Hector or Ephraim for Smash DLC

Coreyographed

Their movements may be jumping the gun, but I just don't see the need to add insult to injury.

Well to be fair, I wasn't calling THIS DLC movement dumb (as I actually like the idea, however unrealistic I find it), just the Chrom one. And while perhaps a bit too harsh, I don't think it was totally unwarranted, given that 1) Chrom is already featured in the game as a non-playable entity, and 2) knowing Sakurai's thoughts on Chrom pretty much eliminates any chance he had of being playable, whih makes people clamoring for him just seem like an act of futility and desperation.

Edited by BANRYU

I have to agree with Banryu here. There's no way Chrom will ever be playable now, at least in this Smash game. Though I doubt he'll ever be playable in any Smash game at this point. By the time Smash Bros. 5 starts happening, there will probably be a new, more unique lord to join in.

Edited by Anacybele

Well to be fair, I wasn't calling THIS DLC movement dumb (as I actually like the idea, however unrealistic I find it), just the Chrom one. And while perhaps a bit too harsh, I don't think it was totally unwarranted, given that 1) Chrom is already featured in the game as a non-playable entity, and 2) knowing Sakurai's thoughts on Chrom pretty much eliminates any chance he had of being playable, whih makes people clamoring for him just seem like an act of futility and desperation.

Fair enough.

For all we know, SMT x FE might introduce a new lord that will be featured in the next Smash game. Unlikely, yes, but Nintendo has surprised us before. They might give a cameo to the main lord of the next FE game in SMT x FE.

For all we know, SMT x FE might introduce a new lord that will be featured in the next Smash game. Unlikely, yes, but Nintendo has surprised us before. They might give a cameo to the main lord of the next FE game in SMT x FE.

Very possible that there could be an entirely new cast for SMT x FE. I could imagine a game in an S<T setting but with Fire Emblem gameplay, or vice versa.

and there's little difference between how you use an axe and how you use a sword.

There is acctually a difference how you would use a axe and a sword in combat, to start the swords weight is concentrated at the hilt, to give more manuverability, while the axe has more of it's weight at the head giving stronger blows, but, due to beeing top heavy, requires more strengt & time to get back to a defensive possision, which is why axes are usually used along with a shield, and the fact that it is easier to parry with a sword which makes it easier to use without a shield, just to name a few differences.

This wans't to justify why Hector should be in, but to point out historical differencs with axes and swords.

Also, their personalities would be a good fit: Hector loves to fight, and Ephraim is the warrior prince.

Since when does Sakurai ever consider the personalities of potential fighters before adding them to Smash Bros.? I don't recall the Wii Fit Trainer or Villager having a love of fighting.

Since when does Sakurai ever consider the personalities of potential fighters before adding them to Smash Bros.? I don't recall the Wii Fit Trainer or Villager having a love of fighting.

I didn't mean it that way x) I just meant that they seemed like the lords with the most fighting experience yet to be introduced to the Smash universe.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you not see that Robin uses tomes?

I have a feeling that people will sadly never see that robin as anything more than a sword user its quite sad if you ask me especaily because robin made the most sense as an awakening newcomer

I have a feeling that people will sadly never see that robin as anything more than a sword user its quite sad if you ask me especaily because robin made the most sense as an awakening newcomer

But all his specials use tomes. Why wouldn't people just see him as some sword/magic hybrid, like he is in Awakening?