If you could create a class for Awakening...

Maxkibram

And I do mean "create." You're not dragging an old class from another Fire Emblem game and putting it in Awakening's roster. Let's say IS decided to do DLC again and add a new class to the game, and you were given creative authority on it. This class can be a standalone like the Dread Fighter or Bride or can be a new third tier class that caps at level 30.

Please include Class Name, Weapons, 2 Skills (Since this is a DLC only class they'll be learned at levels 1 and 15. Just keep that in mind,) whether the class is gender exclusive or not; and finally, a brief description of the class that you would see at the promotion/reclassing screen. (If the class you create is the third tier to an existing class, please name the class it promotes from.​)

Now... Let me break the ice.

Class Name: Warden

Weapons: Spears & Tombs

Skill 1: [Impale] - Allows the user to strike three times in one attack. Activation: Skill divided by 2.

Skill 2: [Beastbreaker] - Increases Hit Rate & Evasion by 20% when fighting beast units.

Gender Exclusivity: None

Description: Wardens are knights who've trained in the wilderness to accumulate sharp instincts. They are especially deadly when facing beast units.

Promotes From: None

Edited by Maxkibram

Class Name: Indra

Weapons: Swords, Tomes

Their stats will mostly focus on slightly above-average strength and magic with great speed and solid skill. Their defense rating is quite low, but their resistance is average.

Skill 1: Storm Bond: When equipped with a Levin Sword or a Thunder-elemental tome, increases ATK by 15

Skill 2: God Strike: Activation chance= Skill divided by 3. When activated, the next attack ignores all defense and resistance depending on the attack

Gender Exclusive: No

Description: A seasoned soldier who has been blessed by Storm Gods with high speed and great offensive abilities. Wields Swords and Tomes.

Promote method: Deva's Charm

Edited by Foolishly Capricious

Skill 1: Storm Bond: When equipped with a Levin Sword or a Thunder-elemental tome, increases ATK by 15

What about Shockstick/Bolt Axe if the skill is used outside the class?

Anyway... Uh, oh whatever, I'll do one based on DQ because I can.

Class name: Armamentalist

Weapons: Swords, Bows, tomes.

Class Description: A fighter who weilds the fource to aid allies.

Skills:

Rally Fource: Adds eight to nearby allies Str and Mag.

Shieldbreaker: Occasionally lowers foe defense for one turn when attacking.

Not gender exclusive.

I'm idealess sorry.

I'll take a crack at it.

Class: Mimic

Description: Has the unique ability to copy the class of an ally or foe for 3-4 turns.

Skill 1: Stat Copy - Copies the stats of the ally/foe along with their class. This doesn't include HP.

Skill 2: Skill Copy - Copies the skills of the ally/foe along with their class. Temporary.

Weapons: Swords when in Mimic class.

Stats would be average on all ends, though Stat Copy would make them useless.

I know the concept has already been used by Xane, but I really like the idea. This is more of an expansion of Xane's class.

I'd bring back the Soldier line and its Impale skill from RD. :P Would be able to promote into either Halberdier or General. Halberdier would learn Impale.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd bring back the Soldier line and its Impale skill from RD. :P Would be able to promote into either Halberdier or General. Halberdier would learn Impale.

You cannot bring back old classes. The class has to be new, though you can reuse old skills if you want to.

Class: Messenger

Description: A light-footed courier. Boasts high Speed and Movement. Uses swords and bows.

Weapons: Swords and Bows

Skill 1: Special Delivery

If the unit trades an item over to an ally unit, the ally unit receives a stat boost of +1 to Strength, Magic, Defense, Resistance and Movement for the turn. Can only be used in the Messenger class.

Skill 2: Runaway

If the unit's HP falls below 50%, the unit's Speed is boosted by 10.

Stats: Similar to those of an Assassin's only with greater Speed, Movement and slightly greater Strength. Lower Magic and Skill and slightly lower Defense and Resistance than an Assassin's.

Gender exclusive: No.

Required item: Delivery bag

... This is a pretty strange concept but whatever.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Champion

Promotes from knight.

Description: A moderately armored unit that trades the raw defense of a general for additional skill and speed.

Weapons: Sword, Lance, Bow

Skill 1: Canny Defense- Negates weapon triangle penalty when at a disadvantage.

Skill 2: Stun- Makes enemy unable to move their next turn. Activation: skill/2.

Gender exclusivity: none

Okay, I'll try my hand on another one

Slaughterer

Slaughterers focus on pure power with great speed similar to a Berserker. The only difference is that Slaughterers have powerful defensive and sustaining abilities that can make them a fearsome tank and sweeper.

Weapons: Axe, Swords,

Description: Mad, blood-crazed savages with fearsome offense and even scarier thirst for blood. Wields Axes, Swords, and Bows

Skill 1: Thirst - The Slaughterer's attacks recovers health based on 1/4 of the damage dealt.

Skill 2: Inhuman Endurance - Activation rate: Skill divided by 2. When activated, damage received from enemy is reduced to 0

I really like Messenger! Here goes my attempt:

Special Class: Unholy Dragon

Description: A possessed soul with devastating power while in dragon form.

Weapons: Dragonstone

Skill 1: Burn

Activation rate = (skill/2)%

If the opponent is successfully hit, they will receive additional damage for the next three consecutive turns. Damage from hit/8 on first turn of the burn. Damage/6 on second turn. Damage/4 on third turn. Additional damage can be prevented sooner by healing after the initial attack.

Skill 2: Dragonskin

As per in-game skill.

Halves damage, negates Counter and Lethality.

Stats: Similar to Manakete but with greater strength and skill, at the cost of speed and defence.

Required Item: Corrupted Tome

The idea of the class is that anyone can become a Manakete unit. Inspiration comes from characters being corrupted and possessed by tomes pertaining to dark dragons in previous Fire Emblem games.

Edited by Red Falcon

Okay, I'll try my hand on another one

Slaughterer

Slaughterers focus on pure power with great speed similar to a Berserker. The only difference is that Slaughterers have powerful defensive and sustaining abilities that can make them a fearful tank and sweeper.

Weapons: Axe, Swords,

Description: Mad, blood-crazed savages with fearsome offense and even scarier thirst for blood. Wields Axes, Swords, and Bows

Skill 1: Thirst - The Slaughterer's attacks recovers health based on 1/4 of the damage dealt.

Skill 2: Inhuman Endurance - Activation rate: Skill divided by 2. When activated, damage received from enemy is reduced to 0

Nice class. Also, you can post as many classes you want as long as they aren't repost. So go nuts.

In that case, here's one more...

Class: Sleuth

promotes from Thief

Description: A fiendish ally with the ability to evade enemies. Uses bows.

Weapons: Bows

Skill 1: Ambush

Activation rate = skill*2%

Strength, Skill, and Speed +5 during current turn if Evade was used during previous turn.

Skill 2: Distraction

Hit rate -10 to all adjacent enemies.

Stats: Similar to Assassin but with greater resistance and defence, with less luck and speed.

The Sleuth class adds an addition command "Evade" which allows the unit to hide from the map for one turn, preventing the unit from being attacked. Once activated, the command will only appear again during alternating turns.

Edited by Red Falcon

Class: Inquisitor

Promotes from: Cleric

Description: An individual tasked with spreading Naga's word. Wields Swords and Tomes.

Weapons: Swords and Tomes

Skill 1: Foresight

Unit receives no additional damage from critical hits.

Skill 2: Purge

Dark Magic does no damage. Activation Rate (Luck/2).

Stats: Similar to War Cleric, but trades some defensive stats for offensive.

Gender Exclusive: No.

Class: Groom (To go with Bride DLC class)

Description: A sly ally who's quick on his feet, though lacks proper Defense and Resistance.

Weapons: Swords, Bows, Staves

Skill 1: Love Shot

Activation Rate: Skill %

Halves damage dealt to the enemy, but heals unit for twice as much. (Kinda like reverse Sol).

Skill 2: Enchantment

Grants +10 Hit Rate / Avoid to all units within 3 spaces.

Stats: Similar to Bride, but has less defense and resistance that makes up through Skill and Speed.

Gender Exclusive: Male

Required Item: Wedding Corsage

Inquisitor is a very interesting class. It would be a perfect endgame class for characters like Libra and Brady. The names of the skills are brilliant by the way.

And Groom would make a perfect counterpart to bride. There would have to be a bonus skill or special action for pairing a broom and a bride together in combat.

Ooh! I'd love to make another one.

Class: Mistress

Description: A battle maiden equipped with high Magic and Speed, but terribly lacks Strength and Resistance.

Weapons: Tomes, Staves

Skill 1: Catch & Release

Activation Rate: Skill / 2

The first hit immobilizes the enemy (negating enemy attack), dealing half the damage on screen. The second hit deals full damage, however freeing opponent from previous immobilization.

Skill 2: Dual Heal

Allows unit to heal themselves if they are currently healing an ally. (Cannot heal themselves if there is no one else to heal).

Stats: Similar to that of Sage stats, though has better Magic, Skill, and Speed. Defense appears to be slightly better, but Strength and Resistance fail miserably.

Gender Exclusive: Female

Required Item: Magic Wand

Okay, I don't know why, but I just like to make classes, so here

Class: Tyrant

Tyrant is an armored knight with great defensive stats and exceptional strength. Speed is one of their flaws, but their reasonable skill makes it so a devastating strike will hit... most of the time. Despite being on the ground, the Tyrant's vehement strength allows him to move as much as a cavalier. Being a boss character, expect him to have some extremely overpowered skills.

Weapons: Axe, Swords, Lances

Description: An armored destroyer fearsome in both appearance and combat. Wields Swords, Axes, and Lances.

Skill 1: Abomination: Gives immunity to critical hits and halves the effectiveness active offensive abilities. (This means Luna will pierce 1/4 of armor, Ignis and Vengeance's damage boost is halved, and Astra's strikes will deal a quarter damage)

Skill 2: Unrighteous Dictator: In a 10 square radius, enemies skill activation rates are reduced by 20%

Class: Keeper- promotes from (or a variant of) Grandmaster

Description: One who has attained enlightenment by gaining great knowledge.

Weapons: Swords/Tomes (including dark magic)

Skill 1: Master's Insight- Nullifies breakers and enemy terrain bonuses.

Skill 2: Clairvoyance- Chance to avoid all damage from an attack (trigger rate = 1/2 skill stat)

Inquisitor is a very interesting class. It would be a perfect endgame class for characters like Libra and Brady. The names of the skills are brilliant by the way.

And Groom would make a perfect counterpart to bride. There would have to be a bonus skill or special action for pairing a broom and a bride together in combat.

I kind of got the image of Libra smacking a Dark Mage over the head and shouting 'HEATHEN' which I found amusing and which gave me the idea.

Class: Weaponmaster

Enigimatic beings that have mastered the use of the weapon triangle. Wields swords, lances, and axes.

Wields swords, lances, and axes.

Ability 1: Weapon Mastery

Increases advantages/Decreases disadvantages caused by the weapon triangle. An additional +50% hit/miss, +1 DMG for advantages, 20% hit/miss for neutral, and +15% hit/miss if (s)he is at a disadvantage.

Ability 2: Dual Wield
Chance = (Skill + Speed) / 3

Chance% of landing an additional strike with another weapon in the user's inventory. Weapon use for that weapon will not increase.

[spoiler=Stat Caps]

HP: 80
STR: 44

MAG: 30

SKILL: 47

SPD: 42

DEF: 40

RES: 38

Class: Dragonslayer

Description: A mercenary who trained to protect people from ferocious dragons. Wields swords

Skill 1: Dragonbreaker: +50% hit and avoid if the enemy is a dragon (manaketes or grima)

Skill 2: Dragoncrusher : Chance of negating manaketes dragonstone bonuses (skill/2)

Class: Dragonslayer

Description: A mercenary who trained to protect people from ferocious dragons. Wields swords

Skill 1: Dragonbreaker: +50% hit and avoid if the enemy is a dragon (manaketes or grima)

Skill 2: Dragoncrusher : Chance of negating manaketes dragonstone bonuses (skill/2)

Shouldn't Dragonslayer's Skills work against Wyvern Riders and Knights as well?