also shake things up from the typical fe lord.

Edited by quasimopho13

It'd be neat, but I always thought him being the same class as Sigurd was kind of the point. Him following in his father's footsteps and whatnot.

Seliph, Julia and Julius seem to be intended to parallel Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis to some extent (at least in terms of their classes and designs) so I kinda think it works the way it is.

Your suggestion isn't a bad one, it's just that I think they were kinda going for something with the way it's done in the official game. It's not just them being lazy. (At least, I kinda doubt it is)

Edited by Starlight36

not gonna lie, fe13 sold me on the idea of seliph being swordmaster-esque instead of just being another knight lord, and arguably it's very well justified in fe4's text. think about it: shanan was his teacher and seliph always idolised him, and even as he prepares to take the grannvale throne he affirms that he'll always consider isaach to be his real home. i can totally see him, owing to his deep respect for both shanan and the culture he grew up in, favouring isaachian-style combat. ergo, blade lord

when seliph's dlc was first announced i swore the decision to make him a swordmaster was really baffling and kind of CHARACTER-RUINING. now, though, i wouldn't have it any other way. funnily enough, every other opinion i've had about fe13 went about things the other way around :P

Edited by bookofholsety

It'd be neat, but I always thought him being the same class as Sigurd was kind of the point. Him following in his father's footsteps and whatnot.

Seliph, Julia and Julius seem to be intended to parallel Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis to some extent (at least in terms of their classes and designs) so I kinda think it works the way it is.

Your suggestion isn't a bad one, it's just that I think they were kinda going for something with the way it's done in the official game. It's not just them being lazy. (At least, I kinda doubt it is)

I see your point. However, Alvis and Julius are nothing alike other than in appearance. Alvis doesn't go around raiding kindergarten classrooms so that satan can drink their blood. In fact, Alvis tries to prevent exactly that.

I see your point. However, Alvis and Julius are nothing alike other than in appearance.

Bolding mine.

What if he was like a more typical paladin of other games. Swords and light magic.... come to think of it, I can't name a class that uses that kind of weapon combination.

Call it a Crusader, that's the perfect name for a mixed Light magic user.

Although Seliph is technically already his own class seeing as he can dismount while Sigurd can't :P

not gonna lie, fe13 sold me on the idea of seliph being swordmaster-esque instead of just being another knight lord, and arguably it's very well justified in fe4's text. think about it: shanan was his teacher and seliph always idolised him, and even as he prepares to take the grannvale throne he affirms that he'll always consider isaach to be his real home. i can totally see him, owing to his deep respect for both shanan and the culture he grew up in, favouring isaachian-style combat. ergo, blade lord

when seliph's dlc was first announced i swore the decision to make him a swordmaster was really baffling and kind of CHARACTER-RUINING. now, though, i wouldn't have it any other way. funnily enough, every other opinion i've had about fe13 went about things the other way around :P

But then Seliph would be on foot. In FE4. Fuck outta here.

Call it a Crusader, that's the perfect name for a mixed Light magic user.

Although Seliph is technically already his own class seeing as he can dismount while Sigurd can't :P

Jugdral isn't ready for a dismounted Sigurd. His horse holds him back.

But then Seliph would be on foot. In FE4. Fuck outta here.

give him (and the other swordmasters) a more respectable 8 move, and throw in a quick bullshit excuse about how ISAACHIANS HAVE GREATER STAMINA ON FOOT. boom, problem solved

give him (and the other swordmasters) a more respectable 8 move, and throw in a quick bullshit excuse about how ISAACHIANS HAVE GREATER STAMINA ON FOOT. boom, problem solved

But dat Kill-Seize on the same turn though ;~;

What if he was like a more typical paladin of other games. Swords and light magic.... come to think of it, I can't name a class that uses that kind of weapon combination.

Master Knights say hello.