Everyone Is Mafia Mafia 3.1

SB.

Tbh I liked all the roles, the ones that targetted aliases made it so you still had to be cautious and didn't matter too much in the long run anyway, as has been pointed out and self-serving roles aren't too bad so long as they're not over the top (commute for two nights is a little ridiculous though).

Only thing I'd say is that people should try grouping with people they don't group up with every game just for a change.

Am actually trying to figure how I'd go about doing so.

There's generally an element of trust that's required for working super closely, so it's kind of hard to say "hey random person let's try to win together plz trust me."

Like even if I work very hard not to betray someone, I'm not sure how much I'd trust them with (this is also how I've played in both games, sooo). Like I try hard to be trustworthy but it's harder to be completely trusting.

Actually I just had an idea for an EIMM thing to accomplish that

Pair players up, and have it so that if either "wins" they both win, and still allow the last 2-3 players alive to joint

and like, try to have pairs composed of people that aren't already close

I might be interested in hosting such a game...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am actually trying to figure how I'd go about doing so.

There's generally an element of trust that's required for working super closely, so it's kind of hard to say "hey random person let's try to win together plz trust me."

Like even if I work very hard not to betray someone, I'm not sure how much I'd trust them with (this is also how I've played in both games, sooo). Like I try hard to be trustworthy but it's harder to be completely trusting.

Actually I just had an idea for an EIMM thing to accomplish that

Pair players up, and have it so that if either "wins" they both win, and still allow the last 2-3 players alive to joint

and like, try to have pairs composed of people that aren't already close

I might be interested in hosting such a game...

°O°

yesyesyes this sounds fantastic

NEW FRIENDS

i figure the best strategy for these games is to sit out around and do nothing for the whole game actually.

the best strategy is to convince people to shoot people using the strategy you suggest instead of shooting you

it's worked very well for me both games

I can understand being shy and only wanting to work with your friends (this is a position I am very familiar with being in, and actually I've been nervous about talking to people I don't talk to much/at all even within the most recent EIMM) but it works much better if you just jump in and work with the discomfort.

I made that transition most of the way through last game and it's honestly a lot more fun to talk to people, even if you're not, like, pulling strings or "taking charge."

A gimmick that involved seeking out people whose role PMs have some certain info (a keyword or something) that makes both of you more powerful when you both identify the other one might also be fun, and encourage seeking other people out as well.

meh it took like an hour for me to decide whether to pm refa or not because of anxiety in the 3.0. I'm not good working with people I don't know well and i wasn't even planning to work with refa. Had the same problem with about almost everyone else i contacted.

meh it took like an hour for me to decide whether to pm refa or not because of anxiety in the 3.0. I'm not good working with people I don't know well and i wasn't even planning to work with refa. Had the same problem with about almost everyone else i contacted.

Exactly. This is my experience exactly.

e: obviously it's gotten better, but it's still not ~super easy~

imo you should try to find someone you feel comfortable working with and trust, and see about them helping you find other people to talk to.

Edited by Euklyd

#powo

not entirely non-catchy

would prefer "more mafia more fun" but that's just me

#mmmf is also less catchy

EIMM overload!

I tell myself that I'd want to wait to see the rules first before joining, but I know that I'd just join basically no matter what.

Probably even if the first rule was "there is a random 50% chance for any given player to be redirected to Euklyd"