Clock Abuse Tutorial

Meteor

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I set the time at the same time that my watch has at the moment of a new minute. Then each time new RNs are set, I look at the watch. If the time is good, I record it. When I use it, I just set the time on my DS in such a way that I know what time it is. When the time comes, I set the RNs.

The 5 I assume you're referring to is the 00:05 notation in the first post. All that means is that you should set your DS's clock to that time (5 minutes past midnight). If you follow the steps, you should be able to get it right.

Edited by Meteor

• 4 weeks later...

BTW,change that to 6 consecutive Res up's.

Edit:the 22:37 time has a Str RN of less than 40,and Quanchino's 9:24 time has a def RN of less than 20, both of these were tested with Merc!Ogma.

Edited by Ether

• 2 weeks later...

For the 00:05 time, I had Fighter Bord gain speed at starting level (I was able to repeat this), so the speed RN is 10 or lower.

Also, for the same time, I've managed to hit with a 70% hit rate before.

EDIT: After missing with a 69 hit rate, I can confirm that 70 is indeed the lowest displayed hit rate with which you can hit the enemy.

So, in actuality, the 00:05 time is [40, 10, ?, 55, 10, 25, 5, 20] 70% hit.

Also, this is just a theory, but since Devil weapons require one extra RN to determine whether you hurt yourself, perhaps using one in conjunction with a time may cause each RN to shift down a step; for example, the 00:05 time would become [10, ?, 55, 10, 25, 5, 20, ?]. When I tested this with Fighter!Barst, he leveled up HP, SKL, SPD, LCK, and DEF, which looks about right. This trick (if true), however, probably will not be very helpful most of the time, except in some very situational moments, but it may just be helpful in a pinch. Anyone else want to give the Devil weapons a try?

Edited by 4in1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

8/27/2009 03:31

HP: <35

Str: 11-20

Skl: <30

Crits with 1% chance <-

Some more bangin' times:

08/27/2009 03:06

HP: <15

Str: 25

Mag: --

Skl: 60 (not so bad; Caeda, TA sisters and a few others hit it)

Spd: <15

Lck: 11-25

Def: <5

Res: <2

08/27/2009 04:31

Str: <10

Spd: 26-60

Def: <10

Res: <5

Currently looking for HP/Mag/Lck/Def with Cleric Catria. :\ Getting a good Mag+Def time will help the characters who can gain Mag and Def together immensely.

edit: Still looking, but here's a Palla-friendly +6.

08/27/2009 08:11

Str: 15

Spd: 16-25

Lck: <10

Def: 5

~Uiru

Edited by Uiru

• 2 weeks later...

Ether, thanks for your revisions. (Added)

4in1, I have used that time with Bord many times as well, yet never was able to gain speed. Very strange.... You are correct about shifting RNs; you could also see this if you kill a character with a death quote.

Uiru, Wow! Those are some incredibly good finds. Thank you! (Added)

For the 8:11 time, you've got the ? in the wrong place. Should be 10/5/?, not ?/10/5.

Oh, and here's the Mag/Def time I found. It's not great, but it allows Catria to max all stats as four classes without any boosters other than a robe (which, technically, is only necessary to max HP as Dracoknight, so you can skip it if you want and just use her as Sniper, Paladin or Swordmaster).

08/27/2009 11:10

HP: 36-50

Mag: <10

Def: <5

~Uiru

Edited by Uiru

yeah man those are nice. most of the old times have high skl so the others are really helpful. that 1% crit btw is great. helped me out on a few chapter of my speed PT. something you also might want to put for that is the hit rate. it seems fairly really low as i think i've gotten it at like 66 before.

are any of you guys doing anything with the new times? any new teams? things have really died down...

@Uiru: Again, thanks for the contributions. I added your latest date/time, and corrected my typo. I'm surprised there was only one, considering I updated at 3:00 AM.

@geradgerard: I haven't done a thing for the last couple months. It started to affect my school work so I had to stop. Now that I've been so long without it, I have no motivation to resume. The time necessary to finish a team is no encouragement.

you know, meteor. i've never actually seen your other teams. i've only fought your All the Kings team and i saw a vid where you changed two units to sniper and bishop. what are your other teams? or is it a secret!? O_O and you won't give out intel on the rest of your arsenal??

I wasn't hiding it, but no one asked. "All the Kings..." is my main team, and the Bishop/Sniper team was a variant because I could only have 35 maxed stats for that particular tourney. I have another modification where the fifth Horseman is swapped for a Sniper, though I never really use it. My fourth and final team was a product of my clock abuse testing, consisting of: Paladin, 2x Berserker, Horseman, Sorcerer (Dazzle). I made a few minor errors on that team, as it was my first attempt; notably my Sage having no supports.

oh cool.. seems like your a Class B kinda guy too... i finished my other team a while ago. and its 3 snips, draco, and sage. ima kinda more of a sniper or Class A kinda guy. now that i finished my latest H5 run i can concentrate on making my horsemen variant team. the only Class B character i have is one Beserker on my first team.. >_>

Ok well this clock abuse stuff makes no sense to me at all. I've been trying several times to getting this thing to work. So far, it's been pretty useless by far as I haven't been able to recreate ANYTHING of what you guys are getting. From that matter, I can't say that im still doing something wrong, but overall I just want to make sure I hve a few things clear:

-Are the times extremely precise or what? I mean, I clock in the right date and time, working it down into seconds, making sure I get the kill in while the times are still the same(usually save or suspend before I go or the kill).

-Are there any other variables that might change the RN's as far as actions go? Like movement? I've seen on the first post about the specific things giving a set amount of RN, but does that have to do with anything involving the stats as far as getting them as low as possible?

An example of what I did get was with the 00:05 time for +6 Frey on Cavalier!Abel. I set the time a minute before, and clocked it by seconds to reproduce the effect of getting +5 with Abel(one stat wasn't high enough). Instead, after the level up I still recieved +6 in my stats, an it confused the crap out of me. Previous times I had failed, and after finally clocking it to be exact and as close as possible, I receive +6 stats, which I totally didn't complain about, but the fact that the methods didn't reflect the results I was suppose to get. Maybe dynamics screwed with it a bit? Unsure of that, but still. As far as I can see, this is pretty damn hard to attempt to replicate, and some clarification on this would be excellent.

To me it just seems like there is something im not quite grasping as far as producing the right stats.

Edited by Doruken

Make sure you are doing the following:

1. Set the DS to autoplay games, so that you don't take extra time starting up the game after turning the DS back on.

2. After setting the time, you must back out with the buttons. The only time you should touch the power switch is when you're turning it back on.

3. Kill the enemy in one hit.

Those are the only things I can think of.

Make sure you are doing the following:

1. Set the DS to autoplay games, so that you don't take extra time starting up the game after turning the DS back on.

2. After setting the time, you must back out with the buttons. The only time you should touch the power switch is when you're turning it back on.

3. Kill the enemy in one hit.

Those are the only things I can think of.

Yea I di all that as the tutorial said. I guess it is still just my timing like Ether stated above. I was guessing that it was probably extremely tight on time as far as seconds go. Well, I'll keep trying I guess. Although maybe my Abel gaining +6 on the cavalier!frey time was just me finding a different time for him.

Oh, here's another thing: make sure you start from a suspend point; I've had map saves mess up my RNs before for some weird reason.

And are you using a DS lite?

As for timing, I've found it useful to mash B/A to back out rather than pressing each a single time. Also, the space between pressing A to turn the DS off and turning it back on may be shorter than you think; I had the problem of waiting too long to turn it on when I first started.

And I doubt that you found a new time for Abel. Abel only needs to miss SKL once for dynamics to kick it up to 55, so it's not at all unlikely.

Anyways, just keep trying. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually. ;)

@Doruken: It's hard to tell what your problem is just from text, but I think you might be waiting when you shouldn't be. I will try to post a video soon on the proper way to do it, but I'm currently in an arena chapter. Unlike six months ago, I don't have the persistence to grind for 800K in one sitting, but I'll try to have it done by the end of the week.

HUGE EDIT:

Lol ok. I finally figured it out after giving another try tonight. It was neither my speed, nor other circumstances that I thought to be possible problems. The actual problem was myself. I wasn't recreating the actual circumstance in order to get my required stats.

I started over with prologue 2 (decided to due a normal game to use easy abusing ad such for wifi). Using frey, I got him as close to 90 exp as possible (70 exp at the time after taking out the first lancer, and fighter). Then it hit me! I restarted the map and used able as a means to drop the others to low enough hp (using the jav that could double hit but with only 77% acc so I tested my luck). One jav hit. Round pass by, and the fighter gets owned by frey (70 exp). The lancer coming from the bottom right corner is but a few feet away. My turn again. I I use able again, relying on luck again. Only one jav hit, and boy was I happy as hell. Suspended then followed the steps again. Low and behold, after frey K.O'ed the lancer,immediate +6 spiked up. I had literally creamed my pants. I then restarted using able, who got the conseculative +5's, with a +6 every 2 lvls or so afterwards I guess due to dynamics.

Overall, I was overjoyed after figuring it out. I'll try and start finding times of my own as well to help further the cause now.

Edited by Doruken