[PHOTOS] 20th Anniversary Fire Emblem Artbook

Popo

Hello, SF!

My copy of the Fire Emblem 20th Anniversary Artbook arrived in my mailbox this morning, so I flipped through it with my camera at my side, and tried to get a nice survey of the contents of the book for you to look at. I tried to take at least a few photos from each section, but due to my own personal interests, I put the biggest emphasis on the artwork specially done for the book, and the Elibe section, which included those in-game screenshots we all loved sans the grainy overlay that we all hated. ;3

All of these were taken one-handed with a camera, so I apologize for odd cropping, dubious quality, glare from the sun, or anything else that might be an issue. I'm willing to scan anything that doesn't fall right on the edge of the binding, so please tell me if you'd like something scanned. I'm also hoping to get better shots of the new artwork. Enjoy!

General Images

[spoiler=General Images]

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

New Artwork

[spoiler=New Artwork]

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8575.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8579-1.jpg

Fire Emblem History

[spoiler=Fire Emblem History]

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

Akaneia

[spoiler=Akaneia]

IMG_8582.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

Valencia

[spoiler=Valencia]

IMG_8583-1.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

Jugdral

[spoiler=Jugdral]

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8586-1.jpg

* I have no idea what this is, so I included a close-up in case someone who knows Japanese wants to take a stab at it. A family tree, maybe?

IMG_8588.jpg

Edited by Popo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elibe

[spoiler=Elibe]

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8594-1.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8613_31.jpg

IMG_8614_4.jpg

IMG_8617_7.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

FE7 In-Game Artwork

[spoiler=FE7 In-Game Artwork]

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8598_8.jpg

IMG_8597-1.jpg

IMG_8596-1.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg

IMG_8613_32.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8601_1.jpg

IMG_8604.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8600_0.jpg

IMG_8606.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

♥ ♥ ♥

Magvel

[spoiler=Magvel]

* This section was quite small. D:

IMG_8619.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg

Tellius

[spoiler=Tellius]

IMG_8621_11.jpg

IMG_8624_4.jpg

IMG_8625_51.jpg

New Mystery

[spoiler=New Mystery]

IMG_8627_72.jpg

Trading Card Game

[spoiler=Trading Card Game]

IMG_8625_52.jpg

IMG_8627_71.jpg

Miscellaneous

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

IMG_8590-1.jpg

IMG_8592-1.jpg

IMG_8630.jpg

Edited by Popo

omg Thank you so much!

I can't read much Moonspeak Japanese beyond some basic kana, but I took a look at the family tree and Galzus is Ayra's nephew from her and Mariccle's nameless older sister. That's pretty interesting.

I didn't even know Kafti existed until I looked at that map of Elibe. :I

Interesting.

That's actually why I scanned the Elibe map in particular. I think I've seen this "expanded" version before, but I still thought it was cool. :3

Can we get a bigger version of the Mist movie concept art? I'm really curious to know what it says (Why is she flashing us?)

You mean the last page of the Tellius section? Someone has already scanned the concept art and posted it here. :3 I think the designers were just trying to break down the many layers of clothing that the characters wear, including undergarments, apparently. XD

So yeah. The Elibe section confirmed canon, I guess. unless I was really out of the loop.

About pairings?

Edited by Popo

Can we get a bigger version of the Mist movie concept art? I'm really curious to know what it says (Why is she flashing us?)

I believe it's physically impossible to read the text. The image that's used in the book or the printing of the book just isn't high resolution enough. I even tried using a magnifying glass, but all I could find out was that the image is actually rather pixellated...

Yep. They showed LynxRath in the family tree, and had EliwoodxNinian and HectorxFlorina set apart from the other ending CG's.

Oh! I didn't notice the Lyn/Rath page, but I still wonder about Eliwood/Ninian. I mean, yes, obviously they want you to think that putting them together is the correct solution, but I've always felt that if other options are present, then they can be just as canon as anything else. (Otherwise, where's the value of including other pairings at all?) I'm not going to lie though, I hate Eliwood/Ninian, so... XD

Yep. They showed LynxRath in the family tree, and had EliwoodxNinian and HectorxFlorina set apart from the other ending CG's.

I think you're reading too much into things. The family trees show every single pairing possibility and in Rath's case, he can only be paired with Lyn so that's why she's the only person there. If you check Pherae's tree, you'll see Eliwood with his 3 possible wives and Roy with his dozen or so.

As for the CGs, I'm assuming they were lazy to show them all. There is a bit "If..." next to the CGs as well, implying they don't have to occur...

That much is true, however, Florina and Ninian are put first in Hector and Eliwood's trees, despite not being first alphabetically. Same with Lilina and Roy.

Right, because those pairings are the most heavily implied. But that's nothing new, and as I said, it doesn't mean that other pairings, like Hector/Farina or Eliwood/Fiora, are wrong.

Also, what about the ending images? (I think I missed something.) XD All the paired endings were in the Elibe section, but I may have missed some of them in my photos. >o<

Well, next to Eliwood's art it shows the EliwoodxNinian CG. Not sure if Hector's shows HectorxFlorina (it shows it next to Florina. I can only assume it shows LynxHector and/or LynxEliwood next to hers and same goes for the other wives).

Well, next to Eliwood's art it shows the EliwoodxNinian CG. Not sure if Hector's shows HectorxFlorina (it shows it next to Florina. I can only assume it shows LynxHector and/or LynxEliwood next to hers and same goes for the other wives).

I think you're reading into it a bit too much. ^^; Eliwood/Ninian is heavily implied in the plot, so it should rightly appear next to Eliwood's pertinent character information. The only reason why I don't believe it's the "true" ending is because you still have to go through the support conversations to pair him with Ninian. If it were the "most right" of all the pairings, I think she would also end up marrying him if you decided not to engage any ending supports at all. (As in, if you don't get an A-level with either Lyn or Fiora, you automatically end up with Ninian regardless of whether you supported with her.)

Is anyone able to translate the little text blurbs next to each paired ending CG? (Is it just basic info, or something new?)

[spoiler=Paired Endings]IMG_8659.jpg

IMG_8658.jpg

Also, I noticed that there's a fairly substantial timeline at the beginning of each game's section. Is any one interested in looking them over for fun or for other purposes? Maybe it'll help our timeline discussion? XD I really wish I could read Japanese at times like this. ;__;

The timelines in the book mainly repeat information we already know (like FE2, FE6/7 or FE8's timeline) or existing timelines (FE1/3, FE4/5 and FE9/10's timelines).

Which reminds me, I'll never fully understand FE4/5's timeline...

Edited by VincentASM

Is anyone able to translate the little text blurbs next to each paired ending CG? (Is it just basic info, or something new?)

[spoiler=Paired Endings]IMG_8659.jpg

IMG_8658.jpg

Just basic info. Like for Fiora's case it says that she returns to Ilia even with A supports and then marries them there. If with Eliwood, she stays in Pherae. Her's has an explanation for each case because that's on her character page, while Ninian's paired ending note is on Eliwood's.

For Ninian's, it explains that Eliwood will marry girls he can A support with, which is the list includes Ninian, Lyn, and Fiora. "In this picture" is the case when Ninian has an A support with him, she becomes his bride.

lol dangit, I learned 花嫁(はなよめ) from Seto no Hanayome. XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just basic info. Like for Fiora's case it says that she returns to Ilia even with A supports and then marries them there. If with Eliwood, she stays in Pherae. Her's has an explanation for each case because that's on her character page, while Ninian's paired ending note is on Eliwood's.

For Ninian's, it explains that Eliwood will marry girls he can A support with, which is the list includes Ninian, Lyn, and Fiora. "In this picture" is the case when Ninian has an A support with him, she becomes his bride.

lol dangit, I learned 花嫁(はなよめ) from Seto no Hanayome. XD

Thanks for the explanation!

The timelines in the book mainly repeat information we already know (like FE2, FE6/7 or FE8's timeline) or existing timelines (FE1/3, FE4/5 and FE9/10's timelines).

Which reminds me, I'll never fully understand FE4/5's timeline...

Shoot. I was hoping that the timelines for each section might reveal a little something new that could hint towards a chronology for the series. It just seemed like a lot of text to say "lol this was the Scouring, here are the legendary heroes" etc. XD