FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as the FoW looks, it kinda defeats the whole purpose of FoW.

less dramatic, more playable, pretend most of the enemies are invisible

I'd think Yeti just haven't coded that part yet.

It'd be pretty neat if you could do a similar lighting-trick with light sources in the maps, like torches or firepits, or even around cities (darkening away from buildings). Like, make a slightly brighter, flame-tinted aura or something.

• 1 month later...

But I thought people turned white when they get stabbed.

Will people catch on fire too? And how will cavaliers react when they get stabbed in the nuts?

HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO COOOL

And Bern gets a new palette? Or is that a place holder like the other two

Edited by deranger

I hate waiting for enemy phase to finish. The maps in this game are huge too =X

Perhaps they could add phase skipping like in FE11 and 12 where if you pushed start during the enemy phase it would skip completely.

Dunno if that'd be difficult to implement, though...

As I brought up on the FE7x forum, the poses of the fighter do not really make sense with the way he is being attacked.

The cavalier is stabbing him yet he appears to be crouching and the mercenary is coming from above so you'd think the fighter would be crouching from taking a blow to the head, not spread out as if he's been stabbed/hit front-on with a lot of force.

Though what I am saying may be completely unnecessary as I do not know what is looks animated, nor do I know how you are doing it. Maybe every class has an x amount of hit poses that happen at random instead of a specific hit pose for how they're hit.

Regardless, the poses are well-done and it is a very cool idea. :)

Edited by eCut

Perhaps they could add phase skipping like in FE11 and 12 where if you pushed start during the enemy phase it would skip completely.

http://puu.sh/bNjQ

You mean like this?

This was one of the first features implemented after the switch to XNA lol

Ten enemies can move in less than a second ~'3'~

The little text in the corner blinks :R

Edited by BwdYeti

Why would you turn off animations on anything Yeti works on? I feel sorry for them too.

Why would you turn off animations on any Super Robot Wars game? I feel sorry for them too. Oh wait no I don't because strategy games take over twice as long with all animations on. In my opinion, the best way to include an animations on/off thing would be to allow people to decide before each battle whether they want to watch the animation, like in Super Robot Wars, though having another screen before every battle could be annoying. Maybe dedicate a button to turning animations on/off at any point or allowing you to skip animations by pressing start like in the DS FEs?

http://puu.sh/bNjQ

You mean like this?

This was one of the first features implemented after the switch to XNA lol

Ten enemies can move in less than a second ~'3'~

The little text in the corner blinks :R

Oh!

I've never played FE7x, so I did not know that.

It isn't in any demo out so far, it's in the new XNA version I'm working on now

Maybe dedicate a button to turning animations on/off at any point or allowing you to skip animations by pressing start like in the DS FEs?
Already going to make battles skippable with Start, and at one point I was considering making Select/something switch the animation mode at any time but with the player able to skip the enemy turn or individual battles I'm not sure it's needed. Might still do it though

2268bac1f38d504824b81190acb56a7b.png

As I brought up on the FE7x forum, the poses of the fighter do not really make sense with the way he is being attacked.

The cavalier is stabbing him yet he appears to be crouching and the mercenary is coming from above so you'd think the fighter would be crouching from taking a blow to the head, not spread out as if he's been stabbed/hit front-on with a lot of force.

They didn't at first to me either, but now they make sense. The mercenary attack involves his sword slicing down, which would strike the fighter in the head/shoulders. If the fighter was leaning even slightly back, the strike would push his entire torso back instead of forwards. And I so the fighter as more being stabbed in the stomach than the head, which would make crouching make sense. Even if it was in the chest, which is what it looks like the strike is coming from above, so it might push the body part it's striking downwards.

More important than either of those things, the second one is a normal hit and the first is a crit. That'll be the general style for all attacks, slight flinches and hunching over on normal hits and being knocked backward on crits. Some attacks might use the same frame for both hits (like the crit frame on an uppercut, or the hit frame on a gut stab), but I prefer the consistency of the current plan

2268bac1f38d504824b81190acb56a7b.png

can I have the honor of giving you a medal, a trophy, or several of each because this is approximately the best thing ever

all i can do is wonder how awesome other classes will be too