Hector or Ephraim for Smash DLC

Coreyographed

Hector and Ephraim are my favourite lords, but I think it would also be good because they are from the first two Fire Emblem games released in America.

Also, their personalities would be a good fit: Hector loves to fight, and Ephraim is the warrior prince.

This won't make a difference, but I think that it would be awesome if they joined. Anyone agree?

Is this in response to the Chrom for DLC "movement?"

Hector would be redundant next to Ike. They're both slow but powerful characters, and there's little difference between how you use an axe and how you use a sword.

Ephraim would be better, but I'd like to see a description of how he'd play beyond just "lance user."

On a related note: fans of Hector may want to keep an eye on Project M, as Hector is confirmed to be an alternate costume for Ike in the next release.

I agree with shinpichu's stance on Hector.

Ephraim would be awesome though, because lances are more different. And he's my second favorite lord after Ike. ^^

Both.

Hector should wield the Armads and that Ephraim should wield the Sigmund. Axes and Lances will have the weapon trinity complete.

Hector could have a thunder element to his attacks. His recovery should be him spinning his axe like a helicopter and flying upwards.

Both would be fantastic I think. Axes and lances are a welcome change to swords swords swords.

Did you not see that Robin uses tomes?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Both would be fantastic I think. Axes and lances are a welcome change to swords swords swords.

Oh yes, swords swords swords and swords with tomes

Wow

Very unique

Such variety

I wasn't aware that a character's moveset began and ended with what weapon they're using.

Soul Calibur must be the most boring fighting game ever. I mean, almost everyone just uses swords. C'mon, Namco, where's your character diversity.

Christ it's like anti-Little Mac arguments all over again.

I wasn't aware that a character's moveset began and ended with what weapon they're using.

Soul Calibur must be the most boring fighting game ever. I mean, almost everyone just uses swords. C'mon, Namco, where's your character diversity.

Christ it's like anti-Little Mac arguments all over again.

Maybe they don't like Soul Calibur and the weapon diversity is actually a criticism they level at the series?

I mean, it is possible.

Edited by Tryhard

Maybe they don't like Soul Calibur and the weapon diversity is actually a criticism they level at the series?

I mean, it is possible.

It'd be a stupid criticism if that was a reason they didn't like the game.

Aside from the fact that there are a few non-sword user like Astaroth, there's huge moveset diversity even among the sword users

You'd have to be blind to not see a difference between, say, Siegfried and Raphael.

Going back to Smash, it's clear that despite both wielding swords, Marth and Ike play differently in Smash. Marth uses a fencing-influenced style focused on spacing and quick strikes, while Ike uses slower, more powerful swings and a heavier sword.

I have no illusion that he has a great shot at getting in at this point, but I'd still love to see how Hector could play, at least in gameplay terms.

There are characters in the smash series that can fuck up shields pretty well, but I don't remember a lot of characters being built to do that through actually breaking it. I'm imagining Hector generally dealing nasty (shield) stun with minimal pushback (or at least little enough that it doesn't push them away from his onslaught).

envisioning an up+B that apes his ingame attack, meant to catch somebody jumping away with a nasty finisher, and a side+B that can get him out of hitstun early when sent flying (and start falling faster, for survivability)

roy done right

I've been looking for a post I made long ago on Hector in smash that I remembered liking, for like half an hour, and all I got was this shit

It is basically the beginning and the end of my thoughts on Hector in smash (i.e. that it could be cool if it actually happened)

Edited by Rehab

Is this in response to the Chrom for DLC "movement?"

Hector would be redundant next to Ike. They're both slow but powerful characters, and there's little difference between how you use an axe and how you use a sword.

Ephraim would be better, but I'd like to see a description of how he'd play beyond just "lance user."

On a related note: fans of Hector may want to keep an eye on Project M, as Hector is confirmed to be an alternate costume for Ike in the next release.

Can I get a source on the Project M Hector!Ike? I've yet to hear that, and it would be pretty cool (although I'm still waiting for somebody to make a good Lord Ike).

Can I get a source on the Project M Hector!Ike? I've yet to hear that, and it would be pretty cool (although I'm still waiting for somebody to make a good Lord Ike).

Somebody saw it on one of their streams.

http://smashboards.com/threads/alternate-costume-thread-read-op.340857/

They're doing something called "Art Tuesdays" where they show off new alts so it will probably be revealed there. Dark Meta Knight, who was previously "confirmed" via a stream, was also revealed there. http://imgur.com/a/BbDD6#0

Edited by shinpichu

Going back to Smash, it's clear that despite both wielding swords, Marth and Ike play differently in Smash. Marth uses a fencing-influenced style focused on spacing and quick strikes, while Ike uses slower, more powerful swings and a heavier sword.

This. Ike also seems to use Ragnell more like a club than a sword sometimes. :P

And Robin's sword has electricity. Well, one of them anyway. Lucina is the only sword user with no unique stuff.

It wasn't ever confirmed. But it's not definite that it WON'T get DLC either. Sakurai has said there aren't any plans for any at the moment, but...this is Sakurai. lol

I'd much rather prefer Fire Emblem to just get its own fighting game, but I doubt Nintendo will ever do any spin-offs with the series that aren't tactics involved (assuming Shin Megami Tensei x FE is tactics based).