Character Discussion for RotE

Kanami

HEY, EVERYONE!!!

Okay, I'm going to try and revive this thread. We've got multiple battles coming up in the near future, and the party has been deemed "not ready". In order to make the party efficient enough to take down the foes we'll be facing without nerfing them just to compensate, we need to do more than just wait for second sign ups. We've got combat teams we can still build to help out too, so I'm bringing that up first.

Current teams:

Gytha/Amon/Synthia

Nanahm/Chelsea

Veronika/John

Known active party members:

Domovoi

Axel

Ranyin

Questionables:

Shadrak

Damian

Not sure if I'm missing anyone applicable but either way we're not entirely set up for this. So, if you're reading this, input suggestions or otherwise comment, and drag other relevant parties in here by their ears if you have to. That way we can get this handled and not have as many knockouts later on. Спасибо.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wen Yang

Out of curiosity, but how many people can be in the same combat team?

also, added another of my NPCs to the appropriate thread.

Current teams:

Gytha/Amon/Synthia

Nanahm/Chelsea

Veronika/John

Known active party members:

Domovoi

Axel

Ranyin

Suggested teams:

Nanahm/Chelsea/Domovoi: One wyvern rider per team max, IMO. Also allows for defense of other people via healbot and tank.

Veronika/John/Ranyin: Allows for anti-magical, anti-physical, and a wall combination.

Axel is a loser, so no team for him.

@ Wen: Two to three people can be in a combat team.

@ Roy: Are you just joking or did Z actually quit?

Healers don't get much action, sadly. Few people want to be a healer compared to the axe-wielding berserker or the keen-eyed sniper.

Still, a lack of healers will not be convenient later on. Just look at the last battle, and that was with a couple of healers into account. Better safe than sorry I'd say... but then again, that's up to individual decision.

*mourns the loss of Z*

Well, whatever's best for him. I don't think we have to worry about healers too much, though. 2nd characters are coming, after all, especially what with how many people joined later. The next chapter will only be the beginning of new characters.

We already have something similar in the character archive, where it's listed where the characters and NPC's are as well as their basic standings with the group as a whole. How else would we list it? What are you proposing, exactly? I'd like to hear your idea out if you have a better one.

What I was thinking was something like this.

With the main group: Raquel, Synthia, Zoidberg.

At the magic school: Harry, Ron, Scott, Jean

With Bron: Liza, Robin, Olga

Stooges group: Moe, Larry, Curly, Shem, Curly Joe.

I did not know that there was something like that already though. I must have forgotten/didn't notice. I apologize.

Well the character thread doesn't list the current location of each PC and NPC.

I dunno it could be done, but not sure people would want to update it every time there's a location change.

Edited by -Cynthia-

This reminds me, what will be of the Character Relation Chart and Tiers? Seeing how Kanami doesn't seem to be around, or I guess we can do without them...

@ Character chart

Let's not worry about that right now

@ Locations

Most locations for my characters won't be listed.

For one, I don't always know where they are, and another thing is I control a lot of plot relevant characters who's locations need to stay unknown, for plot of for convenient placement later on. Anyone else should do whatever they feel like doing however, but as for locations, I just make a note to remember where they are based on where they were when they were last posted for. Also like Luna said, that's a wee bit tedious.

I can add a location thing to my earlier post. It'd only be PCs, unless someone wants a specific NPC on there.

I'll be able to keep it up after next week and finals (and graduation stuff) is over.

Notice: Nobody else make any new topics besides Luna or myself. It's annoying to not be able to put up actual polls.

Anyway I've been asked to forward an idea to the community.

Idea: Adding a pc unit to the party, roughly somewhere in tier 2 range(current suggestions is 2/5). Commonly referred to as a Jeigan. Anyway this unit wouldn't necessarily be controlled(during stat battles) by the same person. That can be voted on if necessary. As for the points, anything gained by this Jeigan would be divided by the number of participating pcs and the results added to the overall average. This would also be temporary.

Fine Print: This poll is for determining whether or not to try to develop the idea further, not to decide whether it will ultimately be implemented as is.

Poll:

#1: In favor of the idea.

#2: Not in favor of the idea.

#3: Other(please specify).

I'm abstaining from voting for the moment.