Mapping Competition

Chocolate Kitty

"FoW and intermittent rain is in effect" =/= "state that it has rain and FoW".

Naturally it has rain and FoW, since it's the rules of the map. But I dont have to state since that's, yanno, double.

Edited by Fawful

I'm not changing jack.

It's a factor considered in the design of the map. As the enemy units you're defending against are cloaked, you as a designer have the freedom to decide how the player should be surprised by the enemy units.

Celice's response to the vagueness of that rule pretty much just says to think about rain and fog while you make your map.

^that could actually be a really interesting chapter if you're running around trying to seal the villages and all berfore the huge waves of enemies come. Then you just rush your ass back to the place(s) that are obligatory to defend and try to survive. Kinda a combination of your skill in offence and defense I guess.

Edited by deranger

I love how the arena is unaccessable for foot units without ferrying them over the cliffs XD.

I also really like the top-left portion of the map. The rest, not so much (though the coastline gets a honorable mention as well).

What's with the random village tile below the armoury?

And there's another one below the Gate.

Prime has them too. It's probably an oversite on both of our parts, not knowing what all properties are attached with every tile.

Prime has them too. It's probably an oversite on both of our parts, not knowing what all properties are attached with every tile.

I know the properties, but I decided I wanted it to look nice instead. The tiles are a good transition from road to grass IMO. Besides, since I don't really use any of my contest maps in ROM modding projects it doesn't really matter.