Something I noticed.

Leif

Screenshot2012-04-01at33748PM.png

How did VincentASM get this picture of a sage? I looked through the Famitsu scans and Official Site, but could find no picture relating to this one? Is there a video or scan I missed?

It's from the newest video, the 6 minute tutorial. Towards the end, Serge is learning several skills as a Dragonmaster, then as a Cleric, then as a Sage.

It's from the newest video, the 6 minute tutorial. Towards the end, Serge is learning several skills as a Dragonmaster, then as a Cleric, then as a Sage.

Wow, I couldn't believe I missed that. Case closed.

It's easy to miss; the focus isn't on her battle sprite. I only knew because I've been obsessing over this stuff enough to immediately recognize Serge.

The ability system (at least from what we've seen ) and the master seal like item which subtracts levels are very similar to mechanics in tier ring saga . Although there are alot of differences this game is also very much what the original creator of fire emblem kinda of wanted in a fire emblem game . At least of you go by the interviews posted on this site . So I think that's kinda part if it . The game just kinda reminds me of a cross between radiant dawn and tear ring saga .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

This game just seems excellent for a number of reasons. The vastly improved skill system is one of them, but I don't think it's that similar to the TRS/BS systems aside from just having good skills. It seems to me that it's more of a class feature than a character feature like in TRS/BS, and I think it'll have fantastic results combined with the other upgrades to FE8's class system. Even the Change Proofs seem like a great addition with how they're being implemented.

Edited by Othin