Bifrost is useless.

Basically just leave it in your Maid/Butler's inventory and save it for those moments when you mess up. It can save you a reset I guess.

It's admittedly completely useless in Casual mode though.

I really hope the AI gets clever and hides Joker out of range then whips out the Bifrost when you kill their highest level unit. Never seen someone use it though.

Edited by gayserbeam

...That said, outside of getting two dragonstones in SD and Balmung!Larcei HO!!! in Genealogy... the Rez staves have all been... worthless.

Especially on Casual Mode where it's literally pointless.

Here the Generic "RESET EVERYTHING" staff would be really good, since all those debuffs gone to the wind.

Edited by Airship Canon

I agree that the revival staves were all useless, in large part because honestly, most people would rather reset if they lost a unit..

The best use I could see would be as a one-shot safeguard for a case such as after playing most of a very long and demanding mission (say, something like an Apo. equivalent under challenge run conditions) you make a sloppy mistake and mess up, losing a unit.

Then, rather than having some unknown amount of playtime go down the drain, you could resurrect the character and continue fighting.

Thus, while from an in-game standpoint it might not be that useful (because you can reset), it could be a helpful real-life timesaver so that you can achieve whatever your goal had been before you messed up without investing what might amount to a now doubled amount of time.

Oh, and I would've said this before, but I also think that outside of the Ashera Staff in RD (assuming you could be arsed to get the guy that came with it), S rank staves generally got an F in practicality, too.

Oh, and I would've said this before, but I also think that outside of the Ashera Staff in RD (assuming you could be arsed to get the guy that came with it), S rank staves generally got an F in practicality, too.

Well they have such limited uses that you ends up never using them.

At least Valkyrie could be repaired...

The best use I could see would be as a one-shot safeguard for a case such as after playing most of a very long and demanding mission (say, something like an Apo. equivalent under challenge run conditions) you make a sloppy mistake and mess up, losing a unit.

Then, rather than having some unknown amount of playtime go down the drain, you could resurrect the character and continue fighting.

Thus, while from an in-game standpoint it might not be that useful (because you can reset), it could be a helpful real-life timesaver so that you can achieve whatever your goal had been before you messed up without investing what might amount to a now doubled amount of time.

Yeah,but that's why Casual was invented (as if, if you fear this opportunity, then you're gonna play in Casual tio begin with.

And since its uses are already limited in Classic, it would be even more limited in the other modes.

I'm curious if it'll be useful in multiplayer. Everyone would need to bring a Maid or Butler : P

[spoiler=3rd route]I know an endgame boss carries the Bifrost.

Gunter, who can't use it, so I assume it drops from him.

What happens if you mix it with Infinite Staff? :/

That is too powerful a skill-- it's enemy only, obviously.

Like the Skadi was clearly a boss weapon.

Edited by Airship Canon

Well they have such limited uses that you ends up never using them.

At least Valkyrie could be repaired...

That isn't their only issue. Fortify essentially does the same thing, for one. Second, they tend to come late enough that the status cure aspect is pretty much meaningless. As to Valkyrie, the "only usable at main castle" restriction takes away from what little usability it has, as does the fact that only two pairings allow you to pass it on for use in the second generation.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

This. Bifrost is just really situational, but it could help a lot if you're stuck in that scenario and don't want to lose everything, especially if you were in the middle of a good run.

[spoiler=Not sure if this needs to be in one but just in case]Also, IIRC, someone mentioned that there is no break or option to save between the two last chapters of the game, and if someone dies during the Endgame, you have to start all over, so Bifrost could be useful there.

But if you were to ignore that, then Bifrost is kinda useless...

Edited by SageOfAnys

I'm curious if it'll be useful in multiplayer. Everyone would need to bring a Maid or Butler : P

I doubt it. The whole "resurrecting the last unit that died" sucks the usefulness out of it, especially if you lost two units in a turn, and the first to die happened to be one of your best units.

For the OP i seriously doubt they would make a reset everything staff as the most recent game had fortify heal hp like a heal staff and goddess staff heal fully as previous fortifies and they had the same range. So my guess is if they did have a S rank staff like the one you said that it would heal either as recover (35+magic/3) or mend (20+magic/3) if it heals status effects (but the lack of restore staves makes me doubt this a bit), to all allies in range which would be 7 or possibly 10 and have 1 use.

I doubt it. The whole "resurrecting the last unit that died" sucks the usefulness out of it, especially if you lost two units in a turn, and the first to die happened to be one of your best units.

It may be situational, but if you have a Maid/Butler on your team and you happen to have an extra available item slot, might as well carry one in case it might come in handy. I can definitely see long-range staves coming in handy in pvp, and an S-rank in staves might come with other nice benefits, so why not?

It may be situational, but if you have a Maid/Butler on your team and you happen to have an extra available item slot, might as well carry one in case it might come in handy. I can definitely see long-range staves coming in handy in pvp, and an S-rank in staves might come with other nice benefits, so why not?

"Situational" is much too kind for it, if you ask me.. Also, I'd agree with long range staves having use, but S ranking staves having "other nice benefits"? Yeah, because S ranking staves totally had other nice benefits before this game. . . Oh, wait, no it didn't.

Keyword: might. I was thinking more in terms of weapon rank bonuses, like it might be possible for an S-rank to increase the hit rate of other long-range staves compared to A-rank, giving players a reason to use Maids instead of something like Strategists for staffing duties. I don't think games before Awakening even had weapon rank bonuses, so who knows. It might actually mean something this time.

Keyword: might. I was thinking more in terms of weapon rank bonuses, like it might be possible for an S-rank to increase the hit rate of other long-range staves compared to A-rank, giving players a reason to use Maids instead of something like Strategists for staffing duties. I don't think games before Awakening even had weapon rank bonuses, so who knows. It might actually mean something this time.

Weapon rank bonuses actually started existing in Shadow Dragon. Either way, I think you're getting your hopes up for nothing...

Edited by Levant Colthearts