Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

Update: As of August 25th, 2017, I consider this project complete!

The remaining pages are all text that can be found in game, and all things of interest have been translated. There may be some artwork uploads, but translations are complete! A big thank you to everyone who donated. Thanks to you all, I was able to buy a spare book, de-spine it, and hence get much higher quality scans without the dark spine line in the way. It was a huge help, and I hope it was worth your donations! It took about 9 months, with a bit of a hiatus in the middle due to life changes and the like, so thank you for your patience!

See you next project!

Download this project in bulk (.rar format) from here. (Password: kantopia)

Or see it all in one imgur gallery here.

---

Original Post:

Hello everyone! It's me again here with yet another translation project.

Much like I did for the previous book, I aim to translate the character profiles, concept art, and extras (and other things of interest) for this book too!

All images will be posted on an ongoing post on my blog

I may have VincentASM and MicrowaveIt (as well as a few others such as AstroKnighticalFeats) help out if interested!

Unlike last time, however! Thanks to your donations, I was able to buy an extra copy of the book and get it unbound. Therefore, quality scans will be very high in quality and in PNG format. It does mean massive file sizes but I may get around that by making JPEG uploads and a final PNG RAR file.

I also want forum user input. I figure the best way to have direction in this project is to see what people want translated the most! Please check the table of contents below and see what interests you, and feel free to leave a request (for priority) in this thread! General discussion is fine too!

DONATIONS:

Please keep in mind this is all done on our free time though, and that we are making no money for it...so if there are some delays or if some posts take time, we are probably busy with some thing or another!

If you still wish to donate, then just find out how to here.

Feel free to continue giving priority requests! I have a list from the users in this thread and elsewhere that I will be following.

---

Front Cover

Back Cover

Chapter II: Characters [COMPLETE]

All Character Ages

New Character Trivia (Hobbies, etc)

Elena and Ashera unused portraits

040-041 Character Relationship Chart (translated by VincentASM)

All Character Profiles/Body Portraits/Extras

042 Micaiah

043 Sothe

044 Edward

045 Leonardo

046 Nolan (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

047 Laura

048 Aran

049 Tauroneo

050 Zihark

051 Fiona

052 Jill

053 Haar

054 Black Knight

056 Pelleas

057 Almedha

058 Elincia

059 Lucia

060 Geoffrey

061 Bastian

062 Renning

063 Ilyana

064 Kieran

065 Marcia

066 Makalov

067 Astrid

068 Brom

069 Meg

070 Nephenee

071 Heather

072 Calill

073 Danved

074 Sanaki

075 Sephiran

076 Zelgius

077 Sigrun

078 Tanith

079 Stefan

080 Tormod

081 Muarim

082 Vika (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

083 Jarod

084 Lekain

085 Hetzel and Oliver

086-087 Ike

088 Mist

089 Titania

090 Soren

091 Rhys

092 Gatrie (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

093 Shinon

094 Oscar

095 Boyd

096 Rolf

097 Mia

098 Volke

099 Caineghis (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

100 Skrimir (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

101 Giffca (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

102 Ranulf

103 Kyza

104 Lyre

105 Lethe

106 Mordecai (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

107 Tibarn

108 Ulki

109 Janaff

110 Naesala

111 Nealuchi

112 Reyson

113 Leanne

114 Rafiel

115 Nailah

116 Volug

117 Dheginsea

118 Kurthnaga

119 Gareth (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

120 Ena

121 Nasir

122 Ashera

123 Yune

Character Full Body Portraits + Mini Profiles

Chapter III: Concept Art [COMPLETE]

Chapter V: Extras [ONGOING]

246-247 Game Cover Art Illustrations

248-249 Book Cover Illustrations + Senri Kita Commentary

250-251 Original Face Designs

252-253 Developer Commentary [Blog post version here]

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I wish to know is if the paired endings are confirmed to be completely canon... If they are, well, that's going to disappoint me, as it really throws a wrench into some of my theories/headcanons. ._.

All I wish to know is if the paired endings are confirmed to be completely canon... If they are, well, that's going to disappoint me, as it really throws a wrench into some of my theories/headcanons. ._.

Noted! I too look forward to seeing how epilogues play into character profiles and such, too, if at all. (Or if they will be delegated to a separate archive).

If it's not too much trouble, I would like to request Oliver. I've always loved how he completely goes against the image of a playable unit.

This is my personal request to myself too, especially since he lacked a profile in the FE9 book. xD Noted!

Noted! I too look forward to seeing how epilogues play into character profiles and such, too, if at all. (Or if they will be delegated to a separate archive).

Same here. I think the most likely scenario is that all possible endings will be listed/mentioned, not just the paired ones and those of characters who have no pairings, but you never know, you know.

It's mostly that if they're NOT confirmed canon, then that helps the Outrealm thing that Awakening established. If they are, it kinda hurts it. And with the Outrealm Gate around, it opens the possibility of more scenarios not even available in the games, meaning pretty much all headcanons and theories could've occurred in some dimension/universe or another and that definitely works for me.

This is likely a thing that would be one of the first things to translate, but I would like to see the comments about Micaiah's Design and Concept Art.

Edited by Troykv

Same here. I think the most likely scenario is that all possible endings will be listed/mentioned, not just the paired ones and those of characters who have no pairings, but you never know, you know.

It's mostly that if they're NOT confirmed canon, then that helps the Outrealm thing that Awakening established. If they are, it kinda hurts it. And with the Outrealm Gate around, it opens the possibility of more scenarios not even available in the games, meaning pretty much all headcanons and theories could've occurred in some dimension/universe or another and that definitely works for me.

Yeah, so I wonder. In the FE6+7 book it left out possible pairings even though it included epilogues for other characters, so wonder if it will do something like that.

This is likely a thing that would be one of the first things to translate, but I would like to see the comments about Micaiah's Design and Concept Art.

Of course, but it is nice to say such as well to give it more priority : ) You do a lot of work to support Micaiah too, so I hope it comes in handy for that!

Yeah, so I wonder. In the FE6+7 book it left out possible pairings even though it included epilogues for other characters, so wonder if it will do something like that.

Yeah, I'd be cool with that. Because I like to believe that not only is there an FE reality where my personal headcanons and other people's headcanons could've taken place, but I also like to think there's a reality where Ike actually never left Tellius. I wouldn't mind if IS visited what-if scenarios like this too, since they kinda already did this with Fates. I mean, what if they pulled a Zelda timeline and did splits in different sagas? Like, this game happens if Ike leaves Tellius, and this game happens if he doesn't, like certain Zelda games occur if Link defeats Ganon at the end of OoT and certain others occur if he actually LOST.

I doubt they'll continue the Tellius saga itself, but IS COULD make a game that takes place much much later in the timeline akin to Awakening, in a different land and stuff, but assumes Ike actually stayed rather than left, much like Zelda: ALttP actually takes place in a timeline where Link lost to Ganon in OoT. I thought it was really fascinating for Zelda, and I think it'd be fascinating for FE too.

Of course, but it is nice to say such as well to give it more priority : ) You do a lot of work to support Micaiah too, so I hope it comes in handy for that!

Oh! A compliment! Thanks Kirokan! :Lilina:

I'm already working in some small opinion articles (I'm a little slow to write xD)

Oh! A compliment! Thanks Kirokan! :Lilina:

I'm already working in some small opinion articles (I'm a little slow to write xD)

Looking forward to it. xD I found you over on twitter and will follow, maybe I can RT some things to help you out : )

That's an interesting request, I can't donate.I'm really sorry...

I will be lloking forward to seeing the final result anyway

Oh, please don't feel bad about not donating! It is totally optional and such : ) Feel free to make any request regardless.

One of the greatest thing about Fire Emblem is that, while certain events are giving more emphasis (e.g. Eliwood marrying Ninian, Roy marrying Lilina ect) no one chain of events is ever confirmed as 'canon'. Ike and Soren's support chain (and thus, their ending) is given emphasis in the plots of both games, but his solo ending is just as valid.

In that vein, I doubt IS will confirm anything. They will probably just list the possible endings. I would certainly be very mad if they confirmed Astrid and Makalov *shudder*.

Also, I have left a donation. Wish I could donate more but I am also strapped for cash. Looking forward to seeing you translate the book!

Edited by NJ7009

One of the greatest thing about Fire Emblem is that, while certain events are giving more emphasis (e.g. Eliwood marrying Ninian, Roy marrying Lilina ect) no one chain of events is ever confirmed as 'canon'. Ike could have just as easily end up travelling alone as he could travel with Soren, even if their support chain is given emphasis in the plots of both games.

In that vein, I doubt IS would confirm anything. They will probably just list the possible endings. I would certainly be very mad if they confirmed Astrid and Makalov *shudder*

Also, I have left a donation - wish I could donate more but I am also scrapped for cash. Looking forward to seeing you translate the book!

Yes, I believe their current approach leaving it open like that can satisfy most parties.

Ah...Astrid and Makalov, I do wonder if they will go with that indeed.

I received your donation, and please, don't worry about that! Every little bit helps in a big way. : ) Thank you so much!

Edited by Kirokan

I'd like to request Vika, if that's alright.

Preference noted!

Thanks for all your work on this! I sent in a donation; hope it helps. :)

I'm most interested in seeing anything on Micaiah, Pelleas, and Nailah.

Thank you so much! I received it and updated the ongoing tally. Almost at the minimum goal! And I'm more than happy to do this, a rare opportunity I think, and will benefit SF hopefully xD

Alrighty noted them down : )

Sanaki. <3

Woo fellow Sanaki fan xD Noted!

So far the consensus here and elsewhere is the Dawn Brigade and a few of the other new characters. Makes sense, as we lack much info on them...

Looking forward to it. xD I found you over on twitter and will follow, maybe I can RT some things to help you out : )

Thanks for follow the Micaiah4Smash Twitter, Kirokan. I feel a little bit more motivated :):

:Lilina:

Edited by Troykv

Woo fellow Sanaki fan xD Noted!

So far the consensus here and elsewhere is the Dawn Brigade and a few of the other new characters. Makes sense, as we lack much info on them...

I too wish for Sanaki. I was pleasantly surprised to see conceptual older her in the POR book.

I'm not sure how much detail goes into the returning characters' profiles, especially the ones that didn't change much between the time gap between the two games. I'm kinda wondering if they'll repeat the Laguz art and profiles since they don't show any signs of aging between the games lol.

I too wish for Sanaki. I was pleasantly surprised to see conceptual older her in the POR book.

I'm not sure how much detail goes into the returning characters' profiles, especially the ones that didn't change much between the time gap between the two games. I'm kinda wondering if they'll repeat the Laguz art and profiles since they don't show any signs of aging between the games lol.

Sanaki gets +1!

I've been very curious about returning characters too. For some it makes sense (Ike will get more info as to what he does throughout), but what about someone like Mia? She has one info convo and that's it. xD So I have a feeling it will be like "She had this convo, and oh here's her epilogue!"

On one hand, translating that will be really easy. On the other hand... well, yeah. xD

Thanks for follow the Micaiah4Smash Twitter, Kirokan. I feel a little bit more motivated :):

:Lilina:

I like to motivate people, thanks for the re-follow : ) We do share content that the other would be interested in after all! xD

That Lilina emote is adorable too xD

Edited by Kirokan