Fire Emblem Awakening Draft! Classic Hard Mode!

Popers1328

Post /in
If you want to compete

-Popers1328
-Blaze The Great
-Fluffysheep1

Draft
Draft will be done three players in snake style. 124321123.... Until the are no more characters
You will only be allowed to draft characters from the main campaign. Each group will take turns drafting characters, reversing the order when all four have the same number of draftees. Characters from Endgame Paralogues, Spotpass, Streetpass, and DLC are not allowed to be used.

Each challenger will be able to use Chrom, Avatar, Frederick, Donnel, Anna, Lucina, Morgan, and Tiki
When you draft a mother, you also draft her child
You must recruit drafted members
Recruiting nondrafted members is optional unless it results in a Game Over
Once you have chosen a character, please message the next challenger nicely
There will be a 1-hour waiting period before I will randomly assign a character to the next player

Hard Classic Mode
Each challenger must keep a log that includes at least: chapter turn count, total turn count, and penalties gained per chapter

You are only allowed to use characters you have drafted + The previously mentioned 8.
Using undrafted characters in battle will result in a penalty (see below for penalty table)
You are allowed to move or trade with undrafted characters

Menu

You are not allowed to participate in the following battles: Outrealms, Spotpass, Skirmishes, Streetpass
You can dismiss Streetpass battles
You must wait for Skirmishes to disappear

You are not allowed to use items from the following places: Outrealms, Spotpass, Skirmishes, Streetpass

Paralogues
The following Paralogues are mandatory and must be completed within 2 chapters that they appear. Their penalties and bonuses are listed in a table below. All children paralogues are optional.

Paralogue 1: Sickle to the Sword
Paralogue 2: The Secret Seller
Paralogue 3: A Strangled Peace
Paralogue 4: Anna the Merchant
Paralogue 17: The Threat of Silence

Classes

You are allowed to use Second Seals and Master Seals

Penalties
Action Bonus/Penalties
Undrafted unit participates in a battle +5 turns
Undrafted unit dies in a battle +5 turns
Undrafted unit paired with Drafted unit +5 turns/round
Undrafted unit participates in a battle while paired with Drafted unit +10 turns
Undrafted unit defeats an enemy +10 turns
Donnel is recruited in Paralogue 1 -5 turns
Anna survives in Paralogue 2 -5 turns
Villagers survive in Paralgoue 3 -5 turns/villager
Anna survives in Paralogue 4 -5 turns
Tiki survives in Paralogue 17 -5 turns
Drafted unit dies +3 turns
Chapter reset +5 turn
Avatar S-ranks with Chrom +20 turns

Edited by Popers1328

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters for Draft:
Lissa - Owain
Sully - Kjelle
Virion
Stahl
Vaike
Miriel - Laurent
Sumia - Cynthia
Kellam
Lon'qu
Ricken
Maribelle - Brady
Panne - Yarne
Gaius
Cordelia - Severa
Gregor
Nowi - Nah
Libra
Tharja - Noire
Olivia - Inigo
Cherche - Gerome
Henry
Say'ri
Basilio
Flavia

Edited by Popers1328

Because in the Draft subforum (which this topic should be in since it's a draft), Dancers are free for all participants. Frederick is also free for everyone in most cases, although whether or not he is allowed to marry a drafted unit is up to the person who started the draft.

Because in the Draft subforum (which this topic should be in since it's a draft), Dancers are free for all participants. Frederick is also free for everyone in most cases, although whether or not he is allowed to marry a drafted unit is up to the person who started the draft.

Ok, but it still seems more logical to me that Olivia should be drafted like other units.

Or I can do my own thing and not care

I'll let the mods deal with the location cause not my job. More imporatntly look at the sample rule sets. They are a lot more concise and to the point. And quite frankly make more sense. For example, keeping donnel alive isn't hard to do and it can easily result in his paralouge resulting in a 0 or -1 tc for whoever doesn't draft him. But since it's mandatory that you recruit him if you draft him, you can't ignore him like everyone else and you are put at a disadvantage. It's the same situation with tiki, it is difficult to get tiki in a draft context purely from a number standpoint. But whoever has to draft her has to actually go through the trouble of keeping her alive which again puts them at a disadvantage. Also your penalties are self contradictory, you have different penalties for undrafted units dying.

Undrafted unit dies +1 turn

Undrafted unit dies in a battle +10 turns

Personal feelings on draftable olivia

I don't actually have a huge problem with draftable Olivia predominately because rescue staves have a significantly larger impact on strats and while she helps she isn't as big a game changer as previous dancers, the most impactful chapter I can think of is 19.

Frederick on the other hand should be free. Otherwise somebody just pretty much auto wins.

I'll let the mods deal with the location cause not my job. More imporatntly look at the sample rule sets. They are a lot more concise and to the point. And quite frankly make more sense. For example, keeping donnel alive isn't hard to do and it can easily result in his paralouge resulting in a 0 or -1 tc for whoever doesn't draft him. But since it's mandatory that you recruit him if you draft him, you can't ignore him like everyone else and you are put at a disadvantage. It's the same situation with tiki, it is difficult to get tiki in a draft context purely from a number standpoint. But whoever has to draft her has to actually go through the trouble of keeping her alive which again puts them at a disadvantage. Also your penalties are self contradictory, you have different penalties for undrafted units dying.

Undrafted unit dies +1 turn

Undrafted unit dies in a battle +10 turns

Personal feelings on draftable olivia

I don't actually have a huge problem with draftable Olivia predominately because rescue staves have a significantly larger impact on strats and while she helps she isn't as big a game changer as

previous dancers, the most impactful chapter I can think of is 19.

Frederick on the other hand should be free. Otherwise somebody just pretty much auto wins.

Nice catch on the double undrafted unit dies penalty. Thanks.

Noooo, please join!! It seems like the draft will be pretty slow-paced anyways.

And I'm like 1000% sure I'm going to take the most possible turns, since I'm so used to boss abusing and staff abusing for experience lol

Btw can we change the start time to 4 PM tomorrow? I'm busy until then.

So still central time right. That would be about an hour after this post