Article submission

VincentASM

If anyone wants to plan to submit a story-related article, please post here or PM me.

Published articles

Submitted articles

Article - Game - Author

• Levin - Genealogy of the Holy War - etellerannet7
  • Celice - Genealogy of the Holy War - luigi bros
  • Lyn - Blazing Sword - Hyde
  • Titania - PoR/RD - FreelancerSealBoy
  • Shinon - PoR/RD - FreelancerSealBoy

Pending articles

Article - Game - Author

• Bantu - FE1/3/11 - Pacman089
  • The Dragon Tribe - FE1/3/11 - VincentASM
  • FE3 Book 2 Synopsis - VincentASM
  • Altenna - Genealogy of the Holy War - etellerannet7
  • Ethlin - Genealogy of the Holy War - Persephone
  • Cuan - Genealogy of the Holy War - Persephone
  • Lachesis - Genealogy of the Holy War - Persephone
  • "Genealogy of the Crusaders" - Genealogy of the Holy War - etellerannet7
  • Thracia 776 Sypnosis - thunderstrife
  • Hector - FE6/7 - King_Soren
  • Raven - Blazing Sword - Raven
  • Priscilla - Blazing Sword - Red Fox of Fire
  • Legault - Blazing Sword - LightBrand99
  • Jaffar - Blazing Sword - LightBrand99
  • The Black Fang - Blazing Sword - ZephyrShakuraus
  • Joshua - The Sacred Stones - Serene
  • Marisa - The Sacred Stones - Serene
  • Ashnard - Path of Radiance - Ashnard
  • Whole lot of stuff - Aurabolt
  • Ike - PoR/RD - Eltoshen
  • Soren - PoR/RD - Paper Jam
  • Geoffrey - PoR/RD - Eltoshen
  • Mia - PoR/RD - Dark Valamor
  • Reyson - PoR/RD - Persephone
  • Rafiel - PoR/RD - Persephone
  • Renning - PoR/RD - Eltoshen
  • The Black Knight/Zelgius- PoR/RD - Nightmare
  • The Blood Pact - PoR/RD - King_Soren

What I'm currently looking for

Plot sypnoses, character info and bios, major events (eg. the Serenes Massacre from FE9/10), major groups (eg. the Black Fang from FE7).

If there's something else you'd like to do, feel free to discuss with me. Articles can be from any game as well (obviously?).

Format and style

Currently there's no particular format set in stone. However I would prefer articles to be written in prose (eg. not just bullet notes).

Notes

• For now, you don't have to worry about marking spoilers.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I debated whether or not this should be put in this topic or the other one since I'm not necessarily claiming Sain as a topic, but you presumably are able to move it if you don't think this is the appropriate thread. Anyways, I've written a draft for a bio of Sain from FE7 (it's in American English but I can change it to reflect British spellings if you would like). I assumed that all of the game's text regarding Sain is relatively faithful to the Japanese version of the game. I'm sure it could do with some cleaning up and restructuring (I'm particularly concerned about the clarity of the second paragraph); by posting it here I concede it to any revisions anyone thinks appropriate, there's probably a lot that can be clarified. If it doesn't match what you're looking for, I can change it tomorrow or leave it to someone else (I have a lot of work to do tonight).

I don't know whether it's too inconsistent to refer to Lyn by her various titles instead of just one name. I also don't know if I should include quotes which show his character. Again, whatever works and you find to be most appropriate. I don't mind if this isn't even used if it allows for the creation of a model of sorts to be played around with, it might help reveal things that might better be avoided versus things that should be addressed, or whether or not certain something like how Lyn's name is presented (as I mentioned above) is at all relevant.

EDIT (2008.09.30): The support conversations I referenced were taken from GameFAQs. I hope that they are correct.

[Removed to save space. Tell me if you need it back ~VincentASM]

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this section. I've got way too much time on my hands, especially in december, so I could write a bunch of 4/5 articles. Doubt they will get too many readers, but those are the games I know best. Is there interest for it?

I wrote one about Fin. Should I just post it in a topic?

Also, I would like to make articles on Alvis, the Barhara Massacre and Levin. Or I could just keep writing without asking first, if that's okay.

You can post your Fin article in a topic, but you'll need to wait a moment while I adjust the board permissions.

EDIT

Oh, it's done already : P

Also, I would like to make articles on Alvis, the Barhara Massacre and Levin. Or I could just keep writing without asking first, if that's okay.

You should probably ask, just in case somebody wants to do the same article as you ^^

Anyway, those articles seem fine.

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...
Generally, I'd favour articles about the main characters (eg. Roy) or sypnoses/plot analysis. On the other hand, I'd also like writers to do whatever they feel like doing. However, the former will probably attract more readers. Then again, it's kind of useless if nobody really feels like writing them. So... dilemmas ensue D:

If you can manage it, anything that you feel would be important or fundamental would probably be a good idea to start (i.e the former stuff).

I didn't know quotes could be taken to other topics

I'm switching topic to post in.

I'll mix former and not absolutely former, and request Sigurd and Althena after Levin. Actually I also want to do one on the family relations of the crusader descendants if that's okay, call it family tree with more in writing or something (I'll probably write it whether or not it ends up on the site). These may be written over days or months, I'm not sure.

Also Vincent, are you still planning on the 1/3 book 1/DS synopsis? I don't want to push you if you're busy, but I'd like to make one for fe4 based on yours. I don't mind waiting, though.

I'm obsessed with fe4 and 5

I'll mix former and not absolutely former, and request Sigurd and Althena after Levin. Actually I also want to do one on the family relations of the crusader descendants if that's okay, call it family tree with more in writing or something (I'll probably write it whether or not it ends up on the site). These may be written over days or months, I'm not sure.

Sure, those sound cool.

Also Vincent, are you still planning on the 1/3 book 1/DS synopsis? I don't want to push you if you're busy, but I'd like to make one for fe4 based on yours. I don't mind waiting, though.

Yeah, I'm still planning it. I'll probably work on it within a week or so. Of course, if it doesn't work out, I'll mention it.

I'd like to do one about Soren in FE9 and 10, although I must assume that you have many requests to do that one already...

Or I could do one about Soren's father, although he's pretty popular too...

I thought I'd write up a bit about Soren's pre-PoR history, and I hope you don't mind if I copy it here.

[Removed to free space ~VincentASM]

That's all I have for the moment. I want to be sure it wasn't a waste of time before continuing on to the events of PoR and RD.

Edited by VincentASM

I assumed you wrote the same thing in the submitted article, so I removed it from your post to save space. If you need it back for some reason, just tell me, since I saved a copy.

Soren is free right now- the only requests I've had are the ones listed in the Pending Articles section. However, I do have someone else in mind to do his father's article. If they're not able to, I'll tell you ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FreelancerSealBoy

I know there's already one pending article from me, but just so I get my claim first, I'd like to take a crack at:

Lyon

Tethys

I'd do some from FE7, but I haven't played it in a long time. Same goes for FE8, 9, and 10, but it's a bit more fresh in my mind. Hopefully, I can get refreshed on it quick, but speed was never my forte with Fire Emblem.

Edited by FreelancerSealBoy

Sure, those two seem good.

Makes me want to start on a character article now, since the last two articles I did were both pure story ones X D

EDIT

Claimed Linda and Book 2 synopsis for myself.

EDIT2

I'll go claim Merric, Tiki and Sigrun as well : O

Edited by VincentASM

I'd like to claim Geoffrey and Largo if possible? I already have much of Largo's written as it's a lot shorter than Ike's. Oh my god, Ike's is painful. XD

Sure, those seem good.

For Ike, you could probably skip the major events, since I could put them in the FE9/10 synopsis instead. Although that begs the question- what should be included in the Ike article at all? (I can't answer that since I'm wondering the same for a Marth article...)

Yeah, XD. Since he's basically involved in every little thing...

Maybe I'll just include parts about his background and his aggression towards the Black Knight (since that seemed really important). And some major events that involved him personally, I guess.

I finally remember my login info and it seems I have come back in time for this XD

I don't give a crap what anyone says--here's a list of who I will be writing about. You get dibs on them if they are not online by the end of the month:

EDIT: I decided to remove some stuff from my Bounty List and have updated things with what I have done =D

The Tellius Games

Zelgius and Sephrain-POSTED

Greil/Gawain-POSTED

Lehran (FE9, FE10) and Sephrain (FE9, FE10) -Working on Now

Micaiah and Sanaki

Kurthnaga (FE9, FE10)

Stefan

Tormod and Muriam

The Kingdom of Goldoa

The Kingdom of Daein

Magvel

Joshua and Caellach

Ewan and Saleh

Ephraim

Eirika

Myrrh

Seth

Renais' Sacred Stone

Riev and Rausten

As I finish them I will update this post. Here's hoping this sparks so competition amongst those who've already pledged to write articles!

Edited by Aurabolt

Guest FreelancerSealBoy
I finally remember my login info and it seems I have come back in time for this XD

I don't give a crap what anyone says--here's a list of who I will be writing about. You get dibs on them if they are not online by the end of the month:

The Tellius Games

Zelgius and Sephrain

Greil/Gawain

Lehran (FE9, FE10) and Sephrain (FE9, FE10)

Sothe (FE9, FE10)

Micaiah and Sanaki

Kurthnaga (FE9, FE10)

Stefan

Tormod and Muriam

The Kingdom of Goldoa

The Kingdom of Daein

Magvel

Joshua and Caellach

Gerik

Ewan

Tethys

Saleh

Ephraim

Eirika

Myrrh

Seth

Innes

Tana

Renais' Sacred Stone

Riev and Rausten

As I finish them I will update this post. Here's hoping this sparks so competition amongst those who've already pledged to write articles!

There are so many words I have for this, but I'm too nice to say them. <_<

All right, if you want to play hardball, you got it bub.