The next FE Lord: What would you want him or her to be like?

Anacybele

I'm sure this thread has popped up before, but if memory serves, it's been awhile since we last saw one. A discussion in the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS thread made me feel like making this topic.

Personally, I hope the next game strays away from the common blue-haired swordsman thing. Or if they simply MUST have blue hair and swords, go the Ike route and have them be really different character-wise and skill-wise. I remember when I first saw Chrom, he looked to me like he would be a common mercenary leading a troop of them, like Ike. But I was disappointed when he turned out to be a prince. Though now that I think about it, copying heavily off of Ike like that would've been boring too.

I'd like the next lord to be a red-haired female. Why? We have males with blue, green (I consider Ephraim to have green hair), and red hair. Females with blue and green hair (and pink and silvery white if you count Celica and Micaiah). But no red-haired female.

So I made one, a sword-wielding mercenary named Azura. She would pull an Ike and promote to a Lord later, and even start with a mercenary-ish class. But that's where the similarities between the two end. Azura gains lances upon promotion to a Lord (note I decided this before Awakening was even announced) and her ultimate weapon is not a sword, but a magic lance. She actually has better magic than strength. Her heritage is the reason for this. I had her get lances because we didn't yet have a female that used them (as I said, this was before Awakening came around). Oh, she doesn't gain a mount either, she stays on foot the entire time. With high speed, skill , magic, and res growths and a pretty decent strength growth, she'd be on par with Ike in terms of statistics, methinks, maybe even a bit better. Her defense is bad though. lol She also has a base 10 speed. Bwaha. :P

Azura's main quirk is kind of a parallel to Ike's dislike for nobles too. Most lords are nobles. Most of them are also men. Azura generally doesn't have much respect for them because she's had too many experiences where they didn't respect her for her skills simply because she's a woman. And her personality is kind of in between that of Lyn and Sully, I'd say. Kinda tomboyish, but the way she talks is more like Lyn. But she's also rather impulsive and reckless for awhile. She's arachnophobic too. lolol

Oh, and unlike the other females, she doesn't share the spotlight with a male lord (Ike doesn't take the role of a main character even though he appears in the story Azura is featured in).

But yeah, I'd like a lord that's something like this character.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are usually side characters whose backstory and personality are far more intriguing than the main lord's... so much that I wish they were used instead of the actual lord's one.

A main character like Asvel (a guy who searches his friend), Milady (a woman who must confront her nation in favor of her ideals) or Jill (a girl who grows up from prejudice) would be great.

I was gonna say bara as fuck muscle lady but ike be me to it

i never said i want a bara as fuck muscle lady because that's not flavia but ok

EDIT: what you want is fetishized as hell. what i want has nothing to do with the muscles and everything to do with the "strong black woman" personality

Uh... I don't remember posting this threat in FFtF.

it's in gen fe though?

Edited by Integrity

I'd love a main character who is the knight commander of a small nation. Lances all the way. Character wise, being charismatic (Standard) but being really unconventional in his methods. It'd be nice to have one who isn't royalty, but is still part of a nation.

it's in gen fe though?

Exactly. But the posts above the one I made felt more spammy than serious to me. My apologies if that wasn't the intent.

Exactly. But the posts above the one I made felt more spammy than serious to me. My apologies if that wasn't the intent.

???

i assure you my post was 100% sincere. i love flava flavia.

EDIT: what you want is fetishized as hell. what i want has nothing to do with the muscles and everything to do with the "strong black woman" personality

What the fuck wanting muscle is fetishized now?

I want muscles because I want a wider array of body types for female characters. I'm also similarly okay with types with more body fat, though muscle is kinda my thing. I'm not picky about personality as long as she's well written, as long as it's something different from the previous female leads as well.

I'm just a little sick of seeing only the conventionally attractive and thin body types. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but women don't all look like that. There's at least some variety in men, but with women, aside from breast sizes and maybe height the only variety we get in FE are Echidna, Flavia, Niime and Meg. Out of all the body types out there this is incredibly lazy character design.

Edited by Thor Odinson

yes, you want the muscles for the muscles. i do not want the muscles for the muscles.

EDIT: rather, i am not averse to the muscles but they play no part in the point of my next fe lord

Edited by Integrity

I want muscles because it's rare to have muscles as a female character. Look at the male lords we have. Look at Hector and RD Ike compared to Eliwood and Leaf. There's different body types. This is good. It could be better if there was a chubby type male lord, since body fat doesn't necessarily mean unstrong, but there is some variety. Now look at the female lords. They're all strong and great but, there's not much variety in how their bodies are shaped. Most women don't even look like that. Muscle is good for fighting and a muscular character would likely have a different statspread than the standard (Micaiah aside) speed-heavy spread of the average female lord. Muscles make sense for being able to lift an axe and swing it around. Muscular women exist. They work hard for their muscles but are so underrepresented in media. If it was more common in the first place like it should be because this is a war game, I wouldn't push this so hard.

I concede that we want Flavia for entirely different reasons but don't fucking trivialize why I really want muscles.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Whatever IS wants him/her to be like. Our interests are like synchronized.

Although an older lord who is also a woman would be pretty cool, I guess.

Young female Lord who doesn't know she's royalty, she was raised as an ordinary peasant . Not having blue hair maybe pink or green and wields a bow instead of swords would be interesting

Young female Lord who doesn't know she's royalty, she was raised as an ordinary peasant . Not having blue hair maybe pink or green and wields a bow instead of swords would be interesting

Uh, Lyndis? :P

And yeah I've liked most of the lords they've put out so far so whatever they think of next will probably be chill with me

Blue haired male lord with a divine lineage that wields swords.

Honestly, I'd just like to have another lance lord, please. I don't care about their hair color.

what I mean is what I said before and that Nintendo could make the lord.... ughhh I give up just make a sequel to awakening.

It could be better if there was a chubby type male lord, since body fat doesn't necessarily mean unstrong, but there is some variety.

Requesting Gheb for next lord?

I'd like a Manakete/Taguel/Laguz lord. All of the FE stories are very similar and the only way to truly change it up is to get rid of the boring human culture.

a manakete lord would be overpowered and basically amazing though chance of happening : 1,000,000:1 on ratio.

Yeah youre right theyd probably just tell us their manakete powers are sealed for some bullshit reason, then slap on some blue hair and a sword. Hopefully theyd still change the story though.

Yeah youre right theyd probably just tell us their manakete powers are sealed for some bullshit reason, then slap on some blue hair and a sword. Hopefully theyd still change the story though.

that's would probably happen if the fans said they want a manakete. Nintendos response " hey guys lets put the same lord shit together we've been pulling for ages now." lets say their part dragon but have no powers". then we can make money.

Edited by Serah Farron

If it ain't broke don't fix it. As long as they are likeable I do not give a damn. If the next lord is black redhead female homosexual it wouldn't meant a damn thing if they had no character. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucina was the next lord because of how popular she is.

The only thing I want from the next lord is a non sword weapon type. Lance or Axe would be cool kthx. That way they don't always face WTD in Lance land. A bit of bulk like Hector would be nice so you don't have to baby them. Can out next lord be a Cavalier? Pretty please? Pardon me I just got out of an FE4 playthrough.