slice 'n' spice

deranger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I could put some significant body turning in on the critical. Might be more work than I'm willing to do before a release though.

Jumping would most likely not work in a ROM since the arrow is a separate animation, though I'm not exactly sure on the exact abilities of projectile/spell insertion or using separate projectile/spell animations between attacks and criticals. I've considered doing a sort of somersault rotation about the torso so the arrow would still be released entirely horizontally, but all jumping will have to wait for t2. And maybe FEXNA.

@avoid frames

5Ungu.png

(since you mentioned her)

1. The blur frames shouldn't go all the way to the edge of the end sprites, so some motion is still happening. Note the head, spearpoint, right leg, right arm in particular

2. The blurs should be more solid blocks of color without too much detail

3. You used 4cs for the blur frame timings, you want 5 or 7 (GBA FE anims mostly use 5 for the blur in and 7 for the blur out)

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to making this semi-publishable. It featured in last year's FEE3. Since then I've made minor tweaks, but for the most part have just been lazy/figured I'd make it nicer with time (which really isn't happening at this rate).

ZWhsSj9.png

[spoiler=240x160 gif, because I was too lazy to correct the color order in the gif, and alternate passable colour schemes]

iTL4KZI.gif

I9Zp98E.png

No permission necessary, this and the gif are open source (just give credit). I only ask that when you put it in game, try experimenting with the pallette, don't want them all looking the same. Also, give them the ability to traverse thickets. Most palettes might be a bit weird because I used portrait colours when creating it, so the If you have any critique, direct it to my spriting topic. This was inspired by rangers and woodland archers the like that appear in a lot of fantasy media, intended to be tier 1, though I have no idea when I'll be making tier 2.

Class role type description: Cloaked bowmen who loose arrows from the shadows

feditor packages: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wk62poray6743dg/nbi8loS8cy

Edited by deranger