Do people really go Dark Flyer for only Galeforce?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I. The only problem is that the two best Dark Fliers you can during the main game so happen to be the game's best healers - and I hate not having healers around... but, Dark Flier Lissa IS really fucking amazing. Especially with Tomefaire.

From my current run, going Dark Flier with Sumia gives her an excellent Pair-Up option in Henry, and vice versa, especially if you promote Henry to Dark Knight. With some levelling, Henry gets the Speed he needs, and Sumia can still get the Defense and mobility that she got from Frederick (as well as Magic to help make her a better Dark Flier). In addition, it means that I can switch Sumia out (relatively safely) to avoid bow and wind users. It helps that Valm enemies have pretty low Res all around (except the spellcasters of course, but they have relatively low Defense), and Sumia faces competition for the Beastslayer during that arc.

And since both gets overkill Skill, they will proc Dual Strike when supporting the other more often than not. Even more when properly supported.

And since I use both Sumia and Cordelia, I can give Sumia Dark Flier, while Cordelia takes advantage of her better Strength and goes Falcon Knight. Thus, I won't lose much.

Dark Flier is easily the best class in the game, except Sorcerer of course, simply because Magical >> Physical in this game and Flying, while extremely overrated, > Not flying. Galeforce is merely another reward for using Dark Fliers.

So do I. The only problem is that the two best Dark Fliers you can during the main game so happen to be the game's best healers - and I hate not having healers around... but, Dark Flier Lissa IS really fucking amazing. Especially with Tomefaire.

This sums up the way I feel about it - I don't really like making any of the characters who start out as pegasi Dark Fliers since their magic would be rather dicey.

This sums up the way I feel about it - I don't really like making any of the characters who start out as pegasi Dark Fliers since their magic would be rather dicey.

Enemy resistance sucks. Sumia can go Dark Flier pretty easily and not have to worry much when you consider all the ways to boost your stats and how bad enemy stats are.

Sumia is the only one who broke this rule for me.

Sumia's great. Cordelia is the only potential Dark Flier who doesn't do very well in the class... but Sumia's great (And way better than Cordelia)

Sumia's great. Cordelia is the only potential Dark Flier who doesn't do very well in the class... but Sumia's great (And way better than Cordelia)

Cordelia is a better Falcon Knight than her tho. She might lack Luna+Pavise+Tomefaire but at least she got Merc(which adds AT and Sol).

I really wish she has Myrmidon tho, she would make a boss Assassin

Cordelia is a better Falcon Knight than her tho. She might lack Luna+Pavise+Tomefaire but at least she got Merc(which adds AT and Sol).

I really wish she has Myrmidon tho, she would make a boss Assassin

Assassin!Cordelia with Astra. Heck yes.

Assassin Cordelia is kinda ass because you need to give up a class that will make Severa less perfect.....

Which one? I mean, I'd gladly get rid of Cordelia's dark mage option and replace it with myrmidon.

Oh hell yeah.

Enemy resistance sucks. Sumia can go Dark Flier pretty easily and not have to worry much when you consider all the ways to boost your stats and how bad enemy stats are.

Thaaaank you for that. I totally agree. Then again, I did bench Cordelia the moment she learned Galeforce.... (for Severa, even if that meant Severa's stats weren't gonna be as good as like, Cynthia.)

But yeah, I totally use Dark Flier for its class than just for Galeforce lol. I've actually kept my Avatar as Dark Flier for now. I do wish that Dark Fliers can use like, Tomes too or something. Oh well, that'd be too much, I guess.

Edited by Shirley

I really wish she has Myrmidon tho, she would make a boss Assassin.

Dark Flier >>>> Falcon Knight both skills and weapon-wise (possibly stats as well) so Sumia being a good Dark Flier is better than Cordelia being a good Falcon Knight.

Sumia is the best Dark Flier, wtf are you talking about >_>

Nope. MU is the best at everything. Your post is rejected for being wrong

Assassin Cordelia is kinda ass because you need to give up a class that will make Severa less perfect.....

Implying that Severa could ever be not perfect.

Oh hell yeah.

Thaaaank you for that. I totally agree. Then again, I did bench Cordelia the moment she learned Galeforce.... (for Severa, even if that meant Severa's stats weren't gonna be as good as like, Cynthia.)

But yeah, I totally use Dark Flier for its class than just for Galeforce lol. I've actually kept my Avatar as Dark Flier for now. I do wish that Dark Fliers can use like, Tomes too or something. Oh well, that'd be too much, I guess.

Your welcome.

Dark Fliers do use tomes...

If we're doing a no-grind run, Falcon Knight is just better (Rally Speed and Lancefaire), but Sumia is so good (and gets so much overkill Speed) she can contribute regardless of class, so...

If we're doing a no-grind run, Falcon Knight is just better (Rally Speed and Lancefaire), but Sumia is so good (and gets so much overkill Speed) she can contribute regardless of class, so...

Rally Move can be just as good as Rally Speed when applied properly and Galeforce >>> Lancefaire. FK's only advantage is having a little more defense.

Naaw.

Her mods are already great(better than Gaius!) as an Assassin. Plus, she gets Vantage, Astra, and Swordfaire(that matters because Hero!Cordelia, same like Dark Flier!Sumia with Tomefaire).

Dark Mage sucks on her. I'd gladly replace it to Myrmidon. I could care less about Severa because she's better left off as a Hero or Bow Knight.

Sumia makes a shoddy Dark Flier w/ tomes because of her shoddy magic. No one should be using tomes with Sumia.

And no, they don't. Dark Fliers make a fantastic support unit with speed pair up bonuses.

Severa can lack Luna or Vantage, so she CAN be not perfect

Silly Demise, Severa has DF and Sorcerer so she's already perfect.

In a no-grind run chances are she won't be needing either.

Sumia makes a shoddy Dark Flier w/ tomes because of her shoddy magic. No one should be using tomes with Sumia.

And no, they don't. Dark Fliers make a fantastic support unit with speed pair up bonuses.

Not if you pair her with someone that gives her a magic boost, like Henry or a magic-asseted Avatar. Add that to Tomefaire (if one has the patience to slug through 15 levels of Sage for it) and she's not bad at all.

She's not Lissa, but she shouldn't be overlooked.