(FR/LG) Draft the Second: Electric Boogaloo

Venusaur

Alright, time for another one of these! Yes, I hear those groans back there, deal with it

The Rules:

1. Starters are free.

2. HM slaves are allowed, but they may not enter combat, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

3. Ingame trades are allowed, as is trades ONLY to evolve. However, if you catch an undrafted Pokemon that you want to give away,

you can only give it when it could be caught legally. (Say, an Adamant Rhyhorn from the Safari Zone, they can only get that when they can enter the Safari Zone) Don't attach an item, either.

4. Have fun! No irritating low level restrictions, play however you want (within the rules) with those that you've drafted!

5. This draft ends after you beat the Elite Four the first time. Simple, no?

6. This draft supports 10 participants, and has a snaking draft order (1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4...) I will randomize the order (with proof!) after 9 others join.

7. Ask me if you have any doubts about the legality of certain actions!

Participants:

1. frat_tastic (broseph): Caterpie, Cubone, Shellder, Tangela, FARFETCH'D, Venonat, Omanyte

2. Helios (total badass): Mankey, Snorlax, Jolteon, geoDUDE, Drowzee, tentaCOOL, Pinsir

3. Venusaur (still the best grass starter): Nidoran♂, Growlithe, emot-psyboom.gif, Jynx, Zapdos, Paras, Onix

4. CR-S01 (Vulpix enthusiast): Pidgey, Staryu, Sandshrew, Weedle, Balls, Pimp Ditto,

5. Racer (Pokemon draft master): Nidoran♀, Vulpix emot-smith.gif, Rhyhorn, Hitmonchan, Bellsprout, Zubat, Porygon

6. Kon (archers>Kanto): Abra, Trollish, Flareon, Meowth, Scyther, Magikarp, Tauros EBun1.gif

7. Esme (very enthusiastic!): Jigglypuff, Lapras, Ekans, Exeggcute, Chansey :facepalm:, Ponyta, Lickitung

8. Eail (patch dabbler): Pikachu, Vaporeon, Gastly, Dratini, Moltres, Aerodactyl, Grimer

9. Ether (dat Mia fanboy): Spearow, Diglett, Poliwag, Magnemite, Articuno, Machop, Seel

10. Folgore Green (green bros): Mr. Mime, Clefairy, Kangaskhan, Hitmonlee, Slowpoke, Rattata

Tell me if I've missed anything in the list! (Ordered by availability)

[spoiler=Pokemon List]Pidgey

Rattata

Mankey

Spearow

Caterpie

Weedle

Pikachu

Nidoran♂

Nidoran♀

Jigglypuff

Magikarp

Zubat

Geodude

Paras

Clefairy

Sandshrew

Ekans

Oddish

Bellsprout

Abra

Meowth

Farfetch'd

Drowzee

Diglett

Mr. Mime

Voltorb

Machop

Onix

Growlithe

Vulpix

Vaporeon

Flareon

Jolteon

Dratini

Scyther

Pinsir

Porygon

Gastly

Cubone

Doduo

Snorlax

Venonat

Ditto

Poliwag

Horsea

Shellder

Tentacool

Slowpoke

Staryu

Psyduck

Jynx

Exeggcute

Rhyhorn

Chansey

Kangaskhan

Tauros

Hitmonchan

Hitmonlee

Lapras

Krabby

Tangela

Lickitung

Magnemite

Electabuzz

Zapdos

Seel

Articuno

Kabuto

Omanyte

Aerodactyl

Koffing

Grimer

Ponyta

Magmar

Moltres

Edited by Venusaur

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Kanto region isn't exactly my favorite... I'll join, just for you Venu. ;P And I'll play with Blastoise this time. <3

I can't decide between emot-3.gif and :wub:

Maybe you'll find a new Pokebro?

Count me in, cool if I use my Moemon patch for Fire Red?

As long as it doesn't change anything other than sprites, go ahead! If the gameplay's not vanilla (changed wilds/trainers/shops/whatever) then you can't.

I'm really tempted to try that~. Unfortunately, I get easily distracted when playing on the computer, so I guess it's just my FR cartridge for me. :c

I'm really tempted to try that~. Unfortunately, I get easily distracted when playing on the computer, so I guess it's just my FR cartridge for me. :c

On computer you also get a 10x speed toggle, that helps quite a bit for finding Pokemon/grinding/making the game shorter. Try something new, it just might hold your interest longer! (I personally am fine with plain vanilla, but...)

On computer you also get a 10x speed toggle, that helps quite a bit for finding Pokemon/grinding/making the game shorter. Try something new, it just might hold your interest longer! (I personally am fine with plain vanilla, but...)

The 10x speed is what let me beat the Crystal draft so fast. I don't know if I would've had the patience to finish it otherwise. I know I wouldn't be able to finish the Platinum draft if I couldn't speed the game up, since gen IV is SO SLOW.

Case in point, I had opened my paint program with the intent of working on one of my sprites at least 7 hours ago. I just closed out of it with almost no progress made on it. That's just from lurking a forum and watching YouTube videos.

Edited by Kon

Now we've got 10, so I randomized the order and here's what I got!

1. frat_tastic (broseph)

2. Helios (total badass)

3. Venusaur (still the best grass starter)

4. CRS-101 (Vulpix enthusiast)

5. Racer (Pokemon draft master)

6. Kon (archers>Kanto) so sue me I couldn't think of anything better

7. Esme (very enthusiastic!)

8. Eail (patch dabbler)

9. Ether (dat Mia fanboy)

10. Folgore Green (green bros)

[spoiler=The proof]prouf.png

Edited by Venusaur

I'll take Nidoran♂.

You're a bit early, the screenshot tells the order that I randomized from who joined first. For example, I joined first, and you see a "1" third, so I'm third. It's a bit confusing, but you're actually sixth...

Caterpie!

EDIT: Note that while taking either Nidoran would be smarter, I doubt Caterpie would be available when we got back to me and Butterfree's one of my faves. I'm not dumb haha.

Edited by frat_tastic