Oversights by developers

Chiki

What did you come across?

For example, Aversa in a swimsuit. The skin of her head is brown while the skin of her body is white.

Edited by Olwen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this image of beauty?

I don't the want this picture...

Also Lunatic+ giving random skills instead of having difficulty increase some other way seems kind of wrong (you know it's poorly designed when there's a chance of not being able to beat it at all).

It had to be done

If you kill the boss in Cynthia's paralogue ASAP, the green units stay green for the rest of the map but the after-battle conversation implies that you fought against them even though you physically can't. Bit strange they didn't just change Frederick's one line of dialogue depending on whether you did that, as it's pretty easy to do with Galeforce/Rescue.

What did you come across?

For example, Aversa in a swimsuit. The skin of her head is brown while the skin of her body is white.

Same issue with Flavia in anything other than Hero that shows some amount of skin. Most notable for her would be Great Knight, where it inadvertently improves upon the model by making it look like she's wearing actual legwear due to the skintone difference.

Although she doesn't have this problem as Bride.

Also Lunatic+ giving random skills instead of having difficulty increase some other way seems kind of wrong (you know it's poorly designed when there's a chance of not being able to beat it at all).

Please don't make this into another one of those topics...

You know, I always wondered what would happen if you did Gerome's paralogue with Cherche as a Griffon Rider instead of a Wyvern Lord. I guessed that it would be weird to see Cherche say her "wyvern" looks just like Gerome's. lol

You know, I always wondered what would happen if you did Gerome's paralogue with Cherche as a Griffon Rider instead of a Wyvern Lord. I guessed that it would be weird to see Cherche say her "wyvern" looks just like Gerome's. lol

I can confirm that she still does as a Griffon Rider. It made me laugh quite hard.

LOL even funnier if Cherche is without a mount. :B (Same with Gerome actually.) Minerva is still talked about at length. I wonder if she just stalks the riders or something.

Oh can we get a Male Morgs lulz if Avatar gets with Basilio?

It had to be done

That's not an oversight, that's just a bad decision.

Kjelle's supports with Sully are all about Kjelle not being able to ride a horse even though she can re-class to Cavalier no matter what, or even just promote to Great Knight.

I don't think the supports that reference Minerva or Owain's sword hand or Brady being sucky at combat because he's a healer are an oversight. It's more that the developers just have the characters talk about themselves as if they were always in their default class and that you never reclass anyone. It leads to some strange moments where characters talk about something they currently have nothing to do with, but it would be a huge undertaking to change supports based off of what class anyone is in.

I'm not sure I would call this an oversight either, but Olivia has a different conversation with Chrom when they auto marry than what their S support actually is, so the conversation you read in the support library is not the same as what actually happens in-game. And Olivia can never reach S rank with Chrom otherwise, so why did IS bother?

Cordelia's unchanged six-stat-up quote after she gets an S support. (someone had to say it!)

No one HAD to say it. :P But after reading and thinking about it, it's harder to see it as a quote for her husband than Chrom... which actually just annoys me more about Cordelia.

Anyway, I guess what I really noticed is what was already mentioned about Cherche. I was training her as Valkyrie and all her quotes in EXPonential Growth had to do with Minerva... so it was kinda weird to see her mention 'you'd be a good toy for Minerva' when Minerva was nowhere to be seen!

...Though I guess this bit can explain about the inconsistency with the mounts:

I don't think the supports that reference Minerva or Owain's sword hand or Brady being sucky at combat because he's a healer are an oversight. It's more that the developers just have the characters talk about themselves as if they were always in their default class and that you never reclass anyone. It leads to some strange moments where characters talk about something they currently have nothing to do with, but it would be a huge undertaking to change supports based off of what class anyone is in.

I'm not sure I would call this an oversight either, but Olivia has a different conversation with Chrom when they auto marry than what their S support actually is, so the conversation you read in the support library is not the same as what actually happens in-game. And Olivia can never reach S rank with Chrom otherwise, so why did IS bother?

As for the Chrom/Olivia thing, I heard/read that it was only like that in the NA version. Not sure on EU? But I might be recalling the wrong thing though.

Although I do wonder... it's like, where do they store all those mounts?! Like if you're reclassing a crapton to a bunch of classes, all these mounts just suddenly appear. I guess this isn't so much an oversight than... well, a player's choice though. It's probably in reference of the character being in their starting class.

Also, to the OP: where was that seen? Not that I wanna see it; I despise Aversa (mostly because I play as the female Avatar and have yet to actually witness her conversation with the male Avatar).

Edited by Shirley

The skin thing, swordsmaster Brady's neck is way darker than his face. And so many others... It always bothered me.

I'm currently in the Cherche-lacks-Minerva-but-her-level-ups-say-otherwise phase, it's interesting, although funny at times. It's equally as funny when gerome rides a griffin instead of his prehistoric pal, minervykins.

The loophole in some of the support convos gets to me. In one of severa's supports, she mentions Frederick, whom's death does not halt the story progress and could be dead by this part of the story, or for that matter, I'm ninety percent sure could be her dead FATHER, and yet she doesn't have any sort of flinch at mentioning his name if he's dead. This goes for many other convos, especially Noire and her father's, where tharja runs in, BUT SHE COULD BE DEAD BY THEN.

The loophole in some of the support convos gets to me. In one of severa's supports, she mentions Frederick, whom's death does not halt the story progress and could be dead by this part of the story, or for that matter, I'm ninety percent sure could be her dead FATHER, and yet she doesn't have any sort of flinch at mentioning his name if he's dead. This goes for many other convos, especially Noire and her father's, where tharja runs in, BUT SHE COULD BE DEAD BY THEN.

Actually, Frederick, the child-bearing women and some other characters actually get the "retreats, but is too injured to fight ever again" treatment, even in Classic Mode. Thus, those support conversations will always make sense because the characters are guaranteed to be alive.

Actually, Frederick, the child-bearing women and some other characters actually get the "retreats, but is too injured to fight ever again" treatment, even in Classic Mode. Thus, those support conversations will always make sense because the characters are guaranteed to be alive.

Damn, I always presumed the characters to be dead, hence "permadeath", but I suppose it's not so.

Oh well, I tried

Also, to the OP: where was that seen? Not that I wanna see it; I despise Aversa (mostly because I play as the female Avatar and have yet to actually witness her conversation with the male Avatar).

If you reclass Aversa to Sorcerer and then go to Summer Scramble DLC with it, sorcs change into swimsuits

LOL even funnier if Cherche is without a mount. :B (Same with Gerome actually.) Minerva is still talked about at length. I wonder if she just stalks the riders or something.

my Cherche is a War Cleric and i specifically forged her a tomahawk named "Minerva" just for the sake of this joke

it makes the supports in which "Minerva" roars ten times funnier

my Cherche is a War Cleric and i specifically forged her a tomahawk named "Minerva" just for the sake of this joke

it makes the supports in which "Minerva" roars ten times funnier

Cherche's Minerva lets out a Howl!

[i could not resist the Golden Sun reference]