Guessing at potential canon pairings

Crixler

The hair color of the children characters is determined by the hair color of the father. So, if you look at the official art of the characters, and the hair colors of their possible fathers, one should be able to determine who their father is most likely to canonically be, right?

Here's what I've come up with.

Lissa & Vaike. Owain is shown with blonde hair, and his personality reminds me of Vaike as well. Confirmed hair match.

Maribelle & Libra. Since Vaike is taken by Lissa, the only other blonde male (other than possibly Robin) is Libra. The fact that Brady is a priest also works well with Libra being his father.

Olivia & Henry. Inigo is shown with silver hair, which is a trait that only Henry has (other than possibly Robin).

Cordelia & Gaius. Severa is shown with orangey red hair, like Gaius.

Cherche & Gregor. Gregor and Gerome have the same hair color, and even a similar style (though Gerome's is longer).

Miriel & Ricken. Ricken's hair color matches Laurents. They're all mages, too.

Tharja & Lon'qu. Lon'qu's hair looks like it matches Noire's. Lon'qu and Noire are both also rather shy.

Sully & Kellam. Kellam and Kjelle have the same class, hair color, similar hair styles, and even similar names.

Sumia & Frederick. Sumia doesn't have many pairing options. Cynthia is shown with brown hair, and her only possible husband (other than possibly Robin) with brown hair is Frederick.

Nowi? Nah has green hair, and none of Nowi's possible husbands have green hair. Stahl's looks kind of greenish, but not nearly as green as Nah's.

Panne? I don't really know. I think only the little patch in the middle of his hair changes color, but I'm not sure. That patch is usually shown as white. Robin is usually shown with white hair, so they might be a match. Except...

Robin? The default Robin has white hair. But Morgan is shown with dark brown hair. This would imply that if white-haired Robin is canon, then Robin is most likely female. I have not yet bothered matching Morgan's hair with anyone.

I'm not sure if Robin's hair color works the same way as the other children, though. I don't have Morgan yet, myself. And I'm playing as a male with dark brown hair, anyway.

Chrom? None of the children characters, other than Lucina, have blue hair. So I guess he might just marry the generic village girl. Or Robin, assuming Morgan's hair color works differently than other children characters.

---

Thoughts?

If you've tried any of these pairings, does the child's hair match their official art? I've only tried Lissa and Vaike, myself. And my Owain looks like his official art.

I'm wanting to know what peoples' Nahs and Yarnes look like. And their Morgans.

You might have picked up on this... but the default artwork just uses the hair color of the mother. Inigo/Olivia's the big exception, because hey, guy with pink hair.

I suppose that also doesn't hold true for Kjelle... but I really don't think the hair color's a good starting point for this.

Edited by CinderSkye

You might have picked up on this... but the default artwork just uses the hair color of the mother. Inigo/Olivia's the big exception, because hey, guy with pink hair.

I suppose that also doesn't hold true for Kjelle... but I really don't think the hair color's a good starting point for this.

Because I'm Azure's father.

But yeah, the official artworks hold nothing for "canon".

Another is that the children get said default hair colors on Future of Despair DLC if you play it without anyone paired yet.

For example:

FoDDefaultMorganHairColorFemale.pngFoDDefaultMorganHairColorMale.png

Also, look at Vaike and look at blond Gerome. Perfect match. Look at Brady with Pink hair and then look at Gregor. Spitting image. Sumia is nigh-confirmed to with Krom due to her having priority and the opening video shows him and her with a baby.

The only way to keep everyone happy is to have no canonical pairings and I don't see why thy would mess with this. Could you imagine how Japan would react if all of a sudden their waifus were in love with someone else? Hint: not well.

The hair color of the children characters is determined by the hair color of the father. So, if you look at the official art of the characters, and the hair colors of their possible fathers, one should be able to determine who their father is most likely to canonically be, right?

Here's what I've come up with.

Lissa & Vaike. Owain is shown with blonde hair, and his personality reminds me of Vaike as well. Confirmed hair match.

Maribelle & Libra. Since Vaike is taken by Lissa, the only other blonde male (other than possibly Robin) is Libra. The fact that Brady is a priest also works well with Libra being his father.

Olivia & Henry. Inigo is shown with silver hair, which is a trait that only Henry has (other than possibly Robin).

Cordelia & Gaius. Severa is shown with orangey red hair, like Gaius.

Cherche & Gregor. Gregor and Gerome have the same hair color, and even a similar style (though Gerome's is longer).

Miriel & Ricken. Ricken's hair color matches Laurents. They're all mages, too.

Tharja & Lon'qu. Lon'qu's hair looks like it matches Noire's. Lon'qu and Noire are both also rather shy.

Sully & Kellam. Kellam and Kjelle have the same class, hair color, similar hair styles, and even similar names.

Sumia & Frederick. Sumia doesn't have many pairing options. Cynthia is shown with brown hair, and her only possible husband (other than possibly Robin) with brown hair is Frederick.

Nowi? Nah has green hair, and none of Nowi's possible husbands have green hair. Stahl's looks kind of greenish, but not nearly as green as Nah's.

Panne? I don't really know. I think only the little patch in the middle of his hair changes color, but I'm not sure. That patch is usually shown as white. Robin is usually shown with white hair, so they might be a match. Except...

Robin? The default Robin has white hair. But Morgan is shown with dark brown hair. This would imply that if white-haired Robin is canon, then Robin is most likely female. I have not yet bothered matching Morgan's hair with anyone.

I'm not sure if Robin's hair color works the same way as the other children, though. I don't have Morgan yet, myself. And I'm playing as a male with dark brown hair, anyway.

Chrom? None of the children characters, other than Lucina, have blue hair. So I guess he might just marry the generic village girl. Or Robin, assuming Morgan's hair color works differently than other children characters.

---

Thoughts?

If you've tried any of these pairings, does the child's hair match their official art? I've only tried Lissa and Vaike, myself. And my Owain looks like his official art.

I'm wanting to know what peoples' Nahs and Yarnes look like. And their Morgans.

Just so you know, Morgan's hair colour is always the colour of Robin's lover. So for black-haired Morgan, I believe that there are several options for both genders.

But yeah, all the official artworks went for the mother's hair colours, except in the cases where it wouldn't be noticeable (Yarne) and places where it would look really stupid (Inigo). No canon here, I'm afraid to say.

There are no canon pairings. Chrom x Sumia is probably the closest to canon as Sumia has slightly more story events and is the only non-relative female other than Avatar (who canonically is probably male...) and a short glimpse of a female soldier who shows up in CG movies, but Chrom x Sumia is far from the most popular pairing. In Cynthia's official art, she's using Sumia's hair colour even though none of the males barring the Avatar have that shade of light brown.

Sully x Stalh seems to have its own special ending though, being the first green and red cavaliers who can pair up together.

Honestly for MU? I'm going to have to say the canon pair for a MaleMU is no doubt Lucina. It all just fits together so perfectly with how the story sets it up, plus that one spoiler scene if you're her lover is amazing.

Honestly for MU? I'm going to have to say the canon pair for a MaleMU is no doubt Lucina. It all just fits together so perfectly with how the story sets it up, plus that one spoiler scene if you're her lover is amazing.

I believe that also happens if MU is her mother also.

For what it's worth, the official OST art seems to agree with you, given that Lucina is laying down in a field of the flowers given to her by a Male Avatar in their S support.

Now if she was laying down in said field holding a pie, we could say for sure.

For what it's worth, the official OST art seems to agree with you, given that Lucina is laying down in a field of the flowers given to her by a Male Avatar in their S support.

Now if she was laying down in said field holding a pie, we could say for sure.

[spoiler=Kiddies]Honestly, that would make a cool couple simply because Morgan would bear both the Mark of Naga and Grima (assuming it is still a thing

Well, this game DOES love shoving Sumia down your throat. The cutscene where she rescues Chrom is entitled "Lovebirds" for godsake. Fuck you, IS, I'm not pairing that slut with Chrom, you shouldn't have made it so obnoxious. "OTL I wouldn't have minded like one small hint, but OMG SUMIA in the intro, OH LOOK how cute she trips and Chrom worries over her, AWW LOOK she's so fucking good and gentle with animals, OHH WOW SHE GETS a cutscene where she rescues Chrom, poor Chrom is depressed until SUMIA PUNCHES HIM THATS REAL LOVE.

God I hate it, it makes me so annoyed. "OTL

Well, this game DOES love shoving Sumia down your throat. The cutscene where she rescues Chrom is entitled "Lovebirds" for godsake. Fuck you, IS, I'm not pairing that slut with Chrom, you shouldn't have made it so obnoxious. "OTL I wouldn't have minded like one small hint, but OMG SUMIA in the intro, OH LOOK how cute she trips and Chrom worries over her, AWW LOOK she's so fucking good and gentle with animals, OHH WOW SHE GETS a cutscene where she rescues Chrom, poor Chrom is depressed until SUMIA PUNCHES HIM THATS REAL LOVE.

Well said. I don't even like Sumia as a character, let alone how the game shoves her in your face. It's the only thing I hate about it so far. I'm just glad I don't hate her and Chrom as a pair as much as I hate a certain Tellius pairing. That would just be torture.

Whoa... I'm guessing you paired your MU with Chrom?

While I do like Sumia and I didn't mind IS constantly reminding us of the Sumia and Chrom relationship thing, a more efficient way to show it would have been not to give Chrom any other romantic options. As Sigue said, fans will not be pleased if IS says Sumia & Chrom is canon.

Oh real classy, there. :dry:

Cherche/Henry should be canon because it makes Gerome look SO badass with silver hair and all that black.

Nope, I paired mine with Frederick. He's my Avatar's Freddy Bear. ;3

Edited by Anacybele

And here we go.

The pairing wars all because the word "canon" was thrown around.

Mother of crap, I love this fandom.

I just LIVE for this crap.

All of you have nothing on my OTP.

Mute MU x Emelina/Emmeryn.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Feel free to take a chill pill, friend. I think you're getting a bit angry.

I didn't pair My Unit with Chrom. 8U Went for the shota mage instead. Sumia is fine' date=' I don't actually hate her since you don't HAVE to pair her with Chrom (unlike another certain pegasus knight...), but forced pairings seriously bug me.

Feel free to take a chill pill, friend. I think you're getting a bit angry.

Shipping is serious business, and I very rarely like "canon" pairings in RPGS. 8D; Especially when it's so forced like that.

Oops, sorry, I meant Faye! Of course you'd pair up with Frederick, you rave about him all the time :P

Oh, okay, my bad. Haha, I suppose I have brought him up a BIT much, huh? XD

I'll try to lay off a bit if it's getting a little repetitive, lol.