Soren =o

I have some strong feeling this has had a topic very similar to it :mellow:

I'm just curious... Why does everyone like Soren so much?

I know why I like him, but I wanna see how others feel compared to me.

So, huh? huh? huh?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren's really overdone if you ask me. Sure, he has the "tragic" history and he practically holds Ike's hand all the time, but those don't really appeal to me.

As a fighter, he didn't really fit my needs. I prefer the GBA mages to him, myself. I usually use Tormod or one of the pre-promoted Sages in my FE9 playthroughs.

I think he's pretty awesome. I feel the FE games are kind of childish (probably from their liberal use of fantasy clichés) so I find quite a lot of the units annoying and tend to focus on their abilities on the field.

In that regard, Soren's no slouch. Win speed for a mage, win attack power (he even got screwed for me when i used him and still no complaints), and a built in Adept, one of the best skills in the game in my opinion.

I just wish he could support someone other than Ike and Stefan. It lowers his replay value for me because I like to re-support my units with different people every playthrough.

Azel actually isn't all that good -_-

Soren is possibly your worst character for chapters 4 to 6, and continues to be a rather poor unit for another couple of chapters. I'd say he starts actually being good from the start of chapter 8 or 9 or so.

So he's actually rather poor earlygame.

:(

Azel actually isn't all that good -_-

Soren is possibly your worst character for chapters 4 to 6, and continues to be a rather poor unit for another couple of chapters. I'd say he starts actually being good from the start of chapter 8 or 9 or so.

So he's actually rather poor earlygame.

:(

There's better characters than Azel, I know but he's still dealing decent damage AND doubling in the first few chapters despite having that stupid fire tome on him. Getting him to reach Mage Knight has never been problem and he gets better when you switch him from Fire to Thunder tome and Thunder to Wind.

Soren a bad early game? Never seen it... I've always found him to level up decently with little or no problems.

Edited by Boo

I thought Soren was kinda meh gameplay-wise in RD. He dietreated in 3-1 on my first playthrough, and when I used him on my next, I found that I hadn't missed much.

And yeah, he's pretty much shoved down your throat, but I can't not love him. He wasn't hugged enough =( And he's cute (maybe a little too cute).

He's also an angsty version of Diogenes, and that's epic.

Evil madman + Asinine dragon = Pwnage child

There's better characters than Azel, I know but he's still dealing decent damage AND doubling in the first few chapters despite having that stupid fire tome on him. Getting him to reach Mage Knight has never been problem and he gets better when you switch him from Fire to Thunder tome and Thunder to Wind.

Soren a bad early game? Never seen it... I've always found him to level up decently with little or no problems.

He also has lollable movement. He can't get anywhere fast enough since all your mounted units have much, much more movement. He's pretty much useful only half the time.

Reasons I like him:

Blunt asshole, which usually makes me laugh.

Adept always kicked in at the right time for me, except that time with Shinon.

Support with Ike made him untouchable.

Owned Wyvern Lords with a regular wind tome.

It's mainly his crazy Magic growth. And yes, I do think he's overrated, his Speed hurts him a lot. But Adept + good Skill helps there. I'd say he's good, but not amazing.

Soren's an alright character, but basically like all the FE9 Mages, mediocre until promotion. Basically exists just to get Stefan a support. ^_^

Isn't everyone mediocre until promotion