Rate the Unit, Day 12: Tauroneo

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Meg: 1.341

Leonardo: 2.531

Ilyana: 3.75

Aran: 4.926

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.875

Sothe: 8.938

Nolan: 9.069

Edited by PKL

Because his availability is so small, he would be best to use only to get the DB out of hairy situations. Especially if u sent Jill and Zihark to Ike's group to get them better trained for Part IV.

5/10

Edited by リンダ

I kinda like Tauroneo, personality wise and growth-wise. His defence isn't impressive for a general when he rejoins in part 3, but he's alright. His availability hurts, yeah, but he's not awful

5/10 + bias= 6/10

When Taur joins, you know something is wrong with this fucking game.

Let's see... 21 Def, the hell man? The highest Atk in this chapter is a lone Fighter with 26, which means he takes a whopping 5 damage from one enemy. 38 HP pretty much assures that he's not dying soon, and if you really want to you can put Renewal on him to gain 3 HP per turn. It's not much, but it's worth a mention. Furthermore, the weird thing is Tauroneo comes with Resolve, though it's best to take it off for later use. Oh yeah, and he has 24 Str, which equates to 31 Atk with a Javelin equipped. Funny that he OHKOes Myrmidons with it too.

So we have an invincible tank, granted he has 6 Mov, but he can be ferried around by Jill a little bit, and he's probably your most effective combat unit.

...Then 1-6-2 ends... and he's gone.

Forever.

Okay not really, but he re-joins in 3-12. By now, his base stats aren't terrible, but he's less likely to have leads on certain characters. Nolan isn't going to be leading much stat-wise, barring HP, but he also has his personal weapon which gives him deadly close to Taur's durability (assuming Dracoshield on Nolan, Tarvos gives Nolan 21 Def as a 20/9 Warrior), and Jill is likely nuking him in raw combat power thanks to being able to double. Still, he's useful for the short time he's around. He's put into the Hawk Army on Part 4, and he isn't exactly... terrible... but he's not great either. tl;dr - his base stats cover him most of the way, and he's got some uses going on. His pitiful availability and inconvenient level kind of hurt him (14 is kind of low to be plowed to promotion). General class kind of hurts him too.

Funny fact, though. Tauroneo likely has the highest Atk with a Daemon Card out of the entire Dawn Brigade. He strikes with 24 Atk... which isn't bad. So he can theoretically help kill Ike.

5/10. We'll give him +0.5 for the 'stache. Also have to say I like his armor. White isn't exactly a color that stands out to me, but his design on the armor seems to fit it nicely.

5.5/10.

Tauroneo is my favorite general in the entire series so +1 bias point for him.

He only has 2 chapters in part 1, but he rapes those chapters. He barely takes any damages and he one rounds everything.

In part 3 he isn't as good as he was, but he's still not bad and he comes for free. His movement matters a lot less since his chapters in part 3 are defend chapters. He's not invincible anymore, but he is more durable then most units in the dawn brigade.

Part 4 isn't as kind to him. the maps are bigger and his stats are now worse then some alternatives. Still he won't drag your team down much since there are a lot of deployment slots in the hawk army (Uh I think it has)

6 + 1 bias point= 7

His availability really really hurts him. He can help in part 1. But that 6 move...

4/10

Pretty much this, only make it a 3/10 instead.

loltauroneo

He's a high-leveled promoted unit who appears for one chapter then disappears because that bitch Pelleas told him to. He's good in his join chapter because he takes little to no damage from enemies. Doesn't help his case much, he's armored and won't be doing much because Jill's flying around and killing everything.

When he comes back, he'll be on par with the best DB units. Which... is surprisingly enough for him, because he doubles Tigers in 3-13. And that is awesome. Part IV he'll probably promote, not like it matters much...

But hey, he's useful for his 3 chapters.

5.45/10

At the end of PoR he says he'll be known as the King Killer even though he cannot harm Ashnard. (a real pitty)

Concidering he gets the opportunity to kill:

Tibarn (though this is verry hard to do in chapter 3-F)

Pelleas.

Dheginsea.

His Stache would even defy the goddess herself, but she's too good beneath the sheats to murder at this current time. If only Muarim didn't have first dibs on all the sweet girls in the world.

4/10

Amazing when you get him.. Then he goes away after 2 chapters for what seems like to be forever.. even as a Marshall he isn't that great of a unit either. Outclassed by Gatrie and maybe Brom. lolmeg No bias points for him, so that gives him a

3/10

Tauroneo owns when he exists.

He doesn't exist. Much. :(

But still, invincible in Part 1 and not wholly sucky after coming back, but by then who gives a damn?

3.5/10

Good in Part 1 and Part 3, but in Part 4, his stats are only on par with shit units like Gatrie, so why would you even bother?

0/10

Anouleth is just mad that he can't have a 'stache as sexy as Taur's.

Anouleth is just mad that he can't have a 'stache as sexy as Taur's.

I'm afraid I just found the other people in this topic too persuasive! They're right: Tauroneo really is useless in Part 4 and he definitely deserves a low rating for it.

I'm afraid I just found the other people in this topic too persuasive! They're right: Tauroneo really is useless in Part 4 and he definitely deserves a low rating for it.

Yeah, but he isn't completely useless: what a 0/10 would be.

Yeah, but he isn't completely useless: what a 0/10 would be.

But he is useless. After all, you won't want to use him in 1-6 because he hogs experience! You see, Tauroneo is a very high level in 1-6, meaning he steals experience from other units. As a result, he's limited to doing things that don't take experience away from other units, which is just about nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

When Taur joins, you know something is wrong with this fucking game.

Let's see... 21 Def, the hell man? The highest Atk in this chapter is a lone Fighter with 26, which means he takes a whopping 5 damage from one enemy. 38 HP pretty much assures that he's not dying soon, and if you really want to you can put Renewal on him to gain 3 HP per turn. It's not much, but it's worth a mention. Furthermore, the weird thing is Tauroneo comes with Resolve, though it's best to take it off for later use. Oh yeah, and he has 24 Str, which equates to 31 Atk with a Javelin equipped. Funny that he OHKOes Myrmidons with it too.

I could have sworn there was a Hammer dude somewhere in 1-6-1... ... ... Yeah, there's apparently an Axe Armor reinforcement who appears in the northeast with 27 attack and a Hammer. So let's see... 14 Strength + (13 Hammer might x 3) - 21 Defense = 32 damage against Tauroneo's 38 HP. Ha! Not even the crazy high might Hammers have in this game can topple Mr. T in a single hit! Hell, he would still have 1 HP left even if one of those 26 attack Fighters also hit in the same turn.

loltauroneo

He's a high-leveled promoted unit who appears for one chapter then disappears because that bitch Pelleas told him to. He's good in his join chapter because he takes little to no damage from enemies. Doesn't help his case much, he's armored and won't be doing much because Jill's flying around and killing everything.

When he comes back, he'll be on par with the best DB units. Which... is surprisingly enough for him, because he doubles Tigers in 3-13. And that is awesome. Part IV he'll probably promote, not like it matters much...

But hey, he's useful for his 3 chapters.

5.45/10

Omg i so didnt rate Big T!

Tauroneo, one of the former Four Riders of Daein and consort to the new king.

Pros:

Bases are gr9mazing in part 1.

Has Resolve.

Dat 'stache.

Isn't bad in part 3.

Cons:

Isnt available for a lot of DB chapters.

His Part 4 kinda sucks.

Tauroneo is pretty cool when he shows up. Hes all "BRWARGH! IM BIG T AND YOU GO SQUISH NOW!" Of course, he is promoted so he is gonna hog some experience if he kills junk. But he makes a wonderful meatshield for your guys. He can take down really stubborn enemies too. He comes with Resolve but you probably arent gonna see him use it because defense. Its nice to take that off and put it on someone who will. But hes just...not around much. Hell, i dont even think he can be deployed in 1-E. what the shit...Part 3 rolls around and hes in there for two chapters. Hes not doing much of anything in those two chapters save for maybe killing one of those pegknights in 3-12 and maybe guarding a ledge in 3-13. Part 4 rolls around and Big T is kinda ass. The enemies' stats all catch up to him and hes slow as fuck all and just not doing much of anything.

Overall, i give the Tauronator a 4.5/10. Hes handy when hes around but hes not around much at all. 5/10 bias cuz 'stache and i like his character.

I could have sworn there was a Hammer dude somewhere in 1-6-1... ... ... Yeah, there's apparently an Axe Armor reinforcement who appears in the northeast with 27 attack and a Hammer. So let's see... 14 Strength + (13 Hammer might x 3) - 21 Defense = 32 damage against Tauroneo's 38 HP. Ha! Not even the crazy high might Hammers have in this game can topple Mr. T in a single hit! Hell, he would still have 1 HP left even if one of those 26 attack Fighters also hit in the same turn.

There is but he has like 25 displayed hit. Though I have seen him hit Taur. It wasn't fun.