No Assassins...

Stupid class, but why would you expect them to be in the game? This is a remake, and so you should expect the old to return and that's about it--especially when thieves weren't, you know, able to promote in the first place.

How come you don't like Assassins? They are generally quite useful

I rather have an unpromoted thieve than an Assassin. The only thing they have going for them is Lethality, and it's a really cheap skill. I'd rather keep the ability to Steal, even if that mans being less strong.

I'd be fine with Assassins if they didn't promote from such an awesome class.

How come you don't like Assassins? They are generally quite useful

Are you joking? Seriously Assassins are one of the worst unit in the GBA.

It is true that Assassin's are considered one of the worst class amongst most experience players. They happen to have the worst Str cap of 20 which is quite not good when you think about it. They're also complete reliant on the RNG, even more so than most other classes such as Beserkers and Swordmasters for instance. They depend on the RNG to put out critical hits. Especially their skills, Silencer which happen to be no better than critical hit in a LOT of situations. Meaning they need to relay on killer weapons such as Killing Edge or Shamshir in order to active their Silencer skills to be of decent use. By doing so, it would probably result losing many of your funds. They also lack of ranged weaponry since they're usually weaker than physical weapons of the same level, which hurt their cause even more.

Read this and see why.

I like assassins but they have the same caps as theives besides speed skill but when you have a sword and level 20/20 skill doesn't matter. Assassins suck but I can't help using them.

^(pretend it's upside-down ;) ) exactly

Edited by FEFL

Yes, the GBA assassins were rather bad. (Didn't stop me from using them, though.) I think FE10 Volke is the best assassin yet, but he's still comes in rather late...

It wouldn't make sense for Julian and Ricardo to become assassins, anyway. They aren't cold-blooded killers. If they were to promote to anything, they would be better off as Rogues or Thief Fighters.

What's a theif fighter :huh:

Thief Fighter is what Thieves promote to in Holy War and Thracia. There isn't much more I can think of to say about them. =/

To me there are usually soldiers(the class) guarding the chests or knights like FE 6

That's why we send the people who can fight to blast those little pests away. Simple as that.

If you're that sensitive about them not being good at fighting, just have them attack weak axe weilding folk to help make them more sturdy. It's not like you have to put them in harms way, anyways. Bolting has only 5 uses and in this game's case, Worm isn't that strong. Besides, it appears Julian will turn out very nice.

It's not like your thieves have to fight... Julian's only level 13-ish at Chapter 24--one more to go :/

But yeah--if they're dying, it's your fault for assuming they could survive in the first place >.>

Edited by Celice