Tear Ring Saga Tier List

PuffPuff

I tried that, but the disc that was supposed to bypass the region lock wouldn't work.

Yeah, the Breaker Pro doesn't work for this game for some odd reason. I gave you a working method though, so I'm not sure why you didn't use it. All you need is a Playstation game (Chrono Cross disc 1, in my case), a sensor mod of some kind, and uLaunchELF. Works like a charm and it doesn't cost much (if anything).

As for the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm kind of confused how Lionel could be any lower than #3 overall. I can't seem to grasp the concept.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Breaker Pro doesn't work for this game for some odd reason. I gave you a working method though, so I'm not sure why you didn't use it. All you need is a Playstation game (Chrono Cross disc 1, in my case), a sensor mod of some kind, and uLaunchELF. Works like a charm and it doesn't cost much (if anything).

As for the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm kind of confused how Lionel could be any lower than #3 overall. I can't seem to grasp the concept.

Yeah, but it sounded difficult.

That and TRS and BS are my only PS/PS2 games.

Why should Lionel be that high? Because of Life or Death?

That's most of it, yeah. He quickly becomes ridiculous if you stock up on a bunch of Piluims (which you obviously should anyway). If he manages to take damage, he just becomes a killing machine. His movement growth isn't much, but it's still nice to have. I don't remember him ever having trouble keeping up with the others, at least.

He also gets full weapon triangle control after promoting, and by weapon triangle control I mean just swords, lances and axes. I'm not sure if you get any benefits from the equipped weapon (I always attack axe users with lances because those hit harder and more accurately, and I haven't noticed my evade going down because of it).

I wonder though, on each of my runs I always choose Narron and then Lionel. Is Lionel really worth never recruiting Lee, who is a mobile mage and healer? You kinda get enough healers anyway, and plenty of mages too eventually.

On that note, there are other characters who get Life or Death, the noteworthy ones being Zeke, Loffaru and Mintz, and all three of those start with it. There are also Meriah, Roger, Estelle and both armoured knights, so I guess those could evaluated more highly?

I don't think the Weapon Triangle works in this game. and Lionel is better off using Lances anyways, but if you want him to use Axes, then Master Axe would be perfect. With that weapon and the strength boost from Lyria's Power Staff, then he'll be taking out most enemies in 1-2 hits, which is great for Arena battles.

Also, the Life or Death skill can be taught to anyone that visits a certain house on Map 30.

Indeed, there is no weapon triangle, but the access to a wide selection of weapons is great regardless. The option to use swords to speed up and get various added effects or to use axes for the extra power can really be useful.