SSBB Tournament!

Zanarkin

From the time being, I have no general complaints about stage selection. That'll be agreement between my opponent. Let's not have too many restrictions. I agree with 3 stock, I don't mind about time, but no time seems even good for me. I suppose all of the competitors are strong enough to face his/her opponent with 0 or 100% dmg, and not staring/escaping (escaping =/= dodging) from them. The idea is to make the tourney both enjoyable and challenging.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bold...What the hell? Nobody cares how much you grab the ledge.

Agreed.

... geez. Get off your crutches people.

Just go with tourney standard. Sheesh >_>; (As in, the ones you have on the first page right now)

It keeps crap simple.

If you want different rulesets, organize your own in your own thread.

I might sound like a tourneyfag right now... but seeing how many people you have to organize this with and how this is a wi-fi tourney... the longer you spend going on with ruleset debates, the longer this is gonna go on, and the more chances this is going to fail.

I don't think many people here (if any) are douches and are gonna camp to get their opponent to ragequit... considering how there's no actual money involved, but the timer SHOULD still be there for REASONABLE time for matches to finish. I don't think a lot of you will be happy if you have 30 minute matches with a set of 5 of them to do.

Also, question.

When picking stages, should both players be on Instant Messengers or something? I mean, how else are you give your choice to your opponent after a match? And picking stages before-hand... ehh..

Edited by shadowofkitty

"If anyone wants to help with this, sort of like a co-mod, then it would start sooner."

I'm willing to help, if there is anything to help with?

^

Yeah, but the timer is already in the rules, so that's taken care of? I know a few people with whom my matches would go on for 5 minutes per stock without timer - and now this isn't a problem.

As for LGL, I don't really care, but I know that I want to be in a favourable position if I'm losing. And camping gives me that against many characters. (lol no, I won't really camp my ass off in a tourney like this, even if I did everywhere else) Well, it's just a special rule for special cases, but I think that it's good to have special cases sorted out beforehand to ensure that there won't be disagreements on who wins/loses etc. Well, nobody cares apparently, and people assume I, or anyone else, wouldn't get so bitchy with MK, so I guess, what ever. Although I do main Ganondorf. Beats MK campers any day. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

When picking stages, should both players be on Instant Messengers or something? I mean, how else are you give your choice to your opponent after a match? And picking stages before-hand... ehh..

IP chat works great for stuff like this.

"If anyone wants to help with this, sort of like a co-mod, then it would start sooner."

I'm willing to help, if there is anything to help with?

^

Mostly, just to help me organize and set up the matches for when i got the 16 people. However we don't seem to be going to get 16 people so i'll need some help making a point based system...

IP chat works great for stuff like this.

What kirsche said.

We could play Swiss, basically you determine how many rounds you wanna play and in every round, players are paired depending on how well they did so far. The winner is awarded points and whoever has the most points after X rounds wins. Swiss would also have the advantage that you aren't immediately eliminated when you lose a set.

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Swiss_system_tournament

We could play Swiss, basically you determine how many rounds you wanna play and in every round, players are paired depending on how well they did so far. The winner is awarded points and whoever has the most points after X rounds wins. Swiss would also have the advantage that you aren't immediately eliminated when you lose a set.

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Swiss_system_tournament

I like that way more... Hmm... I'll look into it... I'd like another person however, just to make it even.

It is interesting how many changes this tournament has gone through in the past few days lol

Hopefully it was all for the better.

I suggest using Tio Tournament Organizer for, well, keeping track of things, checking the pairings, having nice image outputs and stuff.

E: Although if going Swiss - I don't think it has the format supported by default.

E2: As for the format - I've no complaints against it, and it has many advantages over single-elimination, especially when we don't know players' skill levels beforehand.

Edited by mmKALLL

Yep I like the swiss format better. It will allow to fight different opponents and won't take too long. Just one more player and we'll start.

I'll join your silly game.

I'll edit this post with my code.

1976-9843-8701

Edited by Royal Ludroth

Awesome. Sign ups closed. Will come back with the thing fixed later.

This is not a KO Tournament anymore, this is a Swiss Tournament.

All rigth the first round will be

Kirsche Vs. mmKALLL

Core Vs. Luffy

Angru Mainya Vs. Chaoskitty

ShadowofKitty Vs. Waha Knife

SlayerX Vs. Quintessence

Royal Ludroth Vs. Xeylode

Winners will get 1 point, losers will get 0. There will be 4 Rounds. Deadline for the matches will be for August 10.

Edited by SlayerX

Kirsche Vs. mmKALLL

Core Vs. Luffy (Blazer)

SlayerX Vs. Quintessence

Winners will get 1 point, losers will get 0. There will be 4 Rounds. Deadline for the matches will be for August 10.

You Waha Idiot, you're not supposed to say Waha Knife. That defeats the whole purpose.

Also, show yourself my Waha Opponent! And tell me when you can play. I'm free between now and 6:30 Central (5 hours from now).

Kirsche Vs. mmKALLL

Core Vs. Luffy (Blazer)

SlayerX Vs. Quintessence

Interesting.

I'll be coordinating with Kaoz in a bit.

You Waha Idiot, you're not supposed to say Waha Knife. That defeats the whole purpose.

... Forgive me Waha Master. What should I Waha call you?

Also, show yourself my Waha Opponent! And tell me when you can play. I'm free between now and 6:30 Central (5 hours from now).

Hello? I PM'd you? Respond please?

AIM, Skype, Serenes Chatroom?

Blazer probably will need the deadline extended, he said he couldn't play until the 11th.

Alright then, new deadline will be Saturday August 13

Hopefully thats enough time. If you have any inconvenience with the deadline, speak up now.

I will ask that everyone post where they live and their timezones, so as to make the next following rounds easier for people to meet with each other and for there to be less lag.

^That

Considering you said sign-ups were ending the 9th I figured I'd have time, but if I don't have time I'll have to drop out. I could probably play the day after I come back from my flight though, and since I get back on the 10th I think, that means the 11th. :|

Core Vs. Luffy (Blazer)

As of now I request to be called Luffy in this tournament I should probably change my avatar so I don't sound like a hypocrite though... meh, laziness is kicking in... T_T

Edited by Luffy

Suna, Espoo,Finland, Europe, Earth, Sun's solar system, Milky Way. That should be accurate enough.

[GMT+2], or 10 hours over [PST], I think?

Edited by mmKALLL